Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

I honestly have no idea how the hell that stupid lottery system works. Four number system? I had no idea it was so complex.
laugh.gif

That Anthony Davis Hornets Hat picture looks so photoshopped... y'all serious? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Any chance New Orleans would want to do a swap involving Derrick Williams and Eric Gordon? (with other minor pieces involved)

A frontcourt for the next decade of Anthony Davis and Derrick Williams would look
smokin.gif
... I guess that's depending on what your opinion of Williams is though.

I really don't think Austin Rivers drops to #18.

Originally Posted by woody2626

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Washington reportedly wanta to trade their pick. They tried to deal him to us for tyrus earlier. Id do blatche and the 3 for tyrus and one of our 1sts next yr. Then amnesty blatche

indifferent.gif

Have a seat.

I posted FACTS. Washington is reportedly shopping their pick. They tried to trade Blatche for Tyrus last year. All i did was combine both and add a '13 lottery pick.
This would be a bad look for the Wiz. We would just be trading idiot big men with the Bobcats. They need to holla at Memphis or the Rockets for a better deal 

Originally Posted by y0uNgNdAnG3RoUs723

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

I'm not going to say the conspiracy theory is factual... but its hard to argue it when
2012: New Orleans gets the number 1 overall pick as soon as someone finally buys the team and loses their best player via trade the year prior.

2011: Cleveland gets the #1 after their best player (arguably the biggest name player in the game) leaves the team in free agency the year prior (not to mention the #4 pick as well)

2010: Washington gets the #1 overall the same year their longtime owner passes away (10.3% chance)

2008: Chicago gets #1 overall with just a 1.7% chance... the same year the best player in NCAA basketball is a Chicago product and the city needed a marquee player

And these are just a few examples... but I'm just saying...
1985: NY Knicks. Had the corner of the card folded. 
2007: blazers/ sonics. only teams in the pacific nw... and both went 1 & 2. hmm..
nerd.gif
The league didn't care about the teams in the NW though. The only plausible conspiracy is that the NBA hooked Clay Bennett up with the #2 pick because he needed a young superstar when they inevitably moved to OKC. I'm surprised OKC hasn't been awarded an All-Star Game yet, honestly.

Originally Posted by dakid23

Why not do the order like the NFL?

I never really understood why the NBA DOESN'T do it that way
nerd.gif
. Am i missing something, is there a reason why they can't just take the team with the absolute worst record and give them the 1st pick, then go from there

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by dakid23

Why not do the order like the NFL?

I never really understood why the NBA DOESN'T do it that way
nerd.gif
. Am i missing something, is there a reason why they can't just take the team with the absolute worst record and give them the 1st pick, then go from there

The tanking would be TOO obvious i guess...

Originally Posted by DubA169

The NBA can easily solve the problem

Put the lottery on TV. I heard stern say that they don't do that because it's a boring process. You can't get away with that in the Internet age.

Put that *##+ on the Internet for everyone to see. And people might stop saying its rigged. That backdoor *##+ isn't a good look for a league that has the reputation of being the most corrupt.

THIS

Originally Posted by quik1987

tSamShoX said:
So JAY-Z traded the top 3 protected first rounder for Gerald Wallace who opted out? I don't think he's taken an L this bad since Nas dropped ETHER 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Because Jay-Z is the Nets GM

laugh.gif
also THIS

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Washington reportedly wanta to trade their pick. They tried to deal him to us for tyrus earlier. Id do blatche and the 3 for tyrus and one of our 1sts next yr. Then amnesty blatche

indifferent.gif

Have a seat.

I posted FACTS. Washington is reportedly shopping their pick. They tried to trade Blatche for Tyrus last year. All i did was combine both and add a '13 lottery pick.
Michael Lee

^No, why is this even a question? 
laugh.gif

Everyone wants to be a wing, dude can't shoot or dribble nearly enough to even contemplate playing 3. He is a natural prototypical 2012 NBA 4. Period. Lock it in.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

laugh.gif

Everyone wants to be a wing, dude can't shoot or dribble nearly enough to even contemplate playing 3. He is a natural prototypical 2012 NBA 4. Period. Lock it in.

What about MKG....he can't shoot and how would you rate his dribbling? 

*edit*

I should have clarified my question a bit....can Thomas Robinson play SOME 3 in the NBA. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

What about MKG....he can't shoot and how would you rate his dribbling? 

*edit*

I should have clarified my question a bit....can Thomas Robinson play SOME 3 in the NBA. 
nope, none not at all, not even a little, it would be like sticking Blake, Amare Staudomire at the 3. He's PF only. 6-10, 260, can't shoot a lick, rebounds the crap out of the ball.

MKG's, a very good ball handler, and a good passer, could play PG in a pinch, people have compared him to scottie pippen, which if he could develop a jumpshot might not be too crazy. It's more likely he ends up as a Andre Iguadala type, elite defender, good passer, can't shoot.

The Wiz can't loose really, you get  pick and roll partner in T-Rob for wall, or you MKG, fills your hole at SF, and a guys who can immediately change the culture in washington.

MKG's, a very good ball handler, and a good passer, could play PG in a pinch, people have compared him to scottie pippen, which if he could develop a jumpshot might not be too crazy. It's more likely he ends up as a Andre Iguadala type, elite defender, good passer, can't shoot.
I think youre spot on about MKG. My thing is, im not spending a top 5 pick on a guy thats a defender essentially. I can go get an athletic defender, theyre a dime a dozen, but in the top 5, I want someone that impacts my team offensively right away

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

So who will be there at 4?

Assuming Davis goes to NO, Beal to Bobcats and Wiz take MKG
Beal could very easily not go top three.

QUIET AS KEPT, I wanted Beal this whole time
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Peep the avy..

Idk much about college basketball so I trust my fellow Clevelander, Beal all the way
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So where does that leave Vesley in Washington? I see more athlete than basketball player when I watch him play.

Originally Posted by PMatic

So where does that leave Vesley in Washington? I see more athlete than basketball player when I watch him play.
But he is a live body and energizer who has a positive "nasty/I don't care" streak on both ends of the floor that the roster needs badly.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Ignoring any of the possible reasons or storylines for rigging a lottery, does anyone have an idea of how it's done?

Say it is rigged. Explain how it's done?
When the Knicks won the lottery years ago & got Patrick Ewing, the conspiracy theory was the the paper that had the Knicks logo on was refrigerated so that when someone reached into the bowl, they could feel the cold paper amongst the "regular" ones.

The current conspiracy theories state the balls for the team the NBA wants to win the draft are painted so they're heavier (or the balls are heavier) & will pull easier into the vacuum suctioned tube.

This is what I've read over the years.

Mike & Mike had a writer from the Cleveland Plain Dealer who has witnessed the draft process the last several years (including this year) which is actually done before the televised portion under heavy security & said there is no way it's rigged.

I don't care. I'm glad NO got it but I'm not sure Davis is going to be the franchise player everyone thinks he'll be...

Back
Top Bottom