Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Exact Story

One source close to the situation told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that the Magic have promised Howard that they will add a quality player before Thursday's deadline and that Howard can decide the fate of both GM Otis Smith and coach Stan Van Gundy at the end of the season if he signs an extension. Bucks swingman Stephen Jackson, frustrated in Milwaukee, is available and sources say he and Howard have talked about playing together. All indications are that Magic team president Alex Martins, not Smith, is presiding over attempts to keep Howard in Orlando. Sources confirmed a RealGM.com report from earlier Monday that the Magic have continued to pursue Golden State's Monta Ellis as a complement to Howard. ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reported Feb. 29 that Orlando had targeted Ellis as an ideal player to try to pry from the Warriors as a means of placating Howard. But sources close to the situation told ESPN.com on Monday that the Warriors remain uninterested in parting with Ellis unless the trade lands Howard in Oakland. Golden State and Houston are at the top of the list of teams willing to go for a so-called "rental" trade for Howard this week, with no guarantee that the NBA's reigning defensive player of the year will stay beyond the end of the season. In the proposed deal, sources said, Hornets center Chris Kaman is the best player who would have been headed to Golden State, with the Warriors also required to take back Magic forward Hedo Turkoglu while shedding Dorell Wright and out-of-favor center Andris Biedrins. The Warriors, sources said, have no interest in such a swap. Sources told ESPN.com that the Warriors have been far more focused Monday trying to assemble a workable trade scenario to acquire center Andrew Bogut from the Milwaukee Bucks as opposed to engaging the Magic in trade talks, since Orlando is intent on acquiring Ellis to keep Howard.

Link

LMAO is D-12 worth that much?

YoungTriz wrote:
tupac003 wrote:
Mike and Mike is reporting that Orlando is telling D-12 that he can decide the fate of GM Otis Smith and Coach Stan Van Gundy if he signs an extension and they promise to add a super star player by Thursday's dead line...

Really? A player can control a GM and a coach? Why did we have this lock out again?
eyes.gif

just saw that on tv

Its not about whether or not Otis & Stan are any good... its about the message you're sending.  Basically giving him leeway to hire & fire. Wow talk about groveling... They officially have NO NUTS & I have no respect for them... NONE... ZILCH... ZERO.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

roll.gif

They just made Dwight Howard player/owner. I'd understand if dude won them a few rings, but Jesus. Have some dignity.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Mike and Mike is reporting that Orlando is telling D-12 that he can decide the fate of GM Otis Smith and Coach Stan Van Gundy if he signs an extension and they promise to add a super star player by Thursday's dead line...

Really? A player can control a GM and a coach? Why did we have this lock out again?
eyes.gif

I will rescind my fanship if this is true. Letting Dwight be the overall arbiter? FOOH

His childish $## can walk. Dude, we're 3rd in the East! I understand Otis is a moron and we take too many 3's. We're a couple pieces away. We started Alston and Lee...IN THE NBA FINALS for heavens sake.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

YoungTriz wrote:
tupac003 wrote:

eyes.gif

just saw that on tv

Its not about whether or not Otis & Stan are any good... its about the message you're sending.  Basically giving him leeway to hire & fire. Wow talk about groveling... They officially have NO NUTS & I have no respect for them... NONE... ZILCH... ZERO.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

This 
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif

the only good of firing Van Gundy would be him joining Breene and his brother on commentary
laugh.gif

Dwight doesn't deserve this all that power. He wants out trade him like Utah did Dwill. Take what you can get and then during FA go get a team to build.

YoungTriz wrote:
tupac003 wrote:

eyes.gif

just saw that on tv

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

didnt kidd have something do to with some coaches getting fired?

laugh.gif
and what leverage does Orlando have to even bring in a "superstar" by Thursday? Aside from Dwight, what are their assets?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
and what leverage does Orlando have to even bring in a "superstar" by Thursday? Aside from Dwight, what are their assets?

The teacups at Disney are pretty bad *+%.

YoungTriz wrote:
didnt kidd have something do to with some coaches getting fired?

That wasn't part of the negotiations to get him to extend... well atleast it wasn't made public.

Here's the thing Coaches are fired all the time because Players aren't happy but to flat out tell a player you can decide the fate of theCoach & GMat the end of the season if you resign & have no shame about it?!?

Might as well bestanding at his door day and night holding a contract & a pen while singing...

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

The teacups at Disney are pretty bad *+%.

This is the whole problem.  How are you going to add a superstar player....there is no one on your team anyone wants.  
I think the knicks trying to move melo would be smart honestly.  Ask denver if you can have gallanari back lol

I have a feeling other teams make promises like that to star players more than we realize. I just think it doesn't get reported to the media and the team reneges on the promise once the player signs the contract. On a side note, I have no sympathy for Otis. This guy essentially made a trade to get back a player they let go in free agency but got a worse version of that player and let one of the better 4/5 in the league go for basically nothing (Gortat).

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

YoungTriz wrote:
just saw that on tv

30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
This 
tired.gif

That's inexcusable.  To make it even worse, it's not like this dude brought the franchise a 'ship... or even won an MVP award
roll.gif

*+@% is really despicable...

laugh.gif
@ ORL

They see the writing on the wall.

Yall talking about trade him like Utah did Deron but what team is gonna want to give up all their assets so they can try and convince Dwight to stay with them at this point? The Nets took a huge risk and it's not guaranteed to pan out for them.

lol the magic are putting themselves in a deep *+% hole with each day closer to the deadline. they should have traded dude a long time ago. now they are just looking like a joke. if im new jersey, i off brooke lopez, okur, and a first round pick. thats it. if they dont take it screw um and wait til this guy is a free agent. no way in hell hes staying

Originally Posted by Jay02

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by Jay02

Don't get your hopes up yall. You're gonna have to actually give us something worth it (lakers fans)Jennings will be in Milwaukee until his contract is up. 
Check out the previous pages...There may be something that'll catch your eye
wink.gif
Are you referring to his comment about doing research on big market teams?
It was a sarcastic statement to sooperhooper's terrible "offers". I'm still laughing at it.

If the GMs in the league have any nuts they don't do any deals with them that doesn't include Dwight.

NONE. As a GM I'm thinking "You just sold us out..." that set a new precident thats waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past what Bron, #7, or CP situation has done to the landscape.
30t6p3b.gif

Star players have long had input on transactions, and I'm sure this isn't the first time one has had the power to take power from the powerful.

As a Magic fan, I'll take Boozer, Jimmy Butler, and a 1st Rd. pick and ship ya'll Dwight.

Back
Top Bottom