OFFICIAL 2012 EURO CUP + Qualifying vol. WHO WILL WIN?

Felt that this is long over due, with qualifiers well underway and as we approach that Euro Cup
pimp.gif
  Did not want to keep stacking up the 2011 Ultimate Soccer Thread, as that will be replaced at the end of the year. Did not find an official thread for the Euro Cup, if there is one already, please lock mods.  
NT, lets here your opinions!  What teams are/aren't preforming on the pitch, what footballers should we look out for, and who will win? 
pimp.gif

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/standings/index.html (scores, standings, and match times/dates for each group)

/discuss

Felt that this is long over due, with qualifiers well underway and as we approach that Euro Cup
pimp.gif
  Did not want to keep stacking up the 2011 Ultimate Soccer Thread, as that will be replaced at the end of the year. Did not find an official thread for the Euro Cup, if there is one already, please lock mods.  
NT, lets here your opinions!  What teams are/aren't preforming on the pitch, what footballers should we look out for, and who will win? 
pimp.gif

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/standings/index.html (scores, standings, and match times/dates for each group)

/discuss

Portugal will bench CR7, Pepe, and Carvalho and then win Euro 2012 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

(I wish this could happen
laugh.gif
)

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
)

updates in the thread title ab when games air on fsc and goltv would def be appreciated OP, if they're gna b on those channels

updates in the thread title ab when games air on fsc and goltv would def be appreciated OP, if they're gna b on those channels

Spain will very likely win due to their otherworldly midfield talent and depth. Midfield play usually dictates how these big tournaments go.

Mesut Ozil is the player to keep an eye on. Like many others, I believe he's the next great playmaker.

Spain will very likely win due to their otherworldly midfield talent and depth. Midfield play usually dictates how these big tournaments go.

Mesut Ozil is the player to keep an eye on. Like many others, I believe he's the next great playmaker.

I see Germany winning it. France has all kinds of talent but cant seem to put it together

I see Germany winning it. France has all kinds of talent but cant seem to put it together

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
)

i lurk around all the socccer threads and i recall you being a portuguese fan.  why all the hate?

i just hope portugal qualifies.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
)

i lurk around all the socccer threads and i recall you being a portuguese fan.  why all the hate?

Originally Posted by thecity

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
)

Portugal fan checking in, and i don't see them not qualifying even though I wish they came out stronger.  Also, to everyone saying that Spain will win with no competition, who could forget this? http://news.oneindia.in/2010/11/18/portugal-beats-world-champion-spain-4-0.html
Not saying they have no chance of winning, though.  Surprised  I'm not seeing any Netherlands support, as they are the team to watch , with an EXTREMELY solid team IMO.  Germany is also looking very strong, but no surprise there.  

BTW: Will do my best to update the thread title on game days with channel/time.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
)

Portugal fan checking in, and i don't see them not qualifying even though I wish they came out stronger.  Also, to everyone saying that Spain will win with no competition, who could forget this? http://news.oneindia.in/2010/11/18/portugal-beats-world-champion-spain-4-0.html
Not saying they have no chance of winning, though.  Surprised  I'm not seeing any Netherlands support, as they are the team to watch , with an EXTREMELY solid team IMO.  Germany is also looking very strong, but no surprise there.  

BTW: Will do my best to update the thread title on game days with channel/time.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
)

Just because I'm Portuguese, I don't have to like everyone on the squad because of their nationality (no hostility towards you intended). Just like how I'm a USA fan but I hate damn near everyone on the squad besides Howard,Dempsey, Donovan, and Holden
laugh.gif

I'm just not a fan of how they play. Ronaldo with his constant @#$%@ing and diving and also vanishing from every big game. I used to be a fan of his until the 2006 WC
30t6p3b.gif
then his World Cup 2010 performance 
sick.gif
Even though I hate him I was begging him to do something. Instead he just continued shooting from 40 yards out
indifferent.gif

Pepe/Carvalho with their dirty @#$ tackles. However I admit that these 2 are arguably the most important players on the squad.

Portuguese players I DO like: Meireles, Nani (used to dislike him for diving, but it's pretty funny to me now
laugh.gif
), Coentrao, Moutinho, Pereira.

And I'm not being biased cause I'm a Barca fan. I hate Porto (Sport Lisboa 
pimp.gif
) and Madrid, but I like/dislike players based on how they play, not their team allegiances.

We have a championship caliber midfield and defense, but we need better forwards BADLY if we want to win this. Almeida and Postiga are far too inconsistent, and it doesn't help that Ronaldo goes ghost 80% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom