Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I never said that, but doesn't make sense to keep Okafor around anymore. For what? You have another big you can build around.

Okafor is a high character guy and from what I've heard a beast in the weight room. I would want him in my locker room just on the strength of showing Davis how to be a professional in practice, on and off the court and work hard in the gym.

If anything shop Kaman like they did all season. You can get a nice return from Kaman as well as he's one of the few big men that impact the game regularly.

If Kaman can get a nice return why the hell ain't he gone yet?
laugh.gif

Pretty sure he's a UFA so only thing you'll be getting from him is cap space.

You can bring in another vet that's much cheaper to be the mentor to Davis.

Would be interesting if Eric Gordon to fill the SG position in Cleveland but I've heard a lot of negative things about Gordon's personality off the court. Nobody needs or wants that. If they can get an indication if he's interested in playing with Kyrie it'd be a good look though from a professional stand point. Can't see how he wouldn't wanna stay in the NO with Davis as a prospect.

^ don't push your luck, the Cavs had a feel good season with the Rookie of the Year but free agents who are going to get close to the max from most teams aren't about to come there just yet. You're gonna have to build through the draft and some low budget free agent additions that perform better than expected for a couple more years until players around the league respect the organization again.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by WJuN15

brad beal is overrated as hell
id take lamb over beal all day. He actually has some iso moves and can dribble unlike Beal. In todays nba u need playmakers. im not sayin lambs the best but hes shown that he can take over games with the ball in his hands. Beal is NOT the next EGordon. Not nearly as athletic nor as quick. His face looks like EGordon's but thats about it.

Whats the difference between Beal and Martell Webster comin out? (Okay maybe its a stretch) but Beals game reminds me of Websters. Good shooter, occasional good dunks here and there, a little above average athleticism. 
laugh.gif

Lamb if anything, needs people to help him create shots.

Beal is not over rated.
And Beal doesn't?
Those straight line drives by Beal isn't impressive. 
laugh.gif

I think Beal is pretty good, but I think a lot of people are hyping him up just a little too much. And how is he not overrated? When I see Beal, I do not see a star. A good player? Yes. Guys like Davis, Trob, Lamb and maybe Drummond have star potential. MKG will be a very good player as well, but I don't he's the kinda guy that will be the face of a franchise. 

The thing most people rave about Beal is his shooting, but he didn't even shoot the ball that well in college. I just think his size and not having an incredible wingspan will hurt him. And when guys play him tight, how will he create off the dribble? I'm guessing he will be used more so as a spot up shooter his first few years in the league. I went through multiple seasons watching a 6'4 OJ struggle with his 6'6 wingspan against other SG's in the league. He looked great in some games, but I just think he was so limited due to his size and lack of explosiveness. I feel the same way about Beal.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

id take lamb over beal all day. He actually has some iso moves and can dribble unlike Beal. In todays nba u need playmakers. im not sayin lambs the best but hes shown that he can take over games with the ball in his hands. Beal is NOT the next EGordon. Not nearly as athletic nor as quick. His face looks like EGordon's but thats about it.

Whats the difference between Beal and Martell Webster comin out? (Okay maybe its a stretch) but Beals game reminds me of Websters. Good shooter, occasional good dunks here and there, a little above average athleticism. 
laugh.gif

Beal is not over rated.
And Beal doesn't?
laugh.gif

I think Beal is pretty good, but I think a lot of people are hyping him up just a little too much. And how is he not overrated? When I see Beal, I do not see a star. A good player? Yes. Guys like Davis, Trob, Lamb and maybe Drummond have star potential. MKG will be a very good player as well, but I don't he's the kinda guy that will be the face of a franchise. 

The thing most people rave about Beal is his shooting, but he didn't even shoot the ball that well in college. I just think his size and not having an incredible wingspan will hurt him. And when guys play him tight, how will he create off the dribble? I'm guessing he will be used more so as a spot up shooter his first few years in the league. I went through multiple seasons watching a 6'4 OJ struggle with his 6'6 wingspan against other SG's in the league. He looked great in some games, but I just think he was so limited due to his size and lack of explosiveness. I feel the same way about Beal.

what he said ^

Beal is a lot more explosive and just overall quicker with his movements than OJ. He had great rebounding numbers this year as a freshman which tells me that his size wasn't a problem. He also averaged 15 points a game as a freshman playing alongside two chucker point guards and some upperclassmen post players who wanted to get theirs as well. Don't let his shooting percentages fool you, he can shoot the hell out of the ball. You might think that a top 3 pick is steep for a guy that didn't set the world on fire his freshman year like a Durant or AD, but look around the league and there's a huge lack of quality SG's. Outside of Kobe, Wade, JJ, Gordon, Manu and Harden he could step in the league right away and be one of the best 2's around.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif

Beal is not over rated.
And Beal doesn't?
laugh.gif

Lol at lamb being a star.  he's a career backup spot up shooter.

beal did struggle with his shot for much of the year but really got it going late feb -march.  hes the ultimate team guy and deferred way too much to walker and boynton which probably had something to do with his confidence shooting the basketball.  You are right that his ball handling needs to improve and I believe it will.  He's only 18/19.

Don't Bet Against Kidd-Gilchrist

Go ahead. Bet against Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Call him offensively challenged. Dissect his shooting hitch. Wring your hands over his ballhandling.

Wonder aloud about the sanity of using the No. 2 pick on a player with his weaknesses.

The NBA draft is a game of labels, and Kidd-Gilchrist doesn't fit many of the ones NBA scouts and draft analysts love to use on top-tier picks. But be careful.

Ask anyone who knows anything about basketball what label should adorn Michael Kidd-Gilchrist as he prepares for the 2012 NBA draft and they all, to a man, say the same thing.

Winner.

"Michael is a flat-out winner," his head coach John Calipari said. "Not because he's one of the nation's best scorers but because of his intangibles, intensity and passion."

Kidd-Gilchrist won a high school state championship as a 15-year-old sophomore. As a 16-year-old, he took home a gold medal as part of Team USA in the FIBA Under-17 World Championships. As an 18-year-old freshman, he was the heart and soul of a Kentucky Wildcats team that won the national championship in April.

In a day and age when NBA scouts, GMs and stat geeks try to quantify everything -- are labels such as "winner" or "intangibles" worthy of the same lofty draft status we attach to "long," "upside" or "scoring machine"? -- we are about to find out.

Kidd-Gilchrist's numbers certainly won't wow you. Scorer won't work as a label. He averaged 11.9 ppg his freshman year. Neither will shooter. He shot 25 percent from 3. He's worn the defender label well the past few years, but he averaged just one block and one steal per game at Kentucky this year. Efficient? His college PER was middling at best.

Neither will Kidd-Gilchrist's vitals: He measured a little under 6-foot-7 with an above-average 6-11 wingspan. Neither will give him a major advantage at the next level. While he's a very good athlete, he's not exactly elite, either.

And neither will his comps aid his stock. Gerald Wallace. Shane Battier. Ron Artest without the drama. All very good NBA players. Not All-Stars. Not No. 2 picks in the draft.

Why would anyone take Kidd-Gilchrist with a high lottery pick when he doesn't check off the typical boxes we associate with elite draft picks?

"All of my scouts love him," one GM said. "Actually, 'love' isn't a strong enough word. Our coaches, when they watch him play, beg me to go get him. I've stood back for the past few months saying, 'What about his jump shot?' 'Can he create his own shot?' 'Is he big enough to thrive in the NBA?' I've given up. I love him now more than they do. He has the ability to dramatically affect a game with and without the ball in his hands. Whenever he steps on or off the court, everything changes. He's a winner. He's a leader. That motor he has, the toughness he has, the intensity that he has … those are NBA skills, too."

Winner. Leadership. Motor. Toughness. Intensity. They all pop when you see him on the court. He also is a terrific defender who can guard multiple positions. And while he struggled as a jump-shooter, he was a very effective scorer in transition and cutting to the basket. Scouts who love him also point out that he's the youngest player in the draft. Oh, and a few old-timers say that MKG's best pro comparison may be another versatile forward named Scottie Pippen. But that's not why a team will use a high draft pick on Kidd-Gilchrist.

In all my years of covering the draft, I've never scouted a player quite like him. There's an "X factor" about him that you just have to experience.

The X factor apparently translates into workouts. Kidd-Gilchrist roared through a workout in Cleveland on Friday. The toughness and intensity were all there. So was that hitchy jump shot. But on Friday, at least it was going in. Kidd-Gilchrist shot about 85 percent from the field in the shooting drills. He's also doing a lot of work on his ball handling.

Shooting well in a workout doesn't mean you can shoot in a game. No NBA scout will be fooled by a good shooting day in a workout, especially with MKG's unorthodox shooting form. It's the effort that goes into fixing his jump shot that will impress them.

Trainer Jerry Powell, breathing heavily from the workout, sat down on the court afterward and summed it up. "With most of my clients, my job is to push them. I think Gillie pushes me. He brings it seven days a week. He brings it to every drill. Every part of the workout. He only has one speed and it's 'Go.'"

Kidd-Gilchrist's legendary work ethic is part of the reason NBA teams are less concerned with some of the weaknesses in his game.

"He clearly needs to improve as a shooter, and he needs to tighten his handle," one NBA scout told ESPN.com. "But I've never been more confident that he'll improve those things than I am with Kidd-Gilchrist. To me, he was the most improved player in college basketball last year. He made major strides from what I saw in high school. He's so committed to his game, he's going to put the sweat equity into it. I totally believe that, and it's why I'm comfortable saying he's worthy of the second pick in the draft and that he's going to be an All-Star someday. And more important to him, I think, he's going to win a championship some day."

Right now, the next championship seems miles away.

Kidd-Gilchrist is miffed by most of the draft process. He told me he was shocked when we put him at No. 3 on our Big Board in late June. He asked me Friday whether he was really going to be the second pick in the draft. Workouts like this are a bit foreign to him.

He's anxious to get back to doing what he loves -- playing basketball. Like most top prospects, he's being held out of 5-on-5 pickup games to keep him injury-free during the process. It's the longest basketball drought he's ever experienced, and it's driving him crazy.

"I miss it," he says. "I just love to play. Basketball is my life. The training is good and I feel like it's helping me. But I'm itching to play a game."

He's also anxious about who will draft him. Unlike players who care about market size, endorsements, the weather or proximity to family or friends, Kidd-Gilchrist has just one concern.

Winning.

"I know I don't want to go to a team that's going to lose," Kidd-Gilchrist said. "I don't care about that other stuff. I just want to win. I've won my whole life. That's what fuels me. Drives me. I can't imagine what it feels like to lose all those games."

He's about to find out. The Bobcats, one of the worst teams in NBA history, own the second pick and are interested. It would be a tough fit. While Kidd-Gilchrist is an elite player, he's not the type of guy who carries a team on his shoulders by himself. With a dearth of talent on the roster, it's going to be a pretty slow road back to the playoffs.

The Wizards are in a much better position and would likely benefit from the leadership and toughness he brings to the table. Playing with John Wall and Nene should make them dangerous.

But if there's a team that fits Kidd-Gilchrist's game, it's the Cavs. With Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson, Anderson Varejao, the 24th pick, two picks in the early second round and cap space, they are a team on the rise. It also doesn't hurt that Irving, Kidd-Gilchrist's former teammate in high school, is a close friend.

For the Cavs to get their hands on him one of two scenarios will have to happen. The first is that the Bobcats opt to go with a power forward and take Thomas Robinson, and then the Wizards decide to grab Bradley Beal instead of Kidd-Gilchrist. That's possible, though the odds are stacked against it.

The other scenario is for the Cavs to package the No. 4 pick and either their 24th pick or their two seconds to move up two spots to get Kidd-Gilchrist. For a team like the Bobcats that need lots of assets, it might be worth it.

For Kidd-Gilchrist, it would be a chance to win some basketball games and maybe, just maybe, turn owner Dan Gilbert into a prophet.

Two summers ago, Gilbert, in a rant after losing LeBron James to the Miami Heat, proclaimed in an email to season-ticket holders: "I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA championship before the self-titled former 'King' wins one."

Other than Anthony Davis, the only player in this draft who could plausibly make that happen is Kidd-Gilchrist.

So call him offensively challenged. Dissect his hitch. Wring your hands over his ballhandling.

Me? I'm not betting against Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Kidd-Gilchrist was in Cleveland earlier today privately working-out with his agent Rich Paul, who's also Tristian Thompson's agent as well.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Beal is a lot more explosive and just overall quicker with his movements than OJ. He had great rebounding numbers this year as a freshman which tells me that his size wasn't a problem. He also averaged 15 points a game as a freshman playing alongside two chucker point guards and some upperclassmen post players who wanted to get theirs as well. Don't let his shooting percentages fool you, he can shoot the hell out of the ball. You might think that a top 3 pick is steep for a guy that didn't set the world on fire his freshman year like a Durant or AD, but look around the league and there's a huge lack of quality SG's. Outside of Kobe, Wade, JJ, Gordon, Manu and Harden he could step in the league right away and be one of the best 2's around.

Please stop 
laugh.gif

Beal is a great prospect but you just said he could be the 7th best SG in the league out the gate. 
30t6p3b.gif
  And you threw my main man Juice under the bus too. 
indifferent.gif

Did I say that he'd be the first guy behind that group? No. I just said outside of those guys he could be one of the best in the league right away. That's my opinion. I forgot to add Monta to that list too. Outside of that group there's barely even anybody notable. The only other ones that you could name are pretty much PGs or SFs playing out of position. And OJ is my dude, I didn't throw him under the bus in any way. I think the Grizzlies severely hurt his development into the player he could have became. His confidence just isn't right there. I really wish that trade to the Pacers would have went down. I'd even love to have him start at SG on my Sixers alongside Jrue and Iggy if we can't get someone like Eric Gordon. Being on a team like the Sixers that really needs his scoring and would tell him to put up the ball more than almost everybody on the team I think would ignite his confidence again.

IMO, taking a SG in the top-5 of the draft in today's NBA is a HUGE mistake. I liken it to drafting a RB in the top-5 in the NFL. Pretty much, value can be found elsewhere. I like Beal, but I'm praying the Wizards pass on him. Like I said before, it's got to be MKG or Robinson for them. They have PLENTY of cap space to make a run at a SG in FA, target one through a trade, or even buy a pick later on in the draft to take one at the end of round 1.

i looked at Beal coming out of high school and didn't really see it at first and thought Austin Rivers was way better but now i may be looking at it like

BradleyBeal > austin rivers as of right now readiness but rivers potential tho
obamahmmw.png

Originally Posted by dreClark

I guess Moe Harkless made the right decision in declaring for the draft, eh?

Who woulda thunk it

I think everyone expected him to be a first round pick - but late.  Never thought he'd end up talked about going in the lottery.  Crazy. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

IMO, taking a SG in the top-5 of the draft in today's NBA is a HUGE mistake. I liken it to drafting a RB in the top-5 in the NFL. Pretty much, value can be found elsewhere. I like Beal, but I'm praying the Wizards pass on him. Like I said before, it's got to be MKG or Robinson for them. They have PLENTY of cap space to make a run at a SG in FA, target one through a trade, or even buy a pick later on in the draft to take one at the end of round 1.
Completely disagree...I think your just saying that because the position is easily the weakest in the league right now.  If your good, your good, position does not matter so much.  If the Wiz think Beal can be an elite 2-guard you take him.  But I agree with you in that I think Beal is being slightly overrated right now as well.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Completely disagree...I think your just saying that because the position is easily the weakest in the league right now.  If your good, your good, position does not matter so much.  If the Wiz think Beal can be an elite 2-guard you take him.  But I agree with you in that I think Beal is being slightly overrated right now as well.

IMO, if you're taking a SG in today's NBA in the top-5, that means you have the hopes that he's going to become one of the two best players in the league at the position.  I like Beal and think he's a good player....but taking him there is a major reach.  Good value at SG can be found elsewhere. 

Since putting up Mock Draft 5.0 minutes after the draft lottery order was announced, we've gotten six days of feedback from NBA teams. That means it's time for Mock Draft 6.0.

Things will continue to be really fluid for the next few weeks, especially with GMs and scouts in Chicago for the 2012 NBA Draft Combine; while the prospects' play on the court won't drastically affect their draft status, physical and athletic measurements, along with interviews and medical tests will. In other words, expect even more changes when we get to Mock 7.0 next week.

But for now, here's our best stab, after talking to numerous NBA team sources, about how the draft might play out on June 28.

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th][th=""]TEAM[/th][th=""]PLAYER[/th][th=""]VITALS[/th][/tr][tr][td]
1.gif
[/td][td]
nor.gif

New Orleans
[/td][td]
sn_i_davisa_65.jpg

Anthony Davis
[/td][td]Position: PF
Height: 6-foot-10
Weight: 220 pounds
School: Kentucky[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: Davis is the no-brainer choice for the Hornets at No. 1. The big question now is how quickly the Hornets can become a playoff contender. Once they add Davis' salary (around $5 million in Year 1) and the No. 10 pick (around $2.25 million), plus presumably re-sign Eric Gordon, they won't have much cash left to spend. But they have enough assets to add depth all around.

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th][th=""]TEAM[/th][th=""]PLAYER[/th][th=""]VITALS[/th][/tr][tr][td]
2.gif
[/td][td]
cha.gif

Charlotte
[/td][td]
ncb_u_gilchrist_gb1_65.jpg

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
[/td][td]Position: SF
Height: 6-foot-7
Weight: 210 pounds
Analysis: There are three schools of thought here. One is the Bobcats go with Kidd-Gilchrist even though he's not really a player you build a team around. But his toughness and desire to win are contagious. He could bring a new spirit to the downtrodden Bobcats.

The second option is they could go with a big like Thomas Robinson or Andre Drummond. Robinson would add toughness, too, but perhaps with less upside. Drummond isn't very tough, but his upside is tremendous. The third idea is for the Bobcats to entertain moving down a few spots to pick up additional assets. With no real game-changers at No. 2 -- it might be the smartest move of all.

3.gif
[/td][td]
was.gif

Washington
[/td][td]
19658.jpg

Bradley Beal
[/td][td]Position: SG
Height: 6-foot-5
Weight: 195 pounds
School: Florida[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Wizards are happy at No. 3 and I think it will come down to Kidd-Gilchrist or Bradley Beal. In this mock, MKG is off the board, so the choice is much easier. Beal would be a great get for the Wizards. The team could really use a dominant 2-guard to pair with John Wall. If the Bobcats take Beal, then landing Kidd-Gilchrist would add the toughness the team desperately lacks.

4.gif
[/td][td]
cle.gif

Cleveland
[/td][td]
19461.jpg

Harrison Barnes
Height: 6-foot-8
School: North Carolina[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: Thomas Robinson may be the best player left on the board, but he's not a great fit with Tristan Thompson. If both MKG and Beal are off the board, the choice will be between Harrison Barnes and Andre Drummond. Both fit needs and Drummond has crazy upside, but the Cavs loved Barnes at the No. 4 pick last year before he decided to go back to school. I think they'll roll the dice on him again this year. Watch out for Jeremy Lamb here as well. I hear he's the wild card at No. 4.

5.gif
[/td][td]
sac.gif

Sacramento
[/td][td]
ncb_u_robinson_gb1_65.jpg

Thomas Robinson
Height: 6-foot-9
Weight: 237 pounds
School: Kansas[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Kings, if they keep the pick, will likely try to add some athleticism, size and toughness to their front line. Drummond is bigger and is an elite athlete, but Robinson is also an explosive athlete and actually produced in college. More importantly, Robinson is a winner. He could help Sacramento turn around the team's culture. The dark horse at No. 5? I'm hearing it could be UNC's John Henson.

6.gif
[/td][td]
por.gif

Portland (via Nets)
[/td][td]
19721.jpg

Andre Drummond
[/td][td]Position: C
Height: 6-foot-11
Weight: 275 pounds
School: UConn[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: This could be a scary pick for Portland. At some point Drummond's rewards start to outweigh his risks. The Blazers need size and Drummond has the potential to be a dominant big man if he ever improves his motor. If not Drummond, I think the Trail Blazers have to start looking at players such as Damian Lillard or Dion Waiters. Maybe they can package picks Nos. 6 and 11 and move up to get a player such as Brad Beal.

7.gif
[/td][td]
gsw.gif

Golden State
[/td][td]
19555.jpg

Terrence Jones
Weight: 244 pounds
Analysis: There was a month or two during his freshman season when scouts debated whether Jones was a potential No. 1 pick in the draft. That talk has faded, but it's clear that he has enormous potential in a very unique mold. If the Warriors could get him to play hard all the time, he could be the answer for them at the 4.

8.gif
[/td][td]
tor.gif

Toronto
[/td][td]
19577.jpg

Dion Waiters
Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 215 pounds
School: Syracuse[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Raptors are filled with a roster of mostly soft jump shooters. What they really need is a tough player who can get to the basket and get his own shot at the end of games. They need a true scorer. DeMar DeRozan might get there someday, but Dion Waiters is there right now. The fact that Waiters can also play some point guard is a bonus. Damian Lillard and Jeremy Lamb are also possibilities at No. 8.

