Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

Giants baseball being back into full swing
pimp.gif

I don't have any tickets at the moment but my goal will at leat be 10 games this year.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Anybody planning on going to Spring Training? If any of you guys have gone, any tips? I plan on going the second weekend in March.
Never been before?  Shocked.  Autographs galore.  Its where I have gotten the majority of my baseball autographs.  Honestly, there are no tips.  Players sign ALL THE TIME.  You just have to be lucky and be in the spot on of the field where they stop and sign.  And they sign for a longer period of time than you would see at a regular season game, so even if you see a player you want stop and sign, you have time to run over and try to get them.  Sometimes you can get them on their way out of the stadium while walking to their cars too. 

Just get to the stadiums early.  Have a great time bro.  Not sure if I am heading out this year, but Im gonna try. 
Thanks man. Any restaurant/bar recommendations?

Originally Posted by dland24

Anybody planning on going to Spring Training? If any of you guys have gone, any tips? I plan on going the second weekend in March.
Never been before?  Shocked.  Autographs galore.  Its where I have gotten the majority of my baseball autographs.  Honestly, there are no tips.  Players sign ALL THE TIME.  You just have to be lucky and be in the spot on of the field where they stop and sign.  And they sign for a longer period of time than you would see at a regular season game, so even if you see a player you want stop and sign, you have time to run over and try to get them.  Sometimes you can get them on their way out of the stadium while walking to their cars too. 

Just get to the stadiums early.  Have a great time bro.  Not sure if I am heading out this year, but Im gonna try. 
Thanks man. Any restaurant/bar recommendations?

Definitely gotta hit up Don and Charlies in Scottsdale.  As a memorabilia/autographs collector, you will love it.  It really is a sight to see.  Plus there is ALWAYS a good chance you will see players eating there....they love it.  Last time I was in there, I met Will Clark, Bruce Bochy and Bob Uecker.  Food is good too. 

Waiting area:

mem1.jpg

donandcharlies.jpg

Eating area:

7473VEN.jpg

The bar is cool too but I cant find any good pics other than this small one:

PHP4DED5335606E8.jpg

Might need a reservation, but its definitely a must see. Especially for someone like you.

Very excited for Giants baseball this season now that I'm back home.  Hoping to go to at least 7 games this year and catch a majority of them on TV.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Cain wants 'fair value,' answer before season[/h1]February 25, 2012, 9:27 am

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Matt Cain is consulting with Buster Posey's agent as he and the Giants continue conversations about a multiyear contract that would keep him with the club beyond this season.

"We're listening to anything that's of fair value," Cain said. "That's the way we're taking it."

Giants CEO Larry Baer, who arrived in camp Saturday, said "there has been a lot of back and forth conversations. It's conversation and that's a good thing."

Do the Giants share a common idea on what represents "fair value" for Cain?

http://
"To be determined," said Baer, after a pause. "To be determined. ... To be determined."

Cain reiterated that he wants a resolution before the April 6 season opener.

"I believe both sides would like to have something resolved, whether it's signing back or not," he said. "Once the season starts, I want to be thinking about the season."

Baer said Cain remains a top priority, calling him "one of our guys we'll put a lot of energy into."

Energy is nice. Dollars are better.

Cain's agents, Landon Williams and Rick Landrum, moved in December from their NFL-heavy agency in Memphis to CAA -- an international firm that represents celebrities as well as players in all professional sports. Williams and Landrum followed Jimmy Sexton, who represents mostly NFL players as well as a stable of high-profile coaches such as Nick Saban and Bill Parcells.

CAA represents dozens of high-profile major leaguers, including Posey. His agent, Jeff Berry, is assisting in Cain's negotiations.

"He does a great job and we've built a relationship quickly," Cain said. "I still talk to Landon, Rick and Jimmy on a more normal basis. ... It's great because they're able to tap into a lot more resources. It's going to be beneficial for both sides."

In other news, Cain said the Giants would have their annual meeting with the Players Association, and he expected players would have plenty of questions about the league's drug testing procedures following Ryan Braun's lifted suspension. An arbitrator ruled Friday that Braun's 50-game suspension should be rescinded because there was a breakdown in the chain of custody of his urine sample, which tested positive for a banned substance.

"It's something everybody will want to talk about," said Cain, adding he didn't know enough about the specifics to venture an opinion. "I haven't gotten any info. I guess we'll find out."

Cain will serve as the Giants' union representative again this season.

Played catch and walked around outside AT&T Park yesterday. Seeing the field being prepped for this season got me excited for this year. Really hope the Giants do big things this year. Also, World Series on-field hats are $15 at all Giants Dugout stores. I was able to pick up an orange-lid version.

Barry Zito broke some bats (with his pitches?!) during live BP today....he hitting the juice?!

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Barry Zito broke some bats (with his pitches?!) during live BP today....he hitting the juice?!
Barry Zito will have a comeback year. This is my prediction for 2012.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Barry Zito will have a comeback year. This is my prediction for 2012.
pimp.gif
29fbfcg.gif

<--- Zito apologist.

via Hank Schulman
[h2][/h2]
[h2]Looks like a one-year contract for Buster Posey[/h2]I just had a brief chat with Buster Posey’s agent, Jeff Berry, who told me he has not heard from the Giants about a 2012 contract for Buster Posey, and both sides have indicated to me they are not expecting discussions about a multiyear deal.
None of this is surprising in light of Posey’s injury last year. There are lots of unknowns for both sides. Had he played a full season, the story might be different. Posey will be eligible for salary arbitration after this season as a “Super Two

Looking forward to it. I'm bullish on this season. Has a better feel versus last year coming off the WS.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Brandon Belt went 3-4
pimp.gif
Add to that Brandon Crawford hitting a two-run single. It's a good sign. I really hope that Belt continues this through out the Spring. If he does, he'll be the starting 1B.

Back
Top Bottom