Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

If I'm the Bobcats I say %!%+ it and pick Drummond. That front line with him and Biyombo would have potential to be NASTY. Atleast they could gun for one part of their team to possibly turn into elite if the two of them grow the way they have the potential to. Teams would have a hard time getting to the rack on those two. I don't think Beal, T-Rob or MKG would help them as much as Drummond possibly can. He's the only other guy in the draft besides AD that has potential to be a franchise player IMO.

If Cleveland went with Beal, Barnes, or MKG, I think you're happy and they'll be a good piece to add with Kyrie.

I just like Drummond's upside a lot more and would take the risk on pairing a center with a really promising young PG.

pimp.gif
Barnes is gonna be that dude

LeBron, Luol, Chris Paul, Kendrick Perkins, Trevor Ariza, Aaron Brooks, Ronnie Brewer, Brandon Bass... Have all started at some point for an NBA playoff team... Hell besides brewer who I'm not sure of his Utah days have all started and produced in the playoffs. That's still leaves Kris Humphries who currently starts and was slanging D to Kim Kardashian which is an entirely different level of success all together.And I haven't even mentioned Dorrell Wright, Charlle Villanueva, & Travis Outlaw who also start in the league.Then there was Leon Powe who was a BEAST before tearing his ACLSo thats 12 players from that class in the League currently starting, minus Brooks bc he went to China but he would've been starting had he stayed, who were all members of that 03 class ... And yet Buc Em said that class was trash
laugh.gif

Yea I forgot Shannon but I was specifically mentioning boys in the League still which is why I left Ebi off... But I forgot Von as well.

14 players in the league 8yrs later, that's an entire team worth of players from one draft class that doesn't sound like a weak class to me. Of which you could honestly put them on the same team and have a legit title contender with just the players from that class. That's how crazy it was.

Which is exactly why I just said "Ok" and carried on. Dude continually makes asinine statements on here I don't know why I even entertained it.

Drummond with Kyrie could be a nice fit. I wanted to see him paired with Davis, but Drummond could do work with him. I'd rather take a risk on him than draft HB or Beal if I were them. Add Doron Lamb with that 2nd 1st rounder.

Congrats, it was Bron, CP3 and some role players from a group of All Americans. Let's compare that with the class just one year after that....Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, Rudy Gay, Al Jefferson, Marvin Williams, Glen Davis, Lamarcus Aldridge, Rondo, Dorrell Wright, JR Smith, Aaron Afflalo, Kyle Lowry, Corey Brewer, Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Anthony Morrow, Daniel Gibson, Sebastian Telfair, Jordan Farmar, Shawne Williams, Sean Livingston, DJ White, Toney Douglas and AJ Price. Omgzzzz that's 24 people (some of which you thought were in 03) you can put together like two NBA rosters with those guys alone lolzzzzz.

Aight?

That has nothing to do with you saying the 03 class was some #$%@ compared to HB's now does it?

Don't try to spin it... If anything you proved the AAU comp Lu was playing against was far superior to that of HB's because he was playing against those guys too
laugh.gif

That wasnt your argument though. Don't try to spin it like you were just speaking on the '10 class compared to the 03 and if you were in stand firm in my stance that you're wrong. All i did was show that you stating his class was garbage was an untruth.

But back to your original arguement, you stated that the class was trash, which it wasnt, and that his AAU competition was weak compared to what HB played against, which is also false and you helped proved that. While the 04 class was definitely deeper, I'll give you that, Luol was playing against better competition considering that he played against that group as well on the circuit as well as Melo & Stats class above him.

Furthermore I named 1 player that was in the 04 class, Dorrell Wright, and that's on Scout not me considering that's where the data came from.

Now we're combining high school classes to say that Deng was facing way harder AAU competition because in the 7-8 years since then there's still a huge amount of those guys in the league contributing on teams therefore there's no possible way that Barnes could even fathom to be a better player coming out of high school then Deng even though when they got to college they both had nearly identical numbers for Duke and UNC. That's you and DaComeUp's statement, right?

2005 - Bynum, Monta, Lou Williams, Gerald Green, Hansbrough, Wilson Chandler, Martell Webster, Chalmers, Darren Collison, Josh McRoberts, Andray Blatche, Julian Wright, Brandon Rush, Amir Johnson, Danny Green, Jon Brockman, Sam Young, Jeremy Pargo, Terrence Williams, Derrick Brown and Alonzo Gee..........OMGzzzzz another all-time great class, 21 players still contributing for NBA teams.

2006 - Durant, Greg Oden, Thad Young, Ty Lawson, Chase Budinger, Brandan Wright, Spencer Hawes, Brook Lopez, Gerald Henderson, Daequan Cook, Darrell Arthur, Damian James, Mike Conley, Earl Clark, Taj Gibson, Jodie Meeks, Greivis Vasquez, DJ Augistin, Quincy Pondexter, Dexter Pittman, Robin Lopez and Wayne Ellington......22 players contributing to NBA teams omgggg GOAT.

2007 - Derrick Rose, Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, Beasley, Kevin Love, OJ Mayo, DeAndre Jordan, James Harden, JJ Hickson, Donte Greene, Bill Walker, Jerryd Bayless, Patrick Patterson, Kosta Koufas, Chandler Parsons, Johnny Flynn, Austin Daye, Cole Aldrich, James Anderson, Nolan Smith, JaJuan Johnson, Jeff Teague, DaJuan Blair, James Johnson, Evan Turner and Anthony Randolph. All joking aside.....that really was a great high school class.

2008 - Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday, Brandon Jennings, Demar Derozan, Aminu, Greg Monroe, Kemba, Ed Davis, Klay Thompson, BJ Mullens, Ebanks, Elliot Williams, the Morris twins, Tyler Zeller, Iman Shumpert, Jeff Taylor, Tyshawn Taylor, Isaiah Thomas, Quincy Acy, Kevin Jones, Reggie Jackson, Travis Leslie, Kris Joseph, Draymond Green, Willie Warren, Chris Singleton and Samardo Samuels.

Soooo.......how was that 03 class again?

Back
Top Bottom