Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Who in the hell would allow Taylor and White to fall all the way to 28 and 30.
Man, everyone normally hates on the draft because there aren't eight obvious superstars - every year people are talking about how weak the draft is (which is hilarious honestly) - but this draft is STUPID deep. A lot of gambles but there's a ton of high reward players in the late first round. Royce White probably won't fall to 30 but that says a lot about the draft. Marshall at 17. Rivers at 18. Wroten at 22. Fab Melo at 23. Evan Fournier at 24. Q Miller at 25. White at 30. Straight robberies. All these dudes could be VERY legit players. Or they could bust - but getting that value that late in the draft is crazy. 

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I never said that, but doesn't make sense to keep Okafor around anymore. For what? You have another big you can build around.

The Hornets are better off to unload his ugly contract, get some more scorers and play-makers on that team, and just start rebuilding.

If there were a more cohesive team around those two, they may be able to get away with Okafor and Davis.

But with your starting five being Jack, hopefully Gordon, and Trevor Ariza, you need some scoring from SOMEWHERE other than Gordon. You love what Okafor brings on defense, but you got a younger, more promising big you can build around.
Knowing Monty they wont unload Oak until Davis comes along so maybe until the trade deadline? Also if they do decide to keep him they could always unload him the following year as a expiring.

Depending on how Aminu develops over the summer could indicate how much longer Ariza is on the team. He came on pretty well really late in the season also with Henry and Smith.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I'd LOVE to see Kendall Marshall to the Hornets at #10. Marshall-EG-Ariza-Okafor-AD would be a solid up and coming team.
Wasnt Jarrett Jack and Grevis Vasquez the only bright spots that team had last year?
Smith came on as well as Aminu and Henry. Injuries is what killed them and not being able to get it together consistently. With a summer of off season training with Monty they should be in a pretty good position. The only thing that really killed us was a need for scoring off the bench at any given time. Belli was good but wasn't consistent.

im positive cavs are gonna trade up get mkg, gilchrist and kyrie played at st pats together, I remember they used to go ham on us at open auu gyms it was horrible

a great sleeper is Kris Joseph, great all-around player and very skilled for his size

Originally Posted by jbc908

im positive cavs are gonna trade up get mkg, gilchrist and kyrie played at st pats together, I remember they used to go ham on us at open auu gyms it was horrible

id be SHOCKED if they did that. Kyrie needs a running mate, a guy that can knock down shots off of KI's  ability to make plays.......that guy is Harrison Barnes

Originally Posted by manamazing55

id be SHOCKED if they did that. Kyrie needs a running mate, a guy that can knock down shots off of KI's  ability to make plays.......that guy is Harrison Barnes
HUGE Harry fan.... but that guy is Jeremy Lamb

I liked it better when you stayed out of S & T

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

HUGE Harry fan.... but that guy is Jeremy Lamb

1. MKG

2. Beal

3. Barnes

We'll see soon.

Was talked about on another Cavs forum; rumor that the Cavs GM will pretty much do anything he can to bring MKG to cleveland.

If the Cavs got MKG they would still need a good shooter at the guard spot badly. Maybe they could try and swing a trade for Mayo or somebody.

Brilliant move by him letting everyone know that. Will really help the Cavs leverage in a trade. Was that the same logic he and Ferry used when creating super teams over the past decade?

Originally Posted by JPZx

Brilliant move by him letting everyone know that. Will really help the Cavs leverage in a trade. Was that the same logic he and Ferry used when creating super teams over the past decade?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I liked it better when you stayed out of S & T

Cant believe he showed up after i posted his pic in CBB

dx posted best case worst case 
Anthony Davis: Blake Griffin meets Tyson Chandler/Taj Gibson
Brad Beal: Eric Gordon/Gary Neal
MKG: Andre Iguodala/Gerald Wallace
Harrison Barnes: Luol Deng/6-8 Arron Afflalo
Thomas Robinson: Al Horford/Reggie Evans
Jared Sullinger: Luis Scola/Glen Davis
Andre Drummond: Serge Ibaka/DeAndre Jordan
Jeremy Lamb: Kevin Martin/Rashad McCants
Damian Lillard: George Hill/Ronnie Price
Dion Waiters: Rodney Stuckey/Smush Parker
Terrence Jones: Al Harrington/Marvin Williams
Terrence Ross: Jason Richardson/Jeremy Richardson
Kendall Marshall: Andre Miller/Jose Calderon
Moe Harkless: Trevor Ariza/Devin Ebanks
Austin Rivers: O.J. Mayo/Jerryd Bayless
PJ3: Rudy Gay meets Josh Smith/Yi Jianlian

Andre Drummond: Serge Ibaka/DeAndre Jordan
Dion Waiters: Rodney Stuckey/Smush Parker

I don't like these 2 best cases. Other than that I think they're pretty much right or close to being right.

Back
Top Bottom