***Official 2011 MLB NL Central Thread***

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Cordero 
indifferent.gif

Should have taken 3 of 4 or all 4 if it wasn't for one bad inning from Homer.

laugh.gif
  You mean the Brewers should have taken all 4 right?  Nice one.  

Glad we could beat down this JV overachieving team.  Feels good.

Now get Braun healthy and hopefully Greinke takes his head out of his %%+ and the division is a cake walk.  

Cordero is being ridiculous right now...Reds need to figure something out

pirates having a great 1st half

Cordero is being ridiculous right now...Reds need to figure something out

pirates having a great 1st half

Dusty deserves some blame, too, in regards to Cordero. He's thrown 75 pitches the last 3 days...there was no reason he needed to pitch last night when the score was 8-3.

Dusty deserves some blame, too, in regards to Cordero. He's thrown 75 pitches the last 3 days...there was no reason he needed to pitch last night when the score was 8-3.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Cordero 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Now get Braun healthy and hopefully Greinke takes his head out of his $** and the division is a cake walk.  

laugh.gif
I can't wait for the Brewers to collapse down the stretch whether it's the Reds or the Cardinals that beat them. You're annoying as @*!@.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Cordero 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Now get Braun healthy and hopefully Greinke takes his head out of his $** and the division is a cake walk.  

laugh.gif
I can't wait for the Brewers to collapse down the stretch whether it's the Reds or the Cardinals that beat them. You're annoying as @*!@.

63480135.jpg

Cubs Finally Win 3 Straight

It took extra innings with baseball's worst team and an assist from the sun, but the Cubs finally won a third straight game Sunday.

"We were joking around, trying to loosen guys up, saying there's no way we win three. Just go out and have fun," Jeff Baker said.

And, thanks to Baker, they did have fun, because it was his bases-loaded single in the 10th inning that produced the elusive third straight win on the 10th try, 5-4 over the hapless Astros.

"It's big," Baker said. "It's frustrating, obviously, the year hasn't gone the way we wanted. To finally get three together and it's in our division, hopefully we can get rolling, and why not four?"

Sunday's victory was one that almost wasn't. The Cubs squandered a superb seven innings from Matt Garza, then started their winning rally when Marlon Byrd's fly ball to right was lost in the sun by Hunter Pence.

Byrd wound up on third base as he never quit running once he knew the ball was in the air and deep.

"Later in the evening … any ball that goes out there goes right in the sun," Byrd said.

The Astros then walked Tony Campana and Darwin Barney intentionally to load the bases. Baker pinch hit for eventual winner John Grabow (2-0) and ran the count to 3-2 against David Carpenter before lining a single over third base.

"I was just looking for something up (in the strike zone)," Baker said. "Not trying to do too much. I just wanted to put the ball in play."

Garza, again, deserved a better fate after leaving with a 3-2 lead. It was the sixth time this season and third start in a row that Garza has left with a lead but wound up without the victory.

"He's got plenty to show for it," manager Mike Quade said. "We won the ballgame because he gave us seven good innings."

"Every time you contribute it's a plus," Garza said. "It's fun, it always is."
I've been waiting sooooo long to do this...................

63480135.jpg

It took extra innings with baseball's worst team and an assist from the sun, but the Cubs finally won a third straight game Sunday.

"We were joking around, trying to loosen guys up, saying there's no way we win three. Just go out and have fun," Jeff Baker said.

And, thanks to Baker, they did have fun, because it was his bases-loaded single in the 10th inning that produced the elusive third straight win on the 10th try, 5-4 over the hapless Astros.

"It's big," Baker said. "It's frustrating, obviously, the year hasn't gone the way we wanted. To finally get three together and it's in our division, hopefully we can get rolling, and why not four?"

Sunday's victory was one that almost wasn't. The Cubs squandered a superb seven innings from Matt Garza, then started their winning rally when Marlon Byrd's fly ball to right was lost in the sun by Hunter Pence.

Byrd wound up on third base as he never quit running once he knew the ball was in the air and deep.

"Later in the evening … any ball that goes out there goes right in the sun," Byrd said.

The Astros then walked Tony Campana and Darwin Barney intentionally to load the bases. Baker pinch hit for eventual winner John Grabow (2-0) and ran the count to 3-2 against David Carpenter before lining a single over third base.

"I was just looking for something up (in the strike zone)," Baker said. "Not trying to do too much. I just wanted to put the ball in play."

Garza, again, deserved a better fate after leaving with a 3-2 lead. It was the sixth time this season and third start in a row that Garza has left with a lead but wound up without the victory.

"He's got plenty to show for it," manager Mike Quade said. "We won the ballgame because he gave us seven good innings."

We haven't won back to back game in over a month and somehow if we win tonight we will only be three games out. 
laugh.gif

This division is terrible.

We haven't won back to back game in over a month and somehow if we win tonight we will only be three games out. 
laugh.gif

This division is terrible.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

63480135.jpg

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by arstyle27

63480135.jpg

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom