Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

[table][tr][th="col"]
7701.jpg
A. Sanchez MIA  [/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"] R. Vogelsong SF  [/th] [/tr][tr][td]1-0
[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-1
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.73
[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]4.19
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]33
[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]20
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8
[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]7
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.03
[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.19
[/td][/tr][/table]
Miami Marlins Lineup
Reyes, SS
Bonifacio, CF
Ramirez, 3B
Morrison, LF
Infante, 2B
Stanton, RF
Dobbs, 1B
Hayes, C
Sanchez, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Blanco, RF
Gillaspie, 3B
Cabrera, LF
Posey, C
Pagan, CF
Belt, 1B
Arias, 2B
Crawford, SS
Vogelsong, RHP

Dland I know you love Pill - can he play 3b at all? If so, I'd like him to get some burn....

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Dland I know you love Pill - can he play 3b at all? If so, I'd like him to get some burn....
I am really unsure about his arm strength.  Im sure he could play it and he wouldnt be bad. I went to about 6 SJ Giants games when he was there and he played 2nd base in most of them.  Maybe third could work, because his range wasnt great at second.

He should be our first baseman, but thats a whole different argument that I am sure a bunch of people on here and within the Giants (clearly) disagree with for some reason.  

He fractured the right hand last year, right? Besides that first month he came back, I'm sure he raked with the best of em after June. Hope he can come back like that.

I just checked it out, was the right last year:

Pablo Sandoval Headed for the Disabled List.
Spoiler [+]
Led by Buster Posey and Pablo Sandoval, the San Francisco Giants offense has actually been decent this year. Their 95 wRC+ ranks them 8th in the National League, thanks in large part to the contributions of Buster Posey (.342/.400/.575) and Pablo Sandoval (.316/.375/.537). Melky Cabrera has been good, and the team has gotten production from the Brandon Belt/Brett Pill platoon when they’ve played, but the offense has been driven by the consistent thumping of Posey and Sandoval.

Their depth is about to be tested, however, as Hank Schulman is reporting that Sandoval has a broken hamate bone in his wrist. He had this same issue last year – only this year, it’s the other hand – and he missed 41 games over six weeks while recovering from the injury.

The effects of the injury seemed to linger even after he returned, however. Here are his monthly wRC+ splits from last year:

April: 147
May: DL
June: 77
July: 149
August: 124
September: 209

Hand and wrist injuries are notorious power sappers, and Sandoval had just five extra base hits in 70 plate appearances in June. His power returned in the second half, and he was one of the best hitters in baseball down the stretch, so this shouldn’t derail him for the whole season, but if last year is any indicator of how the injury will affect him, this will likely be a problem for him until the All-Star break.

So, for the next couple of months, the Giants are going to have to get their offense elsewhere. Conor Gillaspie is expected to be recalled to take his place on the roster, but the Giants might need to look outside the organization for additional help. Perhaps the logical place to look would be for a player who can play both third base and shortstop, giving them the flexibility of replacing Brandon Crawford with the new acquisition once Sandoval returns. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ned Colletti was already on the phone offering Juan Uribe back to the Giants…

Jack Hannahan?

This team just can't put it all together. Something just seems to always be wrong. Poor fielding, poor hitting, poor starting pitching, poor relief pitching, mismanagement of players, mismanagement of situations, lack of hitting with risp, getting into scoring position to begin with, no power bats, little to no xbh, injuries...we just don't scare anybody, at all.

I can't remember the last time I've seen a team struggle so much with RISP. I'd love to know what the organization's message as a whole is to the hitters. It seems like nearly all of them lost the concept of situational hitting taught in Little League.

Hoping the Doyers end up more like the Rockies (17-8 in April before collapsing). Take a look up and down that roster and there seem to be a bunch of journeyman/utility type players. Who knows how long their success continues before a major regression?

Will be at the game today. Hopefully things turn around for us soon.

Lineup is a joke when you have Angel Pagan batting fifth. Reminds me of when the Giants had Molina batting fourth. Or even Ray Durham behind Bonds.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

This team just can't put it all together. Something just seems to always be wrong. Poor fielding, poor hitting, poor starting pitching, poor relief pitching, mismanagement of players, mismanagement of situations, lack of hitting with risp, getting into scoring position to begin with, no power bats, little to no xbh, injuries...we just don't scare anybody, at all.

It's called not being a good team.

Great game today for the Giants. Bumgarner pitched himself out of trouble a couple of times, offense came through, and just a fun day overall.

Got the Romo bobbleheads with ease. Showed up at about 10am, waited for an hour and was able to take pictures around the park.

dr56xt.jpg

6h1dp2.jpg

ff79qh.jpg

2rr5pb9.jpg

37w3m.jpg

1zvahk0.jpg

2ecpzb4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom