OFFICIAL 2012 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD : 68-58 Dodgers/BoSox complete minimal trade

i like what we have done now.

i mean you had fans still pissed off from the Mccourt era and what he did to this team and how be bring us down. your main rivial also winning the WS this year also doesnt help. you got to spend  big and get the fan support back. the trades durning the season and offseason pick up's show this new ownership is about winning. this is what most die hard dodger fans wanted to see.

all of these moves have made the team better and will get most us dodger fans back to die hard supporting the team.

just build the farm system back up

Angels getting Hamilton. Dodgers vs. Angels looking mighty interesting. Their pitching is :rolleyes Other than Weaver, there's not much to write home about.

:lol: saw this thread in the "recent discussions" at the bottom of the page and said to myself "whaaaaat?"

How's it going folks?

:lol: I dumped that *****, trying to maintain weight til the new year and begin adding weight slowly...we'll see how that goes

Nah bro, I thought about it but i'm gonna go with no.

There's zero reason it shouldn't be in SoCal, this is the place for it...not AZ or SF IMHO (no homer)

Hopefully by then i'll be into my union apprenticeship anyway :smile:

I was looking forward to having some healthy *** wheat grass tofu beer with your healthy *** in Arizona :lol:

Hahaha nah brotha, not this time. Maybe a September SF trip, hippie **** poppin on Haight i'm sure every day we could get into :lol:

Came into this thread to see what you guys were saying about Ethier, but it looks like none of you have gotten around to posting about that yet.

Then I saw this:

There's zero reason it shouldn't be in SoCal, this is the place for it...not AZ or SF IMHO (no homer)

I think its because AT&T Park and Chase Field are both substantially nicer than Chavez Ravine. And Chase Field is also right in the middle of Spring Training, so that makes things easier.

I just realized you said SoCal and not LA. My bad. If it was in SoCal it would be in San Diego anyways. If you wanna say it should be in San Diego instead of SF, I wont disagree.....other than the fact that I wont be able to go as easily. :lol:

Damn I didn't even know mike is a Dodgers fan.
my sig got taken out in the move
laugh.gif

if we trade Andre what are we looking to get back? we have all the pitching we need now.

they really expecting crawford to be ready by opening day now?

Before the pitching pickups, I was all for trading Ethier for a good arm, but what's the point right now? Maybe a 3rd basemen?

Luis Cruz is solid but I still don't see him putting up high numbers for a full season.

I might be the only person excited to see what McGwire can bring to the offense.

Third base would be the only place you guys could have a significant trade that would make an Ethier trade worth it. But I agree about Crawford not being ready yet, he's going to be gone for a while and there's no sense in trading Ethier early before any needs make themselves known. Better to hold on for now and let the season play out.

What do you guys think of Mark Ellis? He was a lifer with us in Oakland and still well liked.

Isn't Crawford supposed to be ready by Spring Training?? I though it was a 6 month recovery for a non-pitcher?

Mark Ellis is solid IMO, sans the bone headed base running he did the last week of the season when this team had a slim shot at the playoffs.

Solid defense, solid bat, and plays with grit...

Don't know much about what's going on in the farm, but how far along is Puig?
Dude is already getting millions and hasn't suited up in the uniform yet.

Last edited:
Puig being called up at the end of the 2013 season will be shocking. I could see him being ready in 2014-15.

He's an international prospect, their signings make more of a splash, doesn't mean they are ready for the Show.

Not much down in the farm, it's actually really bare. New ownership and Stan Kasten are rebuilding from scratch, it's going to take time. Meanwhile they'll keep signing established, yet expensive pieces to contend now. Farm systems aren't built overnight.

Crawford is expected to be ready by Opening Day, but you never know.

Not much on the Ethier front, don't think they'll trade him simply because teams will be asking to pick up the tab. The appeal with Swisher is that he is basically the same player Ethier is but two years younger and can hit lefties. On the other hand, Swisher will be going from a hitter friendly park/division to a pitcher friendly park/division.

Mark Ellis will do at second base, it's not a premium position, and he exceeds the production that is expected of him.

Back
Top Bottom