9.gif
[/td][td]
det.gif

Detroit
[/td][td]
19381.jpg

John Henson
Height: 6-foot-10
Analysis: Greg Monroe has been a revelation in the middle for the Pistons, but they really need to pair him alongside an athletic shot-blocker. Although Henson is painfully thin, he rebounds, blocks shots and defends multiple positions. It wouldn't be a perfect solution in Detroit, but the Pistons don't have a lot of other options here.

10.gif
[/td][td]
nor.gif

New Orleans
(via Wolves)
[/td][td]
ncb_u_sullinger_65.jpg

Jared Sullinger
Weight: 280 pounds
School: Ohio State[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: We've been assuming the Hornets would try to fill their hole at point guard here with a player like Damian Lillard or Kendall Marshall, and they might, but the last few days the buzz has been around Sullinger here. I could see why the Hornets would think pairing Davis and Sullinger would be ideal. They complement each other.

11.gif
[/td][td]
por.gif

Portland
[/td][td]
19747.jpg

Damian Lillard
[/td][td]Position: PG
Height: 6-foot-2
Weight: 185 pounds
School: Weber State[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: If the Blazers get Drummond at No. 6, their other big need is at the point. If Lillard is here, I think he'd be tough to pass on. Although he's not a pure point guard, he does so many things well and should be able to contribute right away. Jeremy Lamb is also a very viable option here.

12.gif
[/td][td]
mil.gif

Milwaukee
[/td][td]
19543.jpg

Perry Jones III
Weight: 235 pounds
School: Baylor[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Bucks gambled a few years ago on Brandon Jennings and it paid off big-time. At this point in the draft, Jones is less risk and more reward. The Bucks really need him to play some 4 ... not the 3 like he wants. But if he gets to play the way Ersan Ilyasova did (I expect the Bucks will lose Ilyasova via free agency) as a pick-and-pop 4, he should be happy.

13.gif
[/td][td]
pho.gif

Phoenix
[/td][td]
19660.jpg

Jeremy Lamb
Weight: 185 pounds
School: UConn[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: I think the Suns would be thrilled if Lamb lasted this long on the board. He could go as high as No. 4 overall and I think this would be his floor. There's star potential there for Lamb if he ever revs up his motor.

14.gif
[/td][td]
hou.gif

Houston
[/td][td]
ncb_u_zeller_sy_65.jpg

Tyler Zeller
Height: 7-foot
Analysis: The Rockets' biggest need is in the middle and Zeller should be a solid option. Scouts don't think Zeller is going to be an All-Star someday, but he's big, he runs the floor very well and he has a great touch around the basket. Zeller should ultimately land somewhere between picks 8 and 14.

15.gif
[/td][td]
phi.gif

Philadelphia
[/td][td]
19640.jpg

Terrence Ross
Height: 6-foot-6
Weight: 190 pounds
School: Washington[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Sixers might have a tough choice here between Ross and Moultrie. The team needs size, but they also need shooting. Ross has very good size for his position and would give the Sixers a starting caliber sniper, which they've long lacked.

16.gif
[/td][td]
hou.gif

Houston (via Knicks)
[/td][td]
19464.jpg

Arnett Moultrie
Weight: 225 pounds
School: Mississippi State[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Rockets need size and Moultrie might be a great fit. He's long and athletic, he rebounds and he can stretch the floor with his jumper. Moultrie could be one of the real sleepers in the draft.

17.gif
[/td][td]
dal.gif

Dallas
[/td][td]
19572.jpg

Kendall Marshall
Weight: 188 pounds
Analysis: With Jason Kidd 39 and a free agent and Rodrigue Beaubois more of a combo guard, Marshall would bring much of what Kidd brings to the table -- incredible court vision and size -- right away. He's not a great athlete or a great shooter, but he could keep Dirk and company happy.

18.gif
[/td][td]
min.gif

Wolves (via Jazz)
[/td][td]
19653.jpg

Austin Rivers
Weight: 199 pounds
School: Duke[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Wolves' biggest need is at the 2 and Rivers could be a great get here. He can really shoot the basketball and has a killer crossover. He's going to have to get comfortable playing off the ball, but playing with Ricky Rubio could really help his game.

19.gif
[/td][td]
orl.gif

Orlando
[/td][td]
19727.jpg

Meyers Leonard
Weight: 240 pounds
School: Illinois[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Magic are in serious danger of losing Dwight Howard in the next year. Leonard is a far cry from Howard, but he's big, he's athletic and he has shown some raw promise, especially on the defensive end.

20.gif
[/td][td]
den.gif

Denver
[/td][td]
19655.jpg

Marquis Teague
Height: 6-foot-2
Weight: 178 pounds
Analysis: Andre Miller is heading into free agency this year and the Nuggets really lack depth at the point guard position. Had Teague stayed another year at Kentucky, he might have been a Top 10 pick. He's a value get here.

21.gif
[/td][td]
bos.gif

Boston
[/td][td]
19780.jpg

Moe Harkless
Weight: 190 pounds
School: St. John's[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: A lot of teams see similarities between Harkless and Trevor Ariza. He's widely considered one of the top upside players left in the draft and, for a team that's starting to rebuild from the ground up, the Celtics need a few guys like that.

22.gif
[/td][td]
bos.gif

Boston (via Clippers)
[/td][td]
19486.jpg

Andrew Nicholson
Weight: 222 pounds
School: St. Bonaventure[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: Nicholson is another draft sleeper who may really rise with workouts. He's a big stretch 4 who has drawn some comparisons to David West. He would be another welcome addition to the Celtics' summer makeover.

23.gif
[/td][td]
atl.gif

Atlanta
[/td][td]
19694.jpg

Tony Wroten Jr.
Weight: 205 pounds
School: Washington[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Hawks have been cursed at the point guard position ever since they decided to pass on Chris Paul to draft Marvin Williams. Wroten is no Paul, but he may have the most raw talent of any point guard in the draft. He's big, he's athletic and he can get to the basket. If his shot wasn't broken, and if he had a better rep as a teammate, he'd be a top-10 pick.

24.gif
[/td][td]
cle.gif

Cavs (via Lakers)
[/td][td]
19563.jpg

Fab Melo
Weight: 274 pounds
School: Syracuse[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Cavs could really use more help at the 5. Anderson Varejao is around for a few more years but after that the cupboard is bare. Melo might need a few years anyway before he's ready to be a serious contributor at the next level.

25.gif
[/td][td]
mem.gif

Memphis
[/td][td]
19672.jpg

Evan Fournier
Weight: 206 pounds
School: France[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: I'm hearing the Grizzlies are looking to stash a player over in Europe this year. Fournier, a scoring wing from France, is the best European prospect on the board.

26.gif
[/td][td]
ind.gif

Indiana

[/td][td]
19652.jpg

Quincy Miller
School: Baylor[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: By virtually every account, Miller was a top-10 pick coming into his freshman season and would've been top 10 on most draft boards in 2013. But scouts aren't very high on him right now, and I wonder how differently they would feel had his knee been 100 percent this season. This is a steal for the Pacers if he slides this low.

27.gif
[/td][td]
mia.gif

Miami
[/td][td]
ncb_u_green_65.jpg

Draymond Green
Height: 6-foot-6
School: Michigan State[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Heat need players with experience who excel in bringing out the best in their teammates. Green can be a point-forward type who does a little of everything. Think of him as a better-passing Udonis Haslem.

28.gif
[/td][td]
okc.gif

Oklahoma City
[/td][td]
19445.jpg

Jeff Taylor
Weight: 225 pounds
School: Vanderbilt[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: An elite athlete, Taylor can be a lockdown defender and has range on his jumper. He's probably undervalued at this point, but that happens to seniors. The Thunder will capitalize.

29.gif
[/td][td]
chi.gif

Chicago
[/td][td]
19629.jpg

John Jenkins
Weight: 215 pounds
School: Vanderbilt[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Bulls need a shooter and Jenkins has one of the best strokes in the draft. His super-quick release and ability to finish at the basket make him an interesting prospect here.

30.gif
[/td][td]
gsw.gif

Golden State
(via Spurs)
[/td][td]
19456.jpg

Royce White
Weight: 240 pounds
School: Iowa State[/td][/tr][/table]
Analysis: White, on talent alone, is a top-10 pick. But he's slipping a bit as teams worry that his anxiety disorder could disrupt his development. At pick No. 30, he's worth the risk.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Kidd-Gilchrist was in Cleveland earlier today privately working-out with his agent Rich Paul, who's also Tristian Thompson's agent as well.

I though MKG is setting up homebase in Cleveland cuz his AAU coach is out there or something

Back
Top Bottom