Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Shaq rode Wade to a chip, now Lebron will ride Wade to a chip... only ones catching feelings are Lebron homers... every real Miami fan should be happy.
Except Wade was nowhere to be found during the ECF while LeBron and also Bosh carried the team on offense in that series
eyes.gif
It goes both ways.

Couldn't care less about who "the man" is. They all put in work, and they all deserve the ring if they close out the series. I'd be perfectly happy for all of them.
Lakers have 16 Championships though.
Cool beans. So I suppose you're happy with not winning another one...good to know.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

why are you addressing this if you did not care? where is the Wade defense force? I didnt see it the last few rounds. As soon as someone says anything negative about lebron dudes come out of their caves.

There is the Lebron James Defense Force (LBJDF) and the real Heat fans. The LBJDF will be mad even if the Heat win cause Wade is getting all the love and rightfully so.

BUT BUT BUT LeBRON IS DEFERRING AND PLAYING THE RIGHT WAY 
laugh.gif

Shaq rode Wade to a chip, now Lebron will ride Wade to a chip... only ones catching feelings are Lebron homers... every real Miami fan should be happy.
Except Wade was nowhere to be found during the ECF while LeBron and also Bosh carried the team on offense in that series
eyes.gif
It goes both ways.

Couldn't care less about who "the man" is. They all put in work, and they all deserve the ring if they close out the series. I'd be perfectly happy for all of them.
Cool beans. So I suppose you're happy with not winning another one...good to know.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

why are you addressing this if you did not care? where is the Wade defense force? I didnt see it the last few rounds. As soon as someone says anything negative about lebron dudes come out of their caves.

There is the Lebron James Defense Force (LBJDF) and the real Heat fans. The LBJDF will be mad even if the Heat win cause Wade is getting all the love and rightfully so.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

eyes.gif
It goes both ways.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

smh....All that does not matter, as long as Miami WINS....
your just thinking to hard

eyes.gif
It goes both ways.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

smh....All that does not matter, as long as Miami WINS....
your just thinking to hard

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

You can see why many Mavs fans hate Jason Terry. He's the Patrick Crayton/Freddie Mitchell of this team. I feel sorry for Dirk, he must feel like "Damn I gotta babysit this fool on and off the court..."

[h3]http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4679363/jason-terry-blazers-d-better-than-heats[/h3]
[h3]Jason Terry: Blazers' D better than Heat's[/h3]
June, 6, 2011
Jun 6

3:28

PM CT

By Tim MacMahon

DALLAS – If you’re looking for somebody to praise the Miami Heat’s defensive performance, don’t go to the dude who has been shut down in the fourth quarter in both of the Mavericks’ losses this series.

Jason Terry isn’t that impressed. He doesn’t even think the Heat have the best defense the Mavs have faced this postseason.

“Portland, by far, has the best D,

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

You can see why many Mavs fans hate Jason Terry. He's the Patrick Crayton/Freddie Mitchell of this team. I feel sorry for Dirk, he must feel like "Damn I gotta babysit this fool on and off the court..."

[h3]http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4679363/jason-terry-blazers-d-better-than-heats[/h3]
[h3]Jason Terry: Blazers' D better than Heat's[/h3]
June, 6, 2011
Jun 6

3:28

PM CT

By Tim MacMahon

DALLAS – If you’re looking for somebody to praise the Miami Heat’s defensive performance, don’t go to the dude who has been shut down in the fourth quarter in both of the Mavericks’ losses this series.

Jason Terry isn’t that impressed. He doesn’t even think the Heat have the best defense the Mavs have faced this postseason.

“Portland, by far, has the best D,

Dirk Nowitzki calls out teammate

DALLAS -- Dirk Nowitzki needs scoring help and he knows teammate Jason Terry has yet to deliver in the NBA Finals.

