Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does floyd have to prove? manny lost against bradley and got knocked out cold against marquez then fought an easy fight against rios
laugh.gif
and if he does fight floyd then ya manny going to have to retire after that fight
mean.gif
When you want to be the best, you have to accept the challenges of your opponents who are at the upper echelon of your sport.

zab cant even beat amir kahn let alone manny
roll.gif

and really floyd is the reason the fight didnt happen? its a 2 way street pac should have agreed to the olympic style drug test and the 40mill payout but yet its floyd ducking.... and floyd isnt the main reason this fight isnt happening its more because of bob arum really... he knows that floyd will win and retire bobs cash cow and not only that an agreement will never come to terms because floyd is with golden boy and manny is with top rank.... who has manny fought recently that wasnt a top rank opponent? this is the main reason why the fight will never happen forget about the showtime vs hbo BS because the same thing happend with tyson and lennox but the fight still got done
- Olympic style testing was agreed upon on

- favourable purse allocation for Floyd - 55/45 split

Floyd still did not want to fight. Maybe he hates Bob Arum that much. He just wants to leave his legacy untarnished. He has everything to lose but nothing to gain. Clever move by Floyd. I would do the same thing if I was Mayweather.

Now I think some of you either, don't know **** about boxing (word to Roger) or are trolling us.

Mayweather would dismantle Pacquiao for 12 rounds.
So.....Why hasn't the fight happened yet? I mean, Manny has been calling him out to make the fight happen under all his conditions. Has won in 8 divisions, and named boxer of the decade. Don't give me the excuse that he lost two fights cause Mayweather has been fighting worse boxers than Pacquiao. A "great champion" doesn't duck from worthy opponents what so ever. If he is going to dismantle him then let it be. But make the fight happen. That's what we all want to see.

I want to see pac get a chance to avenge that atrocity that was the bradley fight
Manny beat Bradley in that fight. Everyone knows that. What else does he have to prove by fighting Bradley? It will be a waste of time.

But Manny lost to JMM in their last two matches. Manny would probably want to avenge his loses to JMM until it kills him. 

Great win for Manny. Rios is a very durable opponent who has that KO power. Manny didn't need the KO but a very good showing will work. It's amazing to me how he can land power shots on the move and on his toes where most fighters have to plant both feet to reach their power shot potential. His footwork looked great and his speed looked good. His combinations landed flush and I noticed him throwing the double straight left. Can't recall him using that very often if at all. He needs to avenge that Bradley "loss" and then really push for that Mayweather fight.

Gunna sending shots like Vandy at the Vols.

I think the general public would pay to see yet another Manny/JMM fight for final closure. The last KO makes it enticing. JMM retires if he loses.

It's not Manny/PBF, but we may never see or get that.

PBF/Khan?
Manny/JMM
Swift/Machine 2
Bradley/Khan

I thought Rios would have thrown more punches, but Pac really took care of business. I say he fights Bradley next...If that doesn't happen then we'll probably see Pac/Marquez 35. LOL.

Boxing fans would watch another slugfest in Bam Bam/Mikey 3. Both coming off loses. Rios doesn't reserve Provodnikov.

Floyd beats Pacquiao still won't be made.

Ive had enough of JMMvs Pac. And JMM should not take another fight with Pac he should be remembered for that ko.

JMM claims he'll retire if he doesn't get a Desert Storm rematch. I'd imagine one last monster payday with Manny would change his mind.

JMM claims he'll retire if he doesn't get a Desert Storm rematch. I'd imagine one last monster payday with Manny would change his mind.

Who would want to pay for any of those? Any combination of Pacquiao, Marquez, and Bradley is stale. :x

Last edited:
tired of seeing the comments of "what does Floyd have to prove by fighting Manny?" Does that mean you won't watch if the fight happens? :smh: Just make the fight....

Ive had enough of JMMvs Pac. And JMM should not take another fight with Pac he should be remembered for that ko.
Marquez should give him one more match.  Right now he's looking like the kid who always wants a rematch when he loses, but doesn't give one when he wins
mean.gif

Freaky: It's convenient, not what I actually desire.

I suppose Alexander the Great, Broner, Thurman, Maidana, Ghost, and Brook can liven up the matchups for the general public.

Swift, Machine, Peterson.

You're right, the promoters are getting in the way of things. Brook needs to step foot in the US or fight a boxer with a name. :smh: I'm still mildly upset that his potential fights with Bradley and Alexander both fell through.

Last edited:
Special K and King Khan would do unreal numbers in UK. At Wembley.

Wonder if Brook is another Ricky Hatton.

Or throw Alexander the Great at him. I think Dev would win a decision.

Showtime's legit. Hopefully he gathered and learned a lot sparring with Manny. Best wins are Gomez and Diaz.

I do like Dev a slight bit more. Alexander the Great by decision.

I'm going to the fight next week at Barclays bought tickets.

Judah vs Malignaggi (I've got Judah)
Alexander vs Porter (toss up)
Lara vs Trout (Lara but should be good Trout did well vs Canelo)
Bika vs Dirrell (?)

Should be good night. Any recommendations where to go eat after the fight in Brooklyn or Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom