Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Draymond Green to the Pacers would be
sick.gif

eek.gif
. Please don't let that be..
I think it would be a terrible pick mannn

Need-wise, I agree. But best talent available-wise = great pick for you guys.
I'm not denying the fact that he is a great player, but that doesnt address any of the issues that got us exposed in the playoffs smh.   I dont like the pick, especially considering that there are players available who do fill those needs

UConn G Jeremy Lamb on UConn C Andre Drummond's NBA potential: "It depends on if he wants to work."
I would be TERRIFIED of Durmmond, his teammate just low key threw him under the bus.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Fair warning, Animal Thug.. I might laugh at Cleveland if they take Barnes over MKG. That in no way means I hate Cleveland.. More that I'm high on MKG.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

1332266173_garbage_man_rage.gif
Spoiler [+]
!**@ IT IM READY FOR THE WORLD TO END!!1

Barnes will go before MKG, and MKG is my favorite player in this draft, and the clear cut 2nd best player IMO.

If the Bobcats trade down and select one of the two they are going Barnes all day because of the Jordan/UNC connection book it. They needa sell some tickets after the season that they just had, and word is that MJ is really high on Barnes.

If the Cavs do not trade up to get Beal I would still bank on them choosing Barnes over MKG because they seem to be looking for more of a shooter/pure scorer more than a defender which is emphasized by their interest in Beal over both of them. Barnes fits more closely to that mold and word is the Cavs love him and him and Kyrie are best friends. Cleveland will take Barnes as their fallback option to Beal before MKG.

The Wizards will use #3 on Bradley Beal but if the Cavs move up to snag him I also see them going with Barnes over MKG due to them needing a shooter, but I think they probably pass on both and select Thomas Robinson who is from DC and can take over at the 4 when their front court gets a little bit older. He would learn from them coming off the bench (kind of like he did with the Morris twins) with the hope that he will be even better when he takes over as a starter (like he was this season). This would allow Barnes to go to Charlotte at 4 in this scenario.

Unless an outsider team trades up I think the top 4 picks will be Davis, Robinson, Beal, and Barnes. With MKG going #5 unless the Kings (or the Rockets) do something they will eventually regret (especially since the Kings and the Rockets both need a SF and perimeter defenders)

On a lighter note;

Barnes isn't too far behind MKG in rankings, if anything - they're damn near neck and neck with scouts around the league, but really; who knows..

The clear difference, like GR8 said - is one has the jumper, more guard/forward game - and the other (MKG) has a more defensive mindstate who can grab boards and take care of all the dirty work. Funny thing is, both have a special relationship with Kyrie. MKG has played high school ball with Kyrie and Barnes played USA basketball prior to their current position - although I would say Barnes and Kyrie are more closer.

To be completely honest, I've said this all along - if we can leave this draft with Beal, Gilchrist, or Barnes - AND STILL KEEP THAT 24th, than I am a happy man. This draft is deep and if we can somehow manage to keep that 24th pick, or even trade up using a current player - it's a success.

So it's not more so that I don't like Barnes, but I would much rather see Kyrie and Beal or Kyrie and MKG, because of their intangibles.

But I won't be upset with Barnes.

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

I feel like I'm the only one that thinks Barnes>>>MKG especially for the cavs

I agree with you

I agree, but it depends on the team. For Cleveland, I do think Barnes is better. If you need offense, Barnes is the better option. If you're looking for a wing defender, MKG is the way to go. MKG is a good player, but I think he's 2-3 years away from developing a good offensive game. A team like Cleveland, where they only have one offensive threat needs another guy capable of scoring the ball on the perimeter. 

Can anyone tell me who MKG is going to score on in the NBA? He isn't the playmaker/passer that Iguodala was/is and isn't nearly the athlete, he can't dribble the ball and can't shoot worth a lick. I read somewhere that his best case is Iguodala and his worst case is Julian Wright. I would have to agree with the guy who said that. I hope the kid succeeds, I love his passion and think he'll be a great teammate.....but damn. You're taking Tony Allen's cousin top 4 in the draft. And it's like you can't say anything bad about him because he's a nice kid and plays hard....feels like dude is about to be the Tebow of the NBA.

Yeah, I went there.

You hear "glue guy" a lot when referring to MKG. 
This reminds me a little bit of the 2001 draft when Battier was considered a top prospect and was drafted #6. I don't remember anyone thinking Battier would be a star, but he would be a good player where ever he went. Coaches will love him and he will have a long career. Now, of course MKG's upside is higher and all that and overall have different games. But, the intangibles, physical tools, defense, etc. are all there. He will be a good player no matter where he ends up, but ir depends on if Cleveland is looking for star potential or a very good starter. But hey, most people don't think Barnes has star potential.

I really don't think the gap is that wide between the two players.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Can anyone tell me who MKG is going to score on in the NBA? He isn't the playmaker/passer that Iguodala was/is and isn't nearly the athlete, he can't dribble the ball and can't shoot worth a lick. I read somewhere that his best case is Iguodala and his worst case is Julian Wright. I would have to agree with the guy who said that. I hope the kid succeeds, I love his passion and think he'll be a great teammate.....but damn. You're taking Tony Allen's cousin top 4 in the draft. And it's like you can't say anything bad about him because he's a nice kid and plays hard....feels like dude is about to be the Tebow of the NBA.