Terry, the Dallas Mavericks' charismatic sixth man who likes to bust out his arms like airplane wings after he makes 3-pointers and prides himself on cold-blooded shooting in the clutch, has found little breathing room with Miami Heat forward LeBron James shutting him out of the late-game offense.

"They keep sticking him [James] on Jet in the fourth quarters and he's been doing a good job," Nowitzki said. "Jet hasn't really been a crunch-time, clutch player for us the way we need him to."

Nowitzki scored 34 points in the 88-86 Game 3 loss and he scored the Mavs' final 12 points of the game. Terry, the team's second-leading scorer, was 0-of-4 from the floor in the fourth quarter of the disappointing home loss that put the Mavs in a 2-1 hole with Game 4 on Tuesday night at the American Airlines Center.

Terry is a combined 0-of-7 in the fourth quarters of the Mavericks' two losses in the NBA Finals.

"They know to take me out of the fourth quarter, which they didn't do in Game 2," Terry said of the Heat's choice to turn to James defensively, "then they got a good chance."

"Let's see if he can defend me like that for seven games," Terry said of James.

During the regular season, Nowitzki and Terry ranked at the top of the league with James and Dwyane Wade as the best fourth-quarter scoring duo. Nowitzki has held up his end, but the 6-foot-2 Terry has struggled in late-game situations throughout the postseason and mightily so against the 6-foot-8 James.

In the final 4:14 of Game 3, Terry missed a 3-point attempt, botched a driving layup and couldn't hit a go-ahead jumper from the baseline with 58.9 seconds to play.

"I had two opportunities," Terry said. "One in the corner for 3, LeBron closed out. The other one in the right corner, LeBron closed out again, didn't get enough air under it.

"Hey, it happens. If I get those same shots in Game 4, I bet I make them."

But Terry still seems hesitant to give too much credit to the Heat, even going so far as to say the Portland Trail Blazers were better on defense in the first-round series than Miami has been in the Finals.

"Portland, by far, has the best D," said Terry, who added that the Heat has a "great scheme" that is "working for them thus far this series."

Terry is 3-of-12 (25.0 percent) in the fourth quarters against Miami, which is not much worse than his overall fourth quarters in which he's shooting 29.3 percent (17-for-58) for an average of 3.2 points per fourth quarter.

"It's a call to arms. One man's not going to win it," Terry said. "Obviously, the big-wig [Nowitzki] is going to need to get some help, and I'm going to tell you this -- that we will be there in Game 4."

Terry's shooting woes complicate a growing problem for the Mavs and their heavily-relied-upon bench. The unit led the league in scoring during the regular season at about 40 points a game, and has been a steady contributor throughout the postseason until going up against the smothering Heat defense.

The bench is averaging 21.6 points in the three Finals games.

Peja Stojakovic is 1-of-5 from the floor and 0-of-4 from 3-point range in the series. He's played just 11 minutes in the past two games and coach Rick Carlisle hasn't gone back to him in the second halves of Games 2 and 3.

J.J. Barea, an effective penetrator against the Los Angeles Lakers and Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals, is seven points off his scoring average of the past two series and is shooting 21.7 percent from the floor and 12.5 percent from the 3-point range.

The onus falls on the 33-year-old Terry, who is shooting below 39 percent since the end of the second round.

"We're going to have to ride our horses. It's just going to have to be something we have to do," Terry said. "They're doing it on their end. Hey, you got eight, seven days, however many days are left in this series. If you can't go out there and play 40-plus minutes as a major cog in the wheel, then you shouldn't be here."

Dirk Nowitzki calls out teammate

DALLAS -- Dirk Nowitzki needs scoring help and he knows teammate Jason Terry has yet to deliver in the NBA Finals.

Terry, the Dallas Mavericks' charismatic sixth man who likes to bust out his arms like airplane wings after he makes 3-pointers and prides himself on cold-blooded shooting in the clutch, has found little breathing room with Miami Heat forward LeBron James shutting him out of the late-game offense.

"They keep sticking him [James] on Jet in the fourth quarters and he's been doing a good job," Nowitzki said. "Jet hasn't really been a crunch-time, clutch player for us the way we need him to."

Nowitzki scored 34 points in the 88-86 Game 3 loss and he scored the Mavs' final 12 points of the game. Terry, the team's second-leading scorer, was 0-of-4 from the floor in the fourth quarter of the disappointing home loss that put the Mavs in a 2-1 hole with Game 4 on Tuesday night at the American Airlines Center.

Terry is a combined 0-of-7 in the fourth quarters of the Mavericks' two losses in the NBA Finals.

"They know to take me out of the fourth quarter, which they didn't do in Game 2," Terry said of the Heat's choice to turn to James defensively, "then they got a good chance."

"Let's see if he can defend me like that for seven games," Terry said of James.

During the regular season, Nowitzki and Terry ranked at the top of the league with James and Dwyane Wade as the best fourth-quarter scoring duo. Nowitzki has held up his end, but the 6-foot-2 Terry has struggled in late-game situations throughout the postseason and mightily so against the 6-foot-8 James.

In the final 4:14 of Game 3, Terry missed a 3-point attempt, botched a driving layup and couldn't hit a go-ahead jumper from the baseline with 58.9 seconds to play.

"I had two opportunities," Terry said. "One in the corner for 3, LeBron closed out. The other one in the right corner, LeBron closed out again, didn't get enough air under it.

"Hey, it happens. If I get those same shots in Game 4, I bet I make them."

But Terry still seems hesitant to give too much credit to the Heat, even going so far as to say the Portland Trail Blazers were better on defense in the first-round series than Miami has been in the Finals.

"Portland, by far, has the best D," said Terry, who added that the Heat has a "great scheme" that is "working for them thus far this series."

Terry is 3-of-12 (25.0 percent) in the fourth quarters against Miami, which is not much worse than his overall fourth quarters in which he's shooting 29.3 percent (17-for-58) for an average of 3.2 points per fourth quarter.

"It's a call to arms. One man's not going to win it," Terry said. "Obviously, the big-wig [Nowitzki] is going to need to get some help, and I'm going to tell you this -- that we will be there in Game 4."

Terry's shooting woes complicate a growing problem for the Mavs and their heavily-relied-upon bench. The unit led the league in scoring during the regular season at about 40 points a game, and has been a steady contributor throughout the postseason until going up against the smothering Heat defense.

The bench is averaging 21.6 points in the three Finals games.

Peja Stojakovic is 1-of-5 from the floor and 0-of-4 from 3-point range in the series. He's played just 11 minutes in the past two games and coach Rick Carlisle hasn't gone back to him in the second halves of Games 2 and 3.

J.J. Barea, an effective penetrator against the Los Angeles Lakers and Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals, is seven points off his scoring average of the past two series and is shooting 21.7 percent from the floor and 12.5 percent from the 3-point range.

The onus falls on the 33-year-old Terry, who is shooting below 39 percent since the end of the second round.

"We're going to have to ride our horses. It's just going to have to be something we have to do," Terry said. "They're doing it on their end. Hey, you got eight, seven days, however many days are left in this series. If you can't go out there and play 40-plus minutes as a major cog in the wheel, then you shouldn't be here."

Terry is such a joke. Dude has even been missing open jumpers. I hope Dirk gets some real help or gets Traded. He is too good not to have a ring.

Terry is such a joke. Dude has even been missing open jumpers. I hope Dirk gets some real help or gets Traded. He is too good not to have a ring.

eyes.gif
It goes both ways.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

I don't. Someone said something and I gave a rational (and true) reply. How I feel about it is irrelevant.

eyes.gif
It goes both ways.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

I don't. Someone said something and I gave a rational (and true) reply. How I feel about it is irrelevant.

Originally Posted by skitzo 31

Originally Posted by TheBlackHole76

Okay, this thread is now full-on ridiculous. Trying to pit Lebron vs. Wade is downright silly. They play on the same team, for God's sake.

Wade is doing what it takes to win. Lebron is doing what it takes to win. In this series, Lebron is double- and triple- teamed and/or being guarded by a capable Shawn Marion or DeShawn Stevenson. Wade often finds himself one-on-one against a 38 year old point guard. For the TEAM, it is more beneficial for Wade to exploit his match up and do the scoring. For the TEAM, it is more beneficial for Lebron to handle the ball and make good passes to the hot hands. Lebron has been superb defensively, especially in the 4th quarter. It's also been shown that in the 4th quarter Lebron's man has scored a total of 5 points in 3 games. They're both doing what it takes to win. They're on the SAME TEAM.

Why should any serious basketball fan care if he scores a million points or not? Is being alpha-dog volume scorer the ONLY way you can be a great player? Are us basketball fans supposed to descend into that "casual fan" mode of only paying attention to point totals and judging player solely on that? It's almost like some of you are endorsing ballhogging, individualism, ego, and all that stuff. Sorry, that's just not an NBA I want to watch if that's the only metric for a good player.

(This is all besides the fact that in the previous Bulls series Lebron was CLEARLY scoring much better than Wade was. And in the Celtics series before that, the two were equally contributing huge games. That's what assembling the "Big 3" was supposed to be about -- balance and teamwork and mutual dependability, not alpha dog establishment.)

Anyway, I'm more interested in the Mavs right now... who in the world cares if Lebron or Wade is better or who's riding who. There are two teams playing this NBA finals, in case some of you forgot.

+1
Totally agree.

Originally Posted by skitzo 31

Originally Posted by TheBlackHole76

Okay, this thread is now full-on ridiculous. Trying to pit Lebron vs. Wade is downright silly. They play on the same team, for God's sake.

Wade is doing what it takes to win. Lebron is doing what it takes to win. In this series, Lebron is double- and triple- teamed and/or being guarded by a capable Shawn Marion or DeShawn Stevenson. Wade often finds himself one-on-one against a 38 year old point guard. For the TEAM, it is more beneficial for Wade to exploit his match up and do the scoring. For the TEAM, it is more beneficial for Lebron to handle the ball and make good passes to the hot hands. Lebron has been superb defensively, especially in the 4th quarter. It's also been shown that in the 4th quarter Lebron's man has scored a total of 5 points in 3 games. They're both doing what it takes to win. They're on the SAME TEAM.

Why should any serious basketball fan care if he scores a million points or not? Is being alpha-dog volume scorer the ONLY way you can be a great player? Are us basketball fans supposed to descend into that "casual fan" mode of only paying attention to point totals and judging player solely on that? It's almost like some of you are endorsing ballhogging, individualism, ego, and all that stuff. Sorry, that's just not an NBA I want to watch if that's the only metric for a good player.

(This is all besides the fact that in the previous Bulls series Lebron was CLEARLY scoring much better than Wade was. And in the Celtics series before that, the two were equally contributing huge games. That's what assembling the "Big 3" was supposed to be about -- balance and teamwork and mutual dependability, not alpha dog establishment.)

Anyway, I'm more interested in the Mavs right now... who in the world cares if Lebron or Wade is better or who's riding who. There are two teams playing this NBA finals, in case some of you forgot.

+1
Totally agree.

People really need to understand that LeBron is the "fill in the holes" guy for this team. They don't have a proper PG, so he does that with his play making, dishing out assists setting up shots for his team mates. They need clutch defense, so he does that. Last night in the 4th, nobody he defended was able to score. Wade had the hot hand and was being guarded by a 38 year old PG. That was not a hole that needed to be filled.

Stop expecting LeBron to be an MJ type player on this team. That's not the role he needs to play for this team to be successful. Him and Wade are both doing exactly what needs to be done to win.

Back
Top Bottom