Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

^I like Anthonny Bennett for them, they need front court offense in the WORST way, no spacing on the court for Kemba.

Yep!!! That's who I hope we take...and stern giving us the #1 next year with the name change....unless we're good this year which I highly doubt

OKB was on to something...

(Chad Ford)
One dark horse for No. 1 pick? Georgetown's Otto Porter. Cavs love him. Perfect fit. Helps right away.

Ruh-oh...

Cavs aren't that stupid, are they?

Ain't nobody got time to wait for Nerlens. Didn't you hear them? They're going to the playoffs next year.

I just think Cavs aren't gonna stand pat in the draft this year. They have a lot of options to think about. Apparently Cavs want to start winning, so drafting Noel and tanking another season (although I think this is the best route) is kinda out the window. However, it would be stupid to take Porter as #1 pick just b/c he fills the need. So, they could trade their #1 pick down for mid lotto pick to still fill their need and get some veteran help. Obviously Porter is not available at #12 pick, but I think Lamb can be better than Porter, and at #12 they can still get a big body like Adams.

Another option is just trade down to #2 or 3 pick, get some veteran help, and draft Porter.

Ask the Raptors from the Andrea Bargnani draft, trading down from #1 is hard as **** when you have the number 1 pick in a weak draft.

Tell me, is there a team that absolutely must have Nerlens? Bobcats, Magic, Pelicans, Pistons, Kings?

Suns and 76ers look like the only options, and what assets do they have?

Last edited:
I honestly seeing noel dropping to charlotte and jordan taking him smh

I just dont see the upside in nerlens, wish the best for him

Ain't nobody got time to wait for Nerlens. Didn't you hear them? They're going to the playoffs next year.

:lol:

As it stands, Noel SHOULD be back before the end of the year. He'll only miss about the first 15-20 games or so. I expect he'll be practicing before then, but he'll be ready to make some sort of a contribution this season.

I Am hoping For olapido. Pf is not really a need as much as pg and sf.
Olapido isn't either of those, though.

And they have so much invested in Gordon and Rivers, so I don't see it.

He might be able to give a few minutes against some small forwards because of his length and athleticism, but I don't know how long you can get away with, say, Vasquez, Gordon and him out there together.

I still like Aminu a whole hell of a lot, anyway.

I just really want to see them move Gordon and Vasquez, get Bledsoe (and more, obviously), and just turn into a defense-into-offense break team with Bledsoe/Aminu/Davis, and then Anderson spotting up. Knock it off with the slow basketball when you don't have the personnel for it. And, well, it's painstakingly boring.

Last edited:
I'm ******g tired of Dan Gilbert and his son man. I don't care about the Cavs, but I just hate seeing that man happy. A lot of options for the Magic at #2. I mentioned wanting Burke earlier in the thread, but I wouldn't be opposed to McLemore or Oladipo either
I want the magic to get a young pg, but they wanted smart n since he not in the draft they gotta go wit maclemore, too much talent and potential to pass up at #2

Heres another thing, Draft is stocked with big men,
If you don't Nerlens, you can't settle for Len, or Olynyk, or Zeller?

The Cavs are going to get low balled, they give up Nerlens oir they can just eat it take Otto 1.

2013 NBA Mock Draft 3.0
Nerlens Noel
Cleveland Cavaliers
COLLEGE: Kentucky
HT: 6-11
WT: 215
POS: C

Analysis: Noel might be the perfect fit for the Cavs. He could provide them with the type of defensive presence in the middle they really need going forward. And the Cavs can be patient. With Anderson Varejao and Tyler Zeller, they don't need Noel right away. Georgetown's Otto Porter probably is the second-best fit. Unless doctors come back with major concerns about Noel's knee, I think he'll go No. 1 to Cavs.
PLAYER CARD

Trey Burke
Orlando Magic
COLLEGE: Michigan
HT: 6-1
WT: 187
POS: PG

Analysis: The Magic need a point guard but might have been reluctant to take Burke at No. 1. What about No. 2? I think there's a good chance. He's a bit small for his position, but Orlando needs a leader, someone with moxie, and Burke seems like the best fit. Ben McLemore is a possibility here, too.
PLAYER CARD

Otto Porter
Washington Wizards
COLLEGE: Georgetown
HT: 6-8
WT: 200
POS: SF

Analysis: The Wizards need help at the small forward position and Porter, who played his college ball in D.C., appears to be the perfect fit. With two super backcourt scorers like John Wall and Bradley Beal, having a forward who's a facilitator like Porter feels just right.
PLAYER CARD

Ben McLemore
Charlotte Bobcats
COLLEGE: Kansas
HT: 6-5
WT: 195
POS: SG

Analysis: The Bobcats are the big losers, again, in the draft lottery. But if they land McLemore, they might get the best upside player in the draft. The team desperately needs outside shooting, and McLemore might have the best stroke of anyone in the draft.
PLAYER CARD
Victor Oladipo
Phoenix Suns
COLLEGE: Indiana
HT: 6-4
WT: 213

Analysis: The Suns want to change the culture of the organization, and Oladipo is the perfect candidate to do it. He'll impact the game immediately on the defensive end. If he develops offensively? He could end up being the best player in the draft.
PLAYER CARD
Alex Len
New Orleans Pelicans
COLLEGE: Maryland
HT: 7-1
WT: 225

Analysis: The Pelicans got their power forward of the future with Anthony Davis. Could Len be their center of the future? He might be a perfect complement to Davis. He's more a skilled offensive player and should create a massive, young frontline for the Pelicans.
PLAYER CARD
Michael Carter-Williams
Sacramento Kings
COLLEGE: Syracuse
HT: 6-6
WT: 184

Analysis: The future of the Kings has finally cleared up, and the good news for Sacramento fans is that the team is staying put. The bad news? Just about everything else. While there is plenty of talent on the Kings' roster, not much of it fits together. The team ranked 13th in offensive efficiency this year but a miserable 29th in defensive efficiency. Adding someone who can do something besides chuck up the basketball might help. The team's biggest need is probably at small forward.

However, unless they want to add another shoot-first, ask-questions-later player like Shabazz Muhammad, there probably isn't a small forward worthy of a pick this high. Enter Williams. While the Kings do have point guards on their roster, they don't have any that really make others around them better. Carter-Williams is a high-risk, high-reward player. He has elite size for his position, proved to be a terrific athlete at the NBA draft combine and sees the floor well. In addition, he's a rangy defender who averaged 2.8 steals per game last year.

Of the elite NBA prospects, only Marcus Smart averaged more. His lack of jump shot is the biggest concern. But if he develops, he could help the turn around in Sacramento.
PLAYER CARD
Anthony Bennett
Detroit Pistons
COLLEGE: UNLV
HT: 6-8
WT: 240
POS: PF

Analysis: The Pistons' biggest need is at the three, and if Bennett falls this far, I could see Detroit convincing themselves that Bennett could make the transition. While Bennett looks like a power forward, he can really shoot and handle the basketball. He has enough talent to be the No. 1 pick, but his recent rotator cuff surgery has caused his stock to slide just a tad. He'd be a great fit in Detroit and give the Pistons, along with Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond, one of the best young front lines in basketball.
PLAYER CARD
C.J. McCollum
Minnesota Timberwolves
COLLEGE: Lehigh
HT: 6-3
WT: 197

Analysis: McCollum didn't participate in the drills portion of the draft combine, but did show up for the athletic testing and put fears to rest that his foot wasn't 100 percent healed. He measured a 38.5-inch vertical and tested well in every category but the lane agility drill. The Wolves desperately need a shooter. The team ranked dead last in the NBA in 3-point percentage.
PLAYER CARD
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Portland Trail Blazers
COLLEGE: Georgia
WT: 204

Analysis: Caldwell-Pope didn't have a great showing at the combine. His jump shot wasn't falling, and while he tested well in the speed category, his vertical jump wasn't particularly impressive. Nevertheless, multiple GMs told me they think he'll end up be a top-10 pick. He can shoot better than he showed at the combine, and he has prototypical size for the position.
PLAYER CARD
Cody Zeller
Philadelphia 76ers
COLLEGE: Indiana
HT: 7-0
WT: 230

Analysis: The Cody Zeller bandwagon is officially filling up again. All it took was an incredible display of athletic prowess at the draft combine to convince NBA teams who had soured on him to give him another look. Of course, we all knew Zeller was athletic, but few knew he was capable of what he did at the combine. Zeller is trying to make the transition to the four and seems like an obvious fit in Philly -- a team without a legitimate four man on its roster.
PLAYER CARD
Steven Adams
Oklahoma City Thunder via Toronto Raptors
COLLEGE: Pittsburgh
WT: 255

Analysis: Adams might have been the big winner of the draft combine. He physically looked the part of a future NBA center and displayed a better than expected touch on his jump shot. He looked in terrific shape, hustled on both ends of the floor and reminded everyone why scouts saw him as a potential top-5 pick going into his senior year of high school. He's raw and won't find any real minutes on the Thunder. But that's what the D-League is for.
PLAYER CARD
Dario Saric
Dallas Mavericks
HT: 6-10
WT: 223

Analysis: I'm hearing quite loudly from multiple sources the Mavs are likely to trade this pick to save cap room for a run at Dwight Howard this summer. If they keep the pick, the Mavs are as high on Saric as any team in the league. They feel, along with a handful of other teams, Saric might have the highest basketball IQ of anyone in the draft and might be one of the two or three players who could be a star someday. While it's entirely possible the Pelicans or Trail Blazers grab Saric earlier, I don't think he slides past No. 13 if the Mavs hold on to their pick.
PLAYER CARD
Shabazz Muhammad
Utah Jazz
COLLEGE: UCLA
WT: 222

Analysis: The Jazz's