::Official 2012 Fantasy Baseball Thread::

Originally Posted by Rocky437

Pick up Chris Capuano if you need starting pitching. He did beautifully for me today, I picked him up this morning. 
Btw Jason Hammel was sharp again, against the Red Sox today at Fenway. I'm simply too scared of the offense in the AL East to pick him up and stick with him long term though. 

How many weeks do I have to tell yall about Hammel???
Dude is the ace of Baltimore right now, absolutely dealing.

Capuano has been a surprise too, grab him as well, like Rocky say.

Also a guy like Jason Vargas is a good spot start guy - but wait 3 weeks for him - his next three starts are vs Det, NYY and BOS

jason werth went down with a broken wrist and i need another OF. someone in my league is willing to trade one of the following OF's for RP's (he needs saves)
matt joyce
shane victorino
bryce harper
jay bruce

my RP's are:
sean marshall
andrew cashner
santiago casilla
steve cishek
ernesto frieri

should i package 2 of these guys for one of his OF's? if so which 2, and which OF?

some notable OF's in the FA are:
josh reddick
jon jay
luke scott
angel pagan
tony campana

Scott is probably the best FA option you listed, 1B eligibility is a bonus. I'd try prying Victorino or Bruce away if you're set on trading for an OF. Definitely package Marshall with another RP before Casilla. I doubt the manager lets Shane or Bruce go at that price, unless he's absolutely desperate for saves.

thanks i sent him a trade of cashner and cishek for bruce. i hope he counters with victorino if i cant get bruce 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by diew its james

jason werth went down with a broken wrist and i need another OF. someone in my league is willing to trade one of the following OF's for RP's (he needs saves)
matt joyce
shane victorino
bryce harper
jay bruce

my RP's are:
sean marshall
andrew cashner
santiago casilla
steve cishek
ernesto frieri

should i package 2 of these guys for one of his OF's? if so which 2, and which OF?

some notable OF's in the FA are:
josh reddick
jon jay
luke scott
angel pagan
tony campana
Joyce and Bruce and the best OF'ers --- depends on the price - Cashner, Casilla,Cishek and Frieri are all expendable.

the guy is willing to do harper for cishek. pull the trigger and run? will harper be staying in the majors the rest of the season?

Originally Posted by onewearz

Dam , Joe Saunders gettin raped tonight. Bloom might be off that rose
laugh.gif
I picked him up just in time for his awful night
laugh.gif
. I'm patient im sure tonight was only a bump in the road.

Any word on if Javy Guerra will move into an 8th inning role? or back as closer sometime later this season? ff dunno what I should do.

Originally Posted by diew its james

the guy is willing to do harper for cishek. pull the trigger and run? will harper be staying in the majors the rest of the season?

Harper is here for good.

Originally Posted by onewearz

Dam , Joe Saunders gettin raped tonight. Bloom might be off that rose
laugh.gif

you guys are dumb to even believe in him.
He's a soft tosser, has a terrible track record, was garbage last year. He had a handful of good starts when he first got called up to the majors 2 years ago I believe.

He doesn't have the stuff to be consistent for a long stretch IMO

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

No, hold off on Reed at this point. I'll be the first to admit I'm shocked, Sale is 3-1 with a 2.81 ERA as a starter. He's understandably upset and I felt Ventura could comfortably go with Thornton and Reed in the eighth and ninth.
Plus, always hearing about a pitcher feeling elbow discomfort is always concerning.  It'd make a ton more sense to send him to the doc instead of just trying to lower his work load.  Like you said, they have a formidible lefty/righty combo at that back end.

Just as I'm about to talk this guy into accepting a trade including Francisco Cordero, he goes out and does this

[table][tr][th=""]DATE[/th][th=""]OPP[/th][th=""]IP[/th][th=""]H[/th][th=""]ER[/th][th=""]BB[/th][th=""]K[/th][th=""]DEC[/th][/tr][tr][td]5/8[/td][td]@Oak[/td][td].1[/td][td]3[/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]L, BS[/td][/tr][/table]
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

a grand slam to Brandon Inge? Being a Tigers fan just makes it hurt even more...

Anyone looking for short term pitching help (like myself); Ross Detwiler's next two starts are @Pit and SD, and Washington's pitching has been lights out so far this year. Might be a reach but worth looking into.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Just as I'm about to talk this guy into accepting a trade including Francisco Cordero, he goes out and does this

[table][tr][th=""]DATE[/th][th=""]OPP[/th][th=""]IP[/th][th=""]H[/th][th=""]ER[/th][th=""]BB[/th][th=""]K[/th][th=""]DEC[/th][/tr][tr][td]5/8[/td][td]@Oak[/td][td].1[/td][td]3[/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]L, BS[/td][/tr][/table]
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

a grand slam to Brandon Inge? Being a Tigers fan just makes it hurt even more...

his era was 135.00 after that
laugh.gif

Yep, saw that triple digit ERA and my mouse went immediately to the drop button, just off of principle. Doesn't even matter that I'm hurting for saves.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

So get this...

I picked up Andy Dirks at 2pm yesterday, needing an OF and because he's been amazing thus far - what does he doe 8 hours later... 4-4 with a HR.

Pick him up, he's secured a spot, no way they get rid of him the way he's been hitting in the 2 hole.

--------

- If for some reason Bryan LaHair is still available because you play with ******s scoop him up

- Tony Campana is still a steal threat, playing pretty well

- Will Middlebrooks, rookie for the Sox has been swinging the bat well since coming up (like I told yall)

- Jason Vargas had another solid start

- if you need average - Kyle Seager of the Mariners is swinging a good bat

- Jake Westbrook has been really good for the Cardinals

- Josh Reddick has been playing well for Oakland if you need a solid OF

- If you're in a stupid league and Allen Craig is still available - scoop him up right now

- Rafael Dolis is the clear closer for the Cubs now

- Edward Mujica will be getting a save chance for the Marlins next

[table][tr][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""]
Rankings
[/th][th=""]
Trends
[/th][th=""]
Pitching
[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]
Player
[/th][th=""]
Action
[/th][th=""]
Opp: 5/12
[/th][th=""]
Owner
[/th][th=""]
O-Rank
[/th][th=""]
Rank
[/th][th=""]
% Owned
[/th][th=""]
IP*
[/th][th=""]
W
[/th][th=""]
SV
[/th][th=""]
K
[/th][th=""]
ERA
[/th][th=""]
WHIP
[/th][/tr][tr][td]
Luke Hochevar

(KC - SP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ @CWS[/td][td]FA[/td][td]316[/td][td]1273[/td][td]5%[/td][td]28.0[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]18[/td][td]9.00[/td][td]1.82[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Philip Humber

(CWS - SP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ KC[/td][td]FA[/td][td]354[/td][td]939[/td][td]14%[/td][td]27.2[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]28[/td][td]6.83[/td][td]1.48[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Juan Nicasio

(Col - SP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ @LAD[/td][td]FA[/td][td]363[/td][td]931[/td][td]5%[/td][td]33.2[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]26[/td][td]5.35[/td][td]1.63[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Josh Tomlin

(Cle - SP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ @Bos[/td][td]FA[/td][td]415[/td][td]712[/td][td]3%[/td][td]34.2[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]27[/td][td]4.67[/td][td]1.24[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Matt Harrison

(Tex - SP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ LAA[/td][td]FA[/td][td]417[/td][td]747[/td][td]41%[/td][td]37.0[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]22[/td][td]5.11[/td][td]1.43[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Jerome Williams

(LAA - SP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ @Tex[/td][td]W (May 12)[/td][td]447[/td][td]201[/td][td]8%[/td][td]32.0[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]23[/td][td]3.38[/td][td]1.16[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Aaron Harang

(LAD - SP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ Col[/td][td]FA[/td][td]674[/td][td]921[/td][td]10%[/td][td]34.1[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]32[/td][td]5.24[/td][td]1.57[/td][/tr][tr][td]
P.J. Walters

(Min - RP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ Tor[/td][td]W (May 13)[/td][td]695[/td][td]536[/td][td]0%[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Felix Doubront

(Bos - SP,RP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ Cle[/td][td]FA[/td][td]818[/td][td]787[/td][td]6%[/td][td]32.1[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]32[/td][td]5.01[/td][td]1.55[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Drew Hutchison

(Tor - SP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ @Min[/td][td]FA[/td][td]829[/td][td]934[/td][td]1%[/td][td]21.2[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]17[/td][td]6.65[/td][td]1.62[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Héctor Noesí

(Sea - SP,RP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ @NYY[/td][td]FA[/td][td]866[/td][td]919[/td][td]1%[/td][td]30.0[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]18[/td][td]6.30[/td][td]1.40[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Phil Hughes

(NYY - SP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ Sea[/td][td]FA[/td][td]874[/td][td]869[/td][td]10%[/td][td]28.1[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]30[/td][td]6.67[/td][td]1.48[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Charlie Morton

(Pit - SP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ Hou[/td][td]FA[/td][td]903[/td][td]788[/td][td]1%[/td][td]27.1[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]20[/td][td]4.61[/td][td]1.46[/td][/tr][tr][td]
J.A. Happ

(Hou - SP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ @Pit[/td][td]FA[/td][td]961[/td][td]840[/td][td]3%[/td][td]34.1[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]34[/td][td]5.24[/td][td]1.57[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Chris Volstad

(ChC - SP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ @Mil[/td][td]FA[/td][td]984[/td][td]1251[/td][td]1%[/td][td]33.0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]21[/td][td]6.55[/td][td]1.39[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Brian Matusz

(Bal - SP)
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]^ TB[/td][td]FA[/td][td]1275[/td][td]1261[/td][td]1%[/td][td]32.0[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]22[/td][td]5.91[/td][td]1.81[/td][/tr][/table]

Who would you take for a spot start tomorrow?

Those are some God awful options
laugh.gif
maybe Harang at home? Probably rack up the K's. K's for Hughes too but I still don't trust him. You really need a starter for tomorrow?
laugh.gif

Venom, great tip on Dirks but don't expect him to play every day. Welcome to the lineup nightmare us Tigers fans have been living in during the Leyland regime.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Venom, great tip on Dirks but don't expect him to play every day. Welcome to the lineup nightmare us Tigers fans have been living in during the Leyland regime.
he's been playing daily - and his production will keep him in the lineup, kid has a solid bat

Back
Top Bottom