Official 2012 Track & Field Thread: Brussels Diamond League (Merritt Breaks 110m Hurdles WR!)

I'll be working the Pre again next Saturday. 
pimp.gif

Usain Bolt ran a season's best 9.76 at the Diamond League meet in Rome today. Beat Asafa, and my main man Christophe Lemaitre.

alien.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
TDot it airs in 2 hours on Universal Sports, I hate watchin a game/meet/match when I know the result already. I planned to stay out of the thread, but you put it in the title. Ah well.

Rome Diamond League highlights:

- Usain Bolt ran a 9.76 in the Men's 100 beating Asafa Powell (9.91) and Christophe Lemaitre (10.04)
- Dawn Harper came from behind and edged out Kellie Wells in the Women's 100m Hurdles. Lolo Jones fell and got DQ'd.
- Javier Colson (2nd place at last year's World Championships) beat Bershawn Jackson in the Men's 400m Hurdles. I'm looking forward to his match up against last year's World Champion David Greene from GBR.
- Kaliese Spencer (last year's favorite for the World Championships) beat LaShinda Demus (World Champion) in the Women's 400m Hurdles. The defending Olympic champion Melaine Walker looked terrible.
- Abeba Aregawi ran a world leading 3:56.54 in the Men's 1500
- Murielle Ahoure of the Ivory Coast beat Shelly-Ann Fraser and Kerron Stewart in the Women's 100 running a PB of 11.00 

- Murielle Ahoure of the Ivory Coast beat Shelly-Ann Fraser and Kerron Stewart in the Women's 100 running a PB of 11.00�

wait what!?

^
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
SAF hasn't been the same since getting married. When's Tyson Gay going to hit the track?

Just a heads up....

The Eugene Diamond League meet (Prefontaine Classic) will be shown on NBC from 3pm-4:30pm EST live later today (Saturday). Should be a good meet, pretty much a preview of the U.S. Olympic Trials.

Pre-Fontaine Classic (Eugene Diamond League) highlights:

- Sanya Richards-Ross beat World Champion Amantle Montsho in the Women's 400 running a WL 49.39.
- Liu Xiang beat World Champion Jason Richardson and Aries Merritt running 12.87 (a meet record) in the Men's 100m Hurdles.
- LaShawn Merritt (defending Olympic Champion) beat Kirani James (World Champion) running 44.91 in the Men's 400m.
- Allyson Felix beat Carmelita Jeter running 22.23 in the Women's 200m.
- Abu Kaki won the Men's 800m in 1:43.71.
- Justin Gatlin won the Men's 100m in 9.90 (don't know why there's no official video out).
- Wallace Spearmon won the Men's 200 in 20.27.

Liu Xiang omg boy is looking nasty out there lol. New WR coming maybe?

Jeremy Just dont have it Man. I had a meet with him this year and he was looking like he was headed in the right direction
but I guess not. these 45's wont get him on the team.

Ostrava (Oslo, Norway) Diamond League highlights from Thursday:

- Usain Bolt (straining and all) came back and caught Asafa Powell winning the Men's 100 in 9.79
- Sally Pearson (current World Champion) won her first race of the year running 12.49 in the Women's 100m Hurdles. LoLo Jones looks finished man, sad to see.
- Amantle Montsho (current World Champion) won the Women's 400 in 49.68. Only Sanya Richards has run faster.
- Finally (I asked for this last week), David Greene and Javier Colson faced off. Colson won the Men's 400m Hurdles running a WL of 47.92. At the World Championships last year, Colson (the favorite) lost to David Greene.

The announcers were saying that Greene has only focused on his strength so far this year, the speed will come around later. Wonder if Colson will hold up, and will Greene feel the pressure running in front of the home crowd at the Olympics.

Adidas Grand Prix this weekend in NYC. Should be showing on NBC.

Back
Top Bottom