Yeah, I went there.

He's a good ball handler, especially in transition and a good passer. Harrison Barnes desrves no consideration if MKG is available, none at all.

What on earth has Barnes proved, he can't handle the ball at all, he can't take the ball end to end and finish like Kidd Ghilcrst, he can't guard all 3 permiter positions. He can't get in the paint without being spoon fed the ball. His best attribute is the least efficient shot in basketball, (long to point jump shots.) and he can't pass or create for other AT ALL.

Beal I can forgive, becuase shooting is hard to come by in the NBA, but volume scorers are a dime a %@#%#@+ dozen and anyone who takes Barnes over MKG needs to find god.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Yeah, I went there.

He's a good ball handler, especially in transition and a good passer. Harrison Barnes desrves no consideration if MKG is available, none at all.

What on earth has Barnes proved, he can't handle the ball at all, he can't take the ball end to end and finish like Kidd Ghilcrst, he can't guard all 3 permiter positions. He can't get in the paint without being spoon fed the ball. His best attribute is the least efficient shot in basketball, (long to point jump shots.) and he can't pass or create for other AT ALL.

Beal I can forgive, becuase shooting is hard to come by in the NBA, but volume scorers are a dime a %@#%#@+ dozen and anyone who takes Barnes over MKG needs to find god.

What is MKG's potential as a player? How effective will he be in his rookie season? 

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Yeah, I went there.

What is MKG's potential as a player? How effective will he be in his rookie season? 
Iggy.

Maybe Shawn Marion.

^ don't expect anybody to give you much of an answer other than "he's going to bring great energy and change the culture of the entire organization and play lockdown defense"

Yeah, I went there.

I read his floor is G. Wallace.... Ceiling idk....

honestly i cant wait till to see how this turns out 2-3 years from now, with who comes out the better Player, Barnes or MKG

Granted MKG shooting is iffy but dude he makes up for it in everything else, While Barnes can shoot, but cant do what MKG does all around....

^ don't expect anybody to give you much of an answer other than "he's going to bring great energy and change the culture of the entire organization and play lockdown defense"
this sounds like Tyler Hansbrough lol
 and its also the only consistent thing I've heard about MKG

He can be a lockdown perimeter defender. He's got a great basketball IQ, great finishing ability, and he's a really good athlete. I'd definitely make the Iggy comparison. There's no chance in hell that he becomes Julian Wright, IMO.

Iggy.

Maybe Shawn Marion.

I just don't see him having Iggy's playmaking ability at all. 
I see more Shawn Marion/Gerald Wallace than anything, which is still very good.

Barnes has physical tools. MKG has physical tools.

Barnes has intangibles. MKG has intangibles.

Barnes has a shooting stroke and scoring instincts (includes midrange game,3 point shot). 

Barnes is a solid defender. MKG is a better defender. 

Barnes is very good in transition. MKG is very good in transition. 

I think its more so of people overrating MKG and underrating Barnes. MKG very well may end up being the better player, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Barnes ahead of him. Barnes also has good work ethic. He's also a high character guy and a good teammate. People are talking like this dude is Michael Beasley or something. At the end of the day, Barnes has something that would probably take MKG a while to develop if he can even do it. That's a good offensive game. I've seen Barnes do work in the post, 12-15 feet out, 3 point range, etc. You can say what you want, but that is very valuable in today's game especially a player his size. 

There are not many 6'8 players in the game that has that type of offensive game. His ball handling can improve and he can guard 2 positions. He probably can't take the ball from end to end, but he's pretty good at filling the lane on the break and finishing strong. I really could care less if Barnes needs to be spoon fed the ball. That's what the PG is there for. Playing with Irving will surely make him better and Cleveland doesn't need him to be a playmaker on the perimeter. Their playmaker is Kyrie. But, they do need another legit scoring option. 

Iggy.

Maybe Shawn Marion.

I just don't see him having Iggy's playmaking ability at all. 
I see more Shawn Marion/Gerald Wallace than anything, which is still very good.
He showed the play making skills in high school, played point gaurd for stretches, with the talent of Kentucky. they never really required that of him. Still put up a solid assist rate, totally think he could do that on the NBA level if asked.

Barnes has a shooting stroke and scoring instincts (includes midrange game,3 point shot). 

He can't get to the basket, if you can't get to the basket you don't have scoring instincts. Austin Rivers has scoring instincts, Dion Waiter has scoring instincts Harrison Barnes just takes a lot of shots.

Barnes is a solid defender. MKG is a better defender. 

MKG is an elite multi positional defender. Barnes is fine. BIG difference.

In a logical world MKG past 3, Thomas Robinson over him...sure thats fine, I get why the bobcats would do that but Harrison Barnes (who single best skill is shooting, but is a mediocre shooter) +!!# no.

he's not in my top 8 let alone top 3.

Back
Top Bottom