Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

And no one sure thought Quincy Miller was but you still hyped him to the end of the Earth...Waiters was the best player on the second best team in basketball, he can be a very good bench scorer in the league.

Yeah, and it's a top 10 pick n I want a little more than that, 6'10 SF's with super long arms have just a liiiiiitle more projection than undersized shooting guards.

Q Miller is a risk, but big upside, in the late lottery I prefer to take more risk.

The NBA can easily solve the problem

Put the lottery on TV. I heard stern say that they don't do that because it's a boring process. You can't get away with that in the Internet age.

Put that @!@% on the Internet for everyone to see. And people might stop saying its rigged. That backdoor @!@% isn't a good look for a league that has the reputation of being the most corrupt.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

^^ OR just show a replay highlight video of it.... It's not difficult and should be changed

if u replay it, ppl will still think its rigged because its not live.

Originally Posted by woody2626

Washington reportedly wanta to trade their pick. They tried to deal him to us for tyrus earlier. Id do blatche and the 3 for tyrus and one of our 1sts next yr. Then amnesty blatche

indifferent.gif

Have a seat.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Originally Posted by dreClark

Rigged? How?

I'm not going to say the conspiracy theory is factual... but its hard to argue it when
2012: New Orleans gets the number 1 overall pick as soon as someone finally buys the team and loses their best player via trade the year prior.

2011: Cleveland gets the #1 after their best player (arguably the biggest name player in the game) leaves the team in free agency the year prior (not to mention the #4 pick as well)

2010: Washington gets the #1 overall the same year their longtime owner passes away (10.3% chance)

2008: Chicago gets #1 overall with just a 1.7% chance... the same year the best player in NCAA basketball is a Chicago product and the city needed a marquee player

And these are just a few examples... but I'm just saying...
1985: NY Knicks. Had the corner of the card folded. 

Why can't we (Hornets) get Anthony Davis and Kendall Marshall.. That is alllll I ask for please... Please.. Or Kendall go to the Rockets.. Either way!

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

No matter who won it people would be saying it was a conspiracy theory though...

Really?
The Nets I can see people having a theory for. But what about the Wiz? Or the Cavs? What would have been the theories for teams like that?

I never really post but I had to get this off my chest let me know if Im crazy.

First was the Chris Paul deal that was nixed by the NBA sending Lamar Odom and others to the Hornets a NBA owned franchise which would have probably made the Hornets a modest playoff team
BUT too good to get a lottery pick that would entice a new owner so NBA nixes that deal takes a worse deal from the Clippers.. they then are the 3rd worst team in the NBA. A new owner comes in He automatically gets the All Star Game 2nd time in 6-7 years for a small market.. and then gets the #1 pick in the draft that he had a minimal chance in winning..

The NBA is rigged. this just makes it so blatant. Want a ASG and #1 Pick? Buy a NBA owned franchise.

man the blazers may be in the most turmoil...aldridge coming off big time surgery, tons of free agents...two first round picks + two second round picks --- No PG or C.

Ignoring any of the possible reasons or storylines for rigging a lottery, does anyone have an idea of how it's done?

Say it is rigged. Explain how it's done?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Ignoring any of the possible reasons or storylines for rigging a lottery, does anyone have an idea of how it's done?

Say it is rigged. Explain how it's done?

With no coverage of the actual Lottery ball process we have only the "word" of the NBA office that the process is done fairly. If It was done live there would be no question. The NBA refuses to cover the actual lottery. 

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

With no coverage of the actual Lottery ball process we have only the "word" of the NBA office that the process is done fairly. If It was done live there would be no question. The NBA refuses to cover the actual lottery. 
bhzmafia is right, team reps, outside auditors, and journalists are there to witness. We know the system they use with the ping pong balls, so how's it done?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Originally Posted by dreClark

Rigged? How?

I'm not going to say the conspiracy theory is factual... but its hard to argue it when
2012: New Orleans gets the number 1 overall pick as soon as someone finally buys the team and loses their best player via trade the year prior.

2011: Cleveland gets the #1 after their best player (arguably the biggest name player in the game) leaves the team in free agency the year prior (not to mention the #4 pick as well)

2010: Washington gets the #1 overall the same year their longtime owner passes away (10.3% chance)

2008: Chicago gets #1 overall with just a 1.7% chance... the same year the best player in NCAA basketball is a Chicago product and the city needed a marquee player

And these are just a few examples... but I'm just saying...
1985: NY Knicks. Had the corner of the card folded. 
2007: blazers/ sonics. only teams in the pacific nw... and both went 1 & 2. hmm..
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by woody2626

Washington reportedly wanta to trade their pick. They tried to deal him to us for tyrus earlier. Id do blatche and the 3 for tyrus and one of our 1sts next yr. Then amnesty blatche

indifferent.gif

Have a seat.

I posted FACTS. Washington is reportedly shopping their pick. They tried to trade Blatche for Tyrus last year. All i did was combine both and add a '13 lottery pick.

T. Robinson going home to play for the Wizards? 
nerd.gif

How ill would that be? or would it be a problem? 

Originally Posted by DubA169

The NBA can easily solve the problem

Put the lottery on TV. I heard stern say that they don't do that because it's a boring process. You can't get away with that in the Internet age.

Put that @!@% on the Internet for everyone to see. And people might stop saying its rigged. That backdoor @!@% isn't a good look for a league that has the reputation of being the most corrupt.
Well what's stopping them from putting magnets in the ping pong balls to get desired results or any other trick? It's my opinion that it's always been rigged, even when they were showing it.

If it goes alive again after all this time of it being backdoor and this increased rigged speculation there'll just be more talk of it being rigged when ppl see it live. They'll be no pleasing ppl who say it's rigged.
I'm not buying this one. I mean is that really the reason? You telling me if I put a slug in Dolan's head Knicks will get that @1 pick next season? To me I feel Stern and his cabal choose who they feel should get it for w/e reason. Maybe these owners are whoring out their family members but it's not always gonna be circumstantial. Sometimes Stern will pick and choose who gets the reward.

Originally Posted by MBen32

T. Robinson going home to play for the Wizards? 
nerd.gif

How ill would that be? or would it be a problem? 

pimp.gif
 But I don't see it happening. Sadly, I honestly don't know what would be the best for the Wizards to pick. I really only want someone along the lines of MKG or T Rob here. But with them just drafting Vesely I don't see them picking a PF... and MKG is an upgrade of Chris Singleton (whose game I really like defensively) but I'm not sure if that'll be the move.

But if the Wizards are shopping the pick, whatever team we trade with needs to take Blatche. period.

Behind the scenes at the draft lottery

The number to watch, it turns out, is the lowest one in the four-number sequence of ping-pong balls that determine which NBA team gets the top pick in the draft. The balls are drawn from one of those air-powered lottery machines more than an hour before the television broadcast of the lottery, in a room open only to officials from the 14 lottery teams (one from each) and a few media members. Everyone in the room must surrender mobile devices and slip them in yellow packing envelopes, and no one is allowed to leave until ESPN’s telecast is over.
There are elaborate rules to the process and contingency plans in case of a power outage or if multiple balls fly out of the machine at once — disaster scenarios that have never happened. (The plan in case of a power outage, by the way: A league official sticks all the balls inside a basketball with an opening cut into the top, and they draw from the makeshift Spalding.)

Each lottery team is assigned a batch of four-number sequences, of which there are 1,001 in total, all involving various combinations of the numbers “1″ through “14.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

So JAY-Z traded the top 3 protected first rounder for Gerald Wallace who opted out? I don't think he's taken an L this bad since Nas dropped ETHER 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Because Jay-Z is the Nets GM

Back
Top Bottom