Official 2012 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (94-68) World Series Champions

Hi guys. I'm going to my first game at ATT Park today. (I know, very late) 
laugh.gif

But anyways, i'm pretty excited. I wanted to ask if you guys had recommendations of activities around the park that are a must?

Also, what food items should I not leave without trying?

Ive heard their crab sandwiches are pretty bomb, and theres good beer around the park. 

Anything you guys want to share with a rookie like me? Any cool spots to visit around the park that I wouldnt see or know about?

Thanks in advance. 
smile.gif
pimp.gif

I always hit up 21st Amendment for beer before the game. If I go with my inlaws we also stop at Paragon for food/drinks.

[table][tr][th="col"]
7661.jpg
S. Marcum MIL  [/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"] M. Cain SF  [/th] [/tr][tr][td]1-1
[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]1-2
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.19
[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.35
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30
[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]30
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12
[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]6
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.26
[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]0.68
[/td][/tr][/table]
Milwaukee Brewers Lineup
Morgan, CF
Weeks, 2B
Braun, LF
Ramirez, 3B
Hart, RF
Lucroy, C
Green, 1B
Izturis, SS
Marcum, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Blanco, RF
Gillaspie, 3B
Cabrera, LF
Posey, C
Pagan, CF
Belt, 1B
Theriot, 2B
Crawford, SS
Cain, RHP

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

laugh.gif

But anyways, i'm pretty excited. I wanted to ask if you guys had recommendations of activities around the park that are a must?

Ive heard their crab sandwiches are pretty bomb, and theres good beer around the park. 

Anything you guys want to share with a rookie like me? Any cool spots to visit around the park that I wouldnt see or know about?

Thanks in advance. 
smile.gif
pimp.gif
Food you should try is the sheboygan bratwurst. I posted a picture of it on the previous page if you haven't seen it. I'm not really into the garlic fries, but it's the craze around SF. Also, the cha-cha bowl, buy it and have it with your choice of either chipotle sauce or bbq sauce.

Also, enjoy the scenery. Place is beautiful on a day like this.

Primos Patio Cafe is underrated. Their jerk chicken sandwich is the best I've ever had.

They need places like that on the East Coast.
Over/under on the amount of errors for Crawford/Theriot: 0.5

New Haven, Connecticut.

Wasn't kidding about the Yale thing.

If any of you guys are in NYC and want to watch a game with fellow Bay Area fans, check out Finnerty's. It's in the East Village, close to St. Mark's Place which also has decent watering holes.

I knew you weren't but I've been to a bunch of places in/around the east coast so I could suggest some food spots... Not too familiar w Conn though

I'm planning on taking a weekend trip to Rhode Island and then to Boston. Ever been around that way?
Also, I'd be interested in hearing any recommendations you may have for NYC.

Ever been to The Spotted Pig?  Went there a few weeks ago and gotta give it 2 thumbs up.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

laugh.gif

Thanks in advance. 
smile.gif
pimp.gif

It's ok, I'm from San Jose and I've never been to a game either. 
embarassed.gif

Cool, I'll try to check it out if I end up in the area.
There's a place here in town called Louis' and they pride themselves with "inventing the hamburger."  

Here's what their burger looks like:

20080825-12burgers-louislunch2_0.jpeg

There's a huge sign at the counter letting you know NOT to ask for ketchup.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by What up

Cool, I'll try to check it out if I end up in the area.
There's a place here in town called Louis' and they pride themselves with "inventing the hamburger."  

Here's what their burger looks like:

20080825-12burgers-louislunch2_0.jpeg

There's a huge sign at the counter letting you know NOT to ask for ketchup.  
laugh.gif
I saw this on Food Network once I think.

Pretty sure Pagan broke late on that play in the 9th....I don't care if he gets a hit in the next 120 games, he sucks

On the flip side, like Hector more and more

We gave up on Torres after a bad year.  Granted he got hurt to start the season, he's been solid since returning.
Meanwhile Pagan has a hitting streak of 20 games and still hitting below .270.  He's till terrible running the bases and taking proper routes on flyballs.  

Add CF as a position of need in the offseason.

(Might have to address that sooner than the offseason, actually).

Back
Top Bottom