Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds?

Credit card fraud is never a good thing. And, sadly, there was a case of fraud with an American Express cardowned by Denver resident Fred Sternburg  in the early hours of Friday morning.

At least in this case, the fraud produced a bit of a laugh.

Sternburg  received an email from Amex's fraud department  on Friday, alerting him to a fraudulent charge of $75.25 that was made at a Cinemark movie theater.

Publicist Fred Sternburg (L) and Manny Pacquiao (Kevin Iole/Yahoo Sports)
As requested in the email, Sternburg phoned the fraud line, and expressed surprise that someone would try to charge $75.25 at a movie theater. It seemed high to him. He mentioned that to the agent and the agent said it was for a special event.
That's when it hit Sternburg -- Saturday's Mayweather-Canelo Alvarez  bout at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas is showing in movie theaters.

"I said to the guy, 'I'm Manny Pacquiao's publicist. I hope this isn't a ticket for the Mayweather fight,' " Sternburg, known throughout boxing for his jovial nature and playful ways, joked with the agent. "The guy told me, 'Well, you sound angry enough already, and I don't want to add fuel to the fire.' It was hilarious!"

So someone tried to commit fraud to buy a Mayweather ticket using Pacquiao's publicist's credit card.

It's just too bad that if they were going to commit fraud, they couldn't have tried to do it for a Mayweather-Pacquiao bout.

Who you guys taking between Ishe and Molina?

I'm going Sugar Shay by decision in a relatively boring tilt. Still remember Ishe from his Contender days with Manfredo, Sergio, and Gomez.

Now that I think about it, Floyd losing would be a HUGE win for boxing.

Would setup a rematch which would be even bigger and Canelo becomes a legit p4p king

Home for me. Usually have friends over for the PPV.

Can't even **** on Chico for that fight :lol: between the weight, the jail problems and PBF he wasn't winning :lol:

But PBF dismantled Chico.

Corrales was 33-0 at the time, clear best at 130.

Oh I know that. What I'm saying is that Chico was going through all that garbage with the weight and with him going to jail not soon after the fight.. You combine that with PBF at IMO his best weight, Chico never had a chance.

Canelo looks to skinny to me not ina healthy way. Floyd looks way too comfortable at that weight then Canelo imo

Garcia vs. Mattysse is the real main event for me because everyone knows Mayweather is going to win anyway.
laugh.gif

Canelo looks like a cancer patient. Wow.

Hope he didn't use up so much energy trying to make weight that he will be gassed by tomorrow night.

Putting the weight back on overnight must be fun as hell, stuff your face and drink like there is no tomorrow. But they probably do it with IV's. :lol:

Nerves could have something to do with it. Biggest fight of Canelo's career. Pressure of a nation during a Mexican holiday. PPV will likely shatter the DLH draw.

I didn't feel Canelo's weight cut was forced, drained, or under duress.

I think most are assuming Canelo drained himself (negatively) to make 152.

There's no physical evidence to suggest he experienced a bad cut.

We'll find out fight night.

All the dudes in here trynna find anything to say Canelo is gonna come in and flop hard tomorrow night. We'll see. Hoping that Canelo comes through strong

Also, he looks fine in the comparison picture to the Trout fight. Yall seein what you wanna see :rolleyes

^^ THIS!

My uncles 50th is tomorrow plus all of this. Fams having a huge party at the crib. Has a 100 inch HD projecter in the basement with HD paint on the wall. And then the backyard has a deck and a bar with a 46 inch mounted so he's gonna be playing the fight outside and Inside.... I'm too geeked for tomorrow :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Man I just want to see a good fight for once, with a knockout. Floyd is a master of his craft but god damn his fights blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom