Official 2012 Track & Field Thread: Brussels Diamond League (Merritt Breaks 110m Hurdles WR!)

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Pouring out some Gatorade for my man.

26906_w400xh600.jpg
laugh.gif

Allyson Felix on Piers Morgan that aired on Wednesday.

Allyson Felix on the elusive 200 meter gold medal: "This is the one missing thing, and it’s the thing that I really want"
Coming up this evening at 9 p.m., "Piers Morgan Tonight" gets down in the blocks with 3-time Olympic medalist Allyson Felix, inviting the 26-year-old to the program for a fast-paced sit down interview.

Gearing up for her third Olympic games, Felix is still seething from her second-place finish in Beijing four years ago, where Jamaican sprinter Veronica Campbell-Brown beat her to the tape by seventeen hundredths of a second:

"I’m always thinking about it. I practice just all the time," admits Felix. "I don’t want to get that thought out of my head, because it does motivate me. But it’s tough."

Well-decordated in her signature event – the 200 meters – the California native boasts a pair of Olympic silver medals, as well as multiple golds from the World Championships. However, until she climbs atop the medal stand on her sport's biggest stage, she'll always feel as though her career is incomplete:

"I’ve got to win. You know, that’s what it’s all about, like you said, I’ve done all this other stuff," she tells Piers Morgan. "But this is the one missing thing, and it’s the thing that I really want. So I need everything to come together at the right time."

Having first arrived on the Olympic scene at Athens in 2004, this month's London games will be Felix's third attempt at completing her running resume. Though she does have a gold medal thanks to being a member of the women's 4 × 400 meters relay team, it's the elusive individual prize that keeps her up at night:

"I’m just competitive. It doesn’t matter what it is. I want to win. And so that’s something that carries over to the track, and I just - I’m determined," says the only woman ever to be a three-time Athletics World Championship gold medalist in the 200 meters. "And so having these silver medals, every day I’m thinking about it. And it drives me. And I want that gold."
Watch the clip, listen to the interview, then tune in this evening at 9 p.m., as Felix details the specific treats she allows herself on the occasional day she cheats from her rigorous nutrition and training regimes.

So because of the Niketalk change over, posts were lost and videos are no longer up anymore. No point of starting a new thread, so might as well continue from here for the rest of the season.

Local U.K. times. Add 6 hours for North American EST.

Last edited:
friday is the day..... taking forever..... im a track and field dude, but the first week of olympics have been pretty boring.... wanna see how asafa will do,,, wanna see how my trini runners will do,,, how the 800/1500 will finish

if usa relaay teams can be mistake free, .... im ready

First week really has been boring. If it wasn't for Phelps in 2008 it would've been the same in Beijing.

Even with the athletes who've pulled out, I feel like this is the deepest Olympic T&F meet ever. There's no clear cut favorite in most of the events, which is great.

If the previous schedule a few posts above is confusing, here's a better breakdown.

All event times are in EST.

DAY 1 - Friday

DAY 1 - Saturday

DAY 1 - Sunday

DAY 1 - Next Monday

DAY 1 - Next Tuesday

DAY 1 - Next Wednesday

DAY 1 - Next Thursday

DAY 1 - Next Friday

DAY 1 - Next Saturday

DAY 1 - Next Sunday

Some shots of the track via Ato Boldon's Twitter.

Last edited:
Hey guys, one of my best friends from high school - her eldest brother Meb Keflizighi will be repping for the USA in the marathon (12th, last day). Check out his training regiment :wow:

woulda posted in the general olympic thread but I'm sure you track guys could appreciate this:

Making my picks

Womens

100 Shelly Ann
200 Shelly Ann ( not convinced Allyson can get over the hump figuratively and literally )
400 Sanya
100H Pearson
4x1 relay USA
4x4 relay USA

Mens

100 Gay, Blake, Gatlin (Bolt injury costs him but if he's healthy hes the clear favorite)
200 Blake
400 Leshawn
110 LiuXiang
4x1 JAM
4x4 USA

Womens

100 Shelly Ann
200 Felix
400 Sanya
100H Pearson
4x1 relay JAM
4x4 relay USA

Mens

100 Blake
200 Blake
400 Leshawn
110 LiuXiang
4x1 JAM
4x4 BAH (this is more of a hope than anything)

Don't remember the opening day of T&F being sold out and this packed just for qualifying rounds. Last time I saw this was Sydney in 2000. Stadium looks great packed with the good weather, hopefully both keeps up.

Back
Top Bottom