Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Is Isaiah Thomas not a long term option at PG for the Kings? I didn't really watch them a lot but he seemed to be one of the few bright spots on that squad - would it make sense to trade your 2 most valuable chips for another PG (who is very good) + middle 1st rounders? Do the Kings see Isaiah Thomas as a starter on a good team?

Also - good trade by the TWolves picking up a starting level wing for the 18th pick. There were a couple options in the draft but the chances of a 2/3 giving you good value at that spot weren't very high. Chase isn't a great defender but he can shoot and he's an athlete - should be a nice fit next to Rubio, Love, and Pekovic - who either create for others very well or demand attention inside.

Originally Posted by mgrand15

Is Isaiah Thomas not a long term option at PG for the Kings? I didn't really watch them a lot but he seemed to be one of the few bright spots on that squad - would it make sense to trade your 2 most valuable chips for another PG (who is very good) + middle 1st rounders? Do the Kings see Isaiah Thomas as a starter on a good team? 
I think they are kinda just using him as a bandaid. His calling is as a 18-25 mpg energy guy to keep the offense going coming off the bench.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by trich20

I admittedly watched absolutely no Kings games this year, but how did Evans fall off so hard after one season? 
plantar fasciitis that plagued him his entire soph season. Coaching and position change last season
Or he got exposed for what he is and always will be...a guy who puts up numbers on a horrible team.  Tyreke Evans is about the last guy you should ever want on your team.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Do the Kings see Isaiah Thomas as a starter on a good team?
Probably not a question they'll ever need to ask themselves.

roll.gif
roll.gif

As somebody who goes to Syracuse and knows/likes Dion Waiters, are the Kings seriously even considering the notion of drafting him over MKG? I mean thats gotta be a joke.

Especially when you already have Tyreke (whose a very similar player in that hes a strong, ball dominant, 6'4 PG/SG hybrid), Jimmer, and Isaiah Thomas. Why in the world would they draft another scoring guard with the #5 pick especially with a player like MKG potentially falling into your laps, who is many people's (including mine) highest ranked player at your team's weakest position.

If this is about the players not working out for Sac-Town they really needa start to get over it because theyre just starting to act foolish. Dion was 6th man on a team that was not nearly as good as the team MKG helped lead to a title, and Dion is a year older and plays a position they do not need.

EDIT: If Bobcats get offered all those picks for #2 they need to get on that in a second. For a team coming off a season that they just had, where they have more holes than anybody else in the league, they need as many picks as they can get. Plus Barnes/MKG is not that bad of a drop off from Thomas Robinson, if there is any drop off at all (only time will tell). Who knows? Maybe the Wizards even take Barnes at 3 and they get the the player that they would have taken at #2 with #4 anyway and they get two draft picks for free just for helping Cleveland get Beal.

Within the same mock draft, Ford says the Hornets offered the Rockets the No. 10 pick for Nos. 14 and 16 last week, but that Houston turned them down.
I had a feeling that would come up eventually. Too much parity in that range not to try, and for the Rockets to say yes.

I have another feeling that if Gilchrist really does slide past four or five, the Hornets probably make a call to the Blazers.

Honestly though, if MKG falls to them at the 5 spot, that becomes one of my favorite young cores moving forward.  Cousins and MKG can be two of the three guys on a contender.  And if the team moves which is still likely it changes the whole situation.

Is it wrong that I still am on the Hassan Whiteside bandwagon as a potential starting 5 down the road?
laugh.gif

Dion Waiters makes absolutely no sense for the Kings whatsoever, they're better off taking MGK if he's available

We better jump all over that cavs deal unless there is a better deal on the table or we're trying to get more pieces from someone else

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

What time does the actial draft start?

I know the draft coverage starts at 7ET/4PT but I don't want to take off work early just to see an hour of ESPN BS.
Quoting myself. Sorry

If I had to guess, I would say the actual drafting starts at 5 PT

Victor Claver could be with the Blazers next season.  I totally forgot about this guy, anybody know if he can ball or what?

Haynes5.jpg

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Why?

Lowry is the better player and they can bolster their depth.  There will be some VERY good talent available at the 14/16 spots. 

Tyreke and a top-5 pick in this draft is worth more than Lowry and a couple of mid 1st-rounders.
While I see DoubleJs' point, I agree with this notion. And I'm a big Lowry fan. Not quite enough value in return for Evans and #5.
Or at least wait until Draft night to see if MKG falls into their laps at #5.

Edit:

@WojYahooNBA Indiana's working out Michigan State's Draymond Green for a second time today, league sources tell Y! He's a candidate for Pacers at No. 26.
Sorry solarius
laugh.gif

I dont even.......I just dont get it man
tired.gif

Nets, Knicks, and Bobcats all looking to acquire a pick in the 20's. Grizz, heat, gsw(30) are available according to sam amico

Nets, Knicks, and Bobcats all looking to acquire a pick in the 20's. Grizz, heat, gsw(30) are available according to sam amico

Back
Top Bottom