Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

If Miami gets anywhere near as much home court ref love as Dallas did the past 3 games, Miami is gonna win these next 2 games by 15-20 point blowouts.
Oh brother...

If the Mavericks end up winning this series, it will not be remembered for the refs like it was in 06.

If Miami gets anywhere near as much home court ref love as Dallas did the past 3 games, Miami is gonna win these next 2 games by 15-20 point blowouts.
Oh brother...

If the Mavericks end up winning this series, it will not be remembered for the refs like it was in 06.

Mavericks. 3-0 in close-out games this season.

We got our fingers crossed.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

pimp.gif

*knocks on wood*
As amazing as this whole series has been I want to see Dallas close it out Sunday. Anything can happen in game 7 and the big 3 have a better chance of all having a big game than the entire Mavs team helping Dirk out like they did today.

pimp.gif

*knocks on wood*
As amazing as this whole series has been I want to see Dallas close it out Sunday. Anything can happen in game 7 and the big 3 have a better chance of all having a big game than the entire Mavs team helping Dirk out like they did today.

I really hope we don't start hearing excuses about Wade being injured if they lose...

There wasn't a team in the entire playoffs more banged up than the Mavericks, except the Grizzlies or Hornets maybe.

I really hope we don't start hearing excuses about Wade being injured if they lose...

There wasn't a team in the entire playoffs more banged up than the Mavericks, except the Grizzlies or Hornets maybe.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

hope it goes 7 games, finals have been great so far

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

hope it goes 7 games, finals have been great so far

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Shut the hell up. You're one of the proudest LeBron haters on this forum. 

Excuse me?

I don't hate LeBron James at all - I hate you fools that put him up on a pedestal. In case you didn't notice by looking through the thread, I laugh at EVERYONE from BOTH teams. It's funny watching you guys run to his rescue and find excuses, though. Cute.

You're trying to argue something that really isn't up for discussion:
Chandler's heel was fully inside the circle.

Already posted what's in the rulebook: a defender can be legally positioned in the restricted area and draw a charge if the offensive player receives the ball within the lower defensive box. Simple.

And then you call it the
easiest call of the finals or whatever, like that will win you the
argument.

I'm smarter than you. I won the argument.

And even if Chandler was outside of the circle (which he
wasn't), the call would still be debatable.

I don't wear LeBron-blinders, so it is definitely not debatable. Easiest call of the finals.

Thanks for playing.

I have LeBron blinders, huh? Caught the ball in the paint, huh? You smarter than me, huh? What's this then, wiseguy?

339pmc4.png

He clearly grabs the ball outside of the paint and Chandler clearly has half of his foot inside the circle. No charge. Miami got screwed. Sit yo hater %*# down.

Excuse me?

I don't hate LeBron James at all - I hate you fools that put him up on a pedestal. In case you didn't notice by looking through the thread, I laugh at EVERYONE from BOTH teams. It's funny watching you guys run to his rescue and find excuses, though. Cute.

Already posted what's in the rulebook: a defender can be legally positioned in the restricted area and draw a charge if the offensive player receives the ball within the lower defensive box. Simple.

And then you call it the
argument.

I don't wear LeBron-blinders, so it is definitely not debatable. Easiest call of the finals.

Thanks for playing.

I have LeBron blinders, huh? Caught the ball in the paint, huh? You smarter than me, huh? What's this then, wiseguy?

339pmc4.png

He clearly grabs the ball outside of the paint and Chandler clearly has half of his foot inside the circle. No charge. Miami got screwed. Sit yo hater %*# down.

Instead of worrying about the result of one play, try worrying about knocking down free throws, and closing out.

Regardless of that call, Bron still had a very efficient game, but the guy is flat from outside in the series.

LeBron is shooting 20/30 in the restricted area and the corner three (1/2), but outside of that?

6/21 from three, 29%.
5/17 from mid-range, 29%
3/7 in the paint (non-Restriction), 43%.

You can bring up the same kind of stats for Dirk, somewhat similar, except Dirk is getting it done in the fourth.

How about the super-travel that wasn't called? Or ANOTHER 3-point whack foul call that drew a technical from Marion? Or the charge that should have been called when Wade got hurt?

You win some and you lose some.

You can say that the urgency of the call was more important, but you should be making calls the same way you do in minute one, or minute 48.

Instead of worrying about the result of one play, try worrying about knocking down free throws, and closing out.

Regardless of that call, Bron still had a very efficient game, but the guy is flat from outside in the series.

LeBron is shooting 20/30 in the restricted area and the corner three (1/2), but outside of that?

6/21 from three, 29%.
5/17 from mid-range, 29%

You can bring up the same kind of stats for Dirk, somewhat similar, except Dirk is getting it done in the fourth.

How about the super-travel that wasn't called? Or ANOTHER 3-point whack foul call that drew a technical from Marion? Or the charge that should have been called when Wade got hurt?

You can say that the urgency of the call was more important, but you should be making calls the same way you do in minute one, or minute 48.

Excuse me?

And then you call it the
argument.

Thanks for playing.

339pmc4.png

http://nbaplaybook.com/20...ames-was-the-right-call/

Excuse me?

And then you call it the
argument.

Thanks for playing.

339pmc4.png

6/21 from three, 29%.
5/17 from mid-range, 29%

or marion getting hacked on a fastbreak by lebron

chalmers loose ball foul in the 3rd

etc

6/21 from three, 29%.
5/17 from mid-range, 29%

or marion getting hacked on a fastbreak by lebron

chalmers loose ball foul in the 3rd

etc

Originally Posted by pinoyXboi

Excuse me?

And then you call it the

argument.

Thanks for playing.

339pmc4.png

Even if you take this invisible "defensive box" into consideration, he STILL caught the ball outside of it. Look at the picture I posted again. His right foot is well outside of the paint when he catches the ball. His left foot is still in the air and only comes down later. If this was an out of bounds play, the ball wouldn't be out of bounds while his left foot was in the air, only after he actually dropped it while holding the ball.

The way that the hater portrayed this situation through the pictures is WRONG. Here is the position of LeBron's foot when he catches the ball, from a much better and closer angle:

dz8kyo.png

The red arrow shows the white line that makes up the defensive box. His right foot is outside of it. His left foot is inside, but it is in the air. Like I said, in an out of bounds situation, he wouldn't be out of bounds. That I am 100% sure of.

Now, I'll admit I don't know the full extent of the rule and I doubt that ANYONE on this forum knows it either. But unless they go by the rule similar to football's "invisible wall" rule that only the tip of the ball needs to touch the invisible wall for there to be a touchdown, or in this case, only a part of a player's body needs to be inside of the defensive box, regardless of the part touching the floor or not, then this was the wrong call. And since this is basketball and not football, I think that the rule that is most likely to apply in this situation is the same as when the ball is going out of bounds in basketball.

And keep in mind that LeBron's position when he catches the ball is only one side of the story. There is still the other half, whether Chandler was fully set.

Originally Posted by pinoyXboi

Excuse me?

And then you call it the

argument.

Thanks for playing.

339pmc4.png

Even if you take this invisible "defensive box" into consideration, he STILL caught the ball outside of it. Look at the picture I posted again. His right foot is well outside of the paint when he catches the ball. His left foot is still in the air and only comes down later. If this was an out of bounds play, the ball wouldn't be out of bounds while his left foot was in the air, only after he actually dropped it while holding the ball.

The way that the hater portrayed this situation through the pictures is WRONG. Here is the position of LeBron's foot when he catches the ball, from a much better and closer angle:

dz8kyo.png

The red arrow shows the white line that makes up the defensive box. His right foot is outside of it. His left foot is inside, but it is in the air. Like I said, in an out of bounds situation, he wouldn't be out of bounds. That I am 100% sure of.

Now, I'll admit I don't know the full extent of the rule and I doubt that ANYONE on this forum knows it either. But unless they go by the rule similar to football's "invisible wall" rule that only the tip of the ball needs to touch the invisible wall for there to be a touchdown, or in this case, only a part of a player's body needs to be inside of the defensive box, regardless of the part touching the floor or not, then this was the wrong call. And since this is basketball and not football, I think that the rule that is most likely to apply in this situation is the same as when the ball is going out of bounds in basketball.

And keep in mind that LeBron's position when he catches the ball is only one side of the story. There is still the other half, whether Chandler was fully set.

Back
Top Bottom