Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

laugh.gif
@ trading for Josh Smith. He will never be of any real value until he gets a real jump shot or realizes he should not be taking jumpers.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
@ trading for Josh Smith. He will never be of any real value until he gets a real jump shot or realizes he should not be taking jumpers.
You mean the guy who averages 16PPG, 10RPG, 2BPG and 1.5SPG is not of real value? Oh.

I get he has poor shot selection at times but come on...

laugh.gif

He'd be a great fit for Minny, running with Rubio and playing lockdown D. Dunno if people think Derrick Williams would be too good or not enough to give up, but it would make some sense for both teams.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

laugh.gif
You mean the guy who averages 16PPG, 10RPG, 2BPG and 1.5SPG is not of real value? Oh.

if atlanta is going to trade josh smith i really want to see them go after a big man like greg monroe, deandre jordan, or even bismack biyombo and move al horford to the 4 spot.

also getting rid of marvin would be nice. he's a real burden on the team, contract wise
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by calibeebee

What does Portland need? A pg like Rondo, Nash, or Dwill? What do we have that other teams might want? Young talent like Batum? Draft picks? As a Blazer fan I have never been excited about the trade deadline. We won't bring in any good players, we'll give up draft picks, and we'll still suck. Ba humbug

Blazers have some of the best trade pieces in the whole league. They could probably get Nash in there for Felton, Batum and a 1st rounder.
exactly they are basically the only team with a need of a pg and have players of value outside the knicks, that i could see nash wanting to play for. as with josh smith, i think he could become a better player given the right situation. he wouldnt really grow/benefit from playing with a rebuilding team like a twolves or kings, he needs to be around vets and a strongwilled coach. maybe like a denver a play the role kmart filled, or possibly a houston, or a team like that. hawks need to blow that team up cause they do to well to get picks.. and and they have enough decent players to get good drafts/clear space/cap.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

laugh.gif

Yes, nice stat line but it won't be enough, he'd only help teams where he'd fit great and I can't say there's a lot of teams where he could help a lot while they suffer through him taking jump shots.

After last season, especially in the playoffs, I thought he would but he still doesn't get it when it comes to that part of his game.
Originally Posted by 10027

laugh.gif
He'd be a great fit for Minny, running with Rubio and playing lockdown D. Dunno if people think Derrick Williams would be too good or not enough to give up, but it would make some sense for both teams.
Like Minny but I don't agree on them trading for him when they got Beas and Derrick on the team. I'd rather Minny try and make a move for Iggy.

There'd need to be a very good coach in place imo for a Josh Smith trade to really work.

Messing around on the Trade Machine, would a trade centered around Deron Williams and Rajon Rondo make sense?

It covers the Nets' !+! because Rondo is a high quality PG locked up long term and this could give the Celtics some new blood (though it probably wouldn't be enough to win the East).

Kev, what are your thoughts on Jarrett Jack? Given his skill set and contract, I think he would be a good (but not great) fit on the Lakers.

^ PMatic word is Hornets want nothing less than a top 20 pick for Jack. And don't want to be stuck with any long term contracts. So it won't happen

I was watching that Hornet game thinking I hope Jack stays with them, he was looking like the heart of the team. Not saying they should build around him but he is a good locker room vet to have when rebuilding.

if the lakers trade for felton i dont know what im gonna do. seriously that fat loser sucks man... what the hell are they thinking in LA?

lakers always setting their bar high. kirk hinrich, steve blake, raymond felton... smh.. even ramon sessions but atleast sessions can create high percentage shots for his team...

hell lets try to get nash too.. lol

clippers looking at paul pierce or ray allen. dont know how they can swing that...

Originally Posted by sensation87

Jazz open to trading Devin Harris and CJ Miles. I wonder how Devin would fit with the Lakers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/b...e4MHZHvT3geT_irYzbO8vLYF
Lakers best trade pieces would be Metta World Peace, Steve Blake, Darius Morris for a trade like that
laugh.gif
..  And would be extremely reserved in giving up any picks in the 1st Round for Devin Harris..

If Devin could give the Lakers  14 & 6.5  in 30 mpg they'd take it. But there is doubts he can give close to that.

I don't think Lakers have enough or are willing to give enough to land Harris

I would love to have CJ Miles, always liked that guy's game 

Harris is certainly better than Felton or Hinrich, but not sure he does much for us.  Then again, he is better than Fish too I suppose, but not sure the cost, nor would the Jazz want to help us out. 

Originally Posted by Essential1

Jazz open to trading Devin Harris and CJ Miles. I wonder how Devin would fit with the Lakers.

Lakers best trade pieces would be Metta World Peace, Steve Blake, Darius Morris for a trade like that
laugh.gif
..  And would be extremely reserved in giving up any picks in the 1st Round for Devin Harris..

If Devin could give the Lakers  14 & 6.5  in 30 mpg they'd take it. But there is doubts he can give close to that.

lol at who would want mwp, or steve blake and who... lol outside of gasol,bynum, and maybe matt barnes there is nothing desirable on the lakers team for any team to trade a player of somewhat value. only way lakers pull a trade off for anyone those players HAVE to be in the equation.

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

lol at who would want mwp, or steve blake and who... lol outside of gasol,bynum, and maybe matt barnes there is nothing desirable on the lakers team for any team to trade a player of somewhat value. only way lakers pull a trade off for anyone those players HAVE to be in the equation.
Hence why I said Lakers don't have enough and are unwilling to give up enough for Devin Harris.

And they don't have to include Bynum & Gasol to get the trades they need..  They already had the shot at Sessions and Beasley  for 1 draft pick each.  But didn't want to part with the picks or have the extra luxury tax to use their Traded Player Exception.   Our GM knows what he is doing...  Our Owner's son who has taken the entire control of the team on the other hand, has no idea what he is doing

Devin would be a nice fit with LA... He hasn't played his best with Utah, but if he plays close to his game in NJ I feel like he could help them out.

What's up with Devin Harris anyway? I always thought he'd become his elite PG, but he never really stepped up
taken full advantage of his opportunities. Like he hit a ceiling or something. Maybe it's the teams he's been on, I
don't know.
Agree about Jarrett Jack too. He may not be a franchise player, but he is an asset to the Hornets, and would

be valuable to a lot of other teams.

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

Hence why I said Lakers don't have enough and are unwilling to give up enough for Devin Harris.

And they don't have to include Bynum & Gasol to get the trades they need..  They already had the shot at Sessions and Beasley  for 1 draft pick each.  But didn't want to part with the picks or have the extra luxury tax to use their Traded Player Exception.   Our GM knows what he is doing...  Our Owner's son who has taken the entire control of the team on the other hand, has no idea what he is doing

but they need a pg, so how would beasley fit in that equation. and i know the guard play sucks in la, but really sessions? Kobe is trying to be in championship contention and imo sessions doesnt cut it. Really even if they got a player like devin or nash, i still dont see them in championship contention, i mean they really dont have much of a bench, and the few decent players they have they would have to give up just to get a decent/good pg, and even then they would be less of a team they were last year, and that team wasnt good enough. The only way they become a chip team is if they pull a major trade ala a dwight, and somehow get a good/great pg.

If im the lakers i blow the team up, minus kobe and maybe bynum and get fresh young players. They are pretty much in the same predicament the celts in. A mid rank team that is a 1 or maybe 2 round exit team who gets enough wins to prevent them from drafting good players, and really no players anyone wants so they can get young players or high draft picks.

Harris wasn't as good as his stats portrayed in 2009.

Right now, he doesn't fit into Utah's offense of dumping the ball into the post and he isn't getting to the free throw line like he did in the past. The team is much better with Earl Watson running the team. He wouldn't be the best fit with the Lakers either (below average three point shooter his whole career and would have to play without the ball given Kobe, Bynum and Pau's presence), but beggars can't be choosers in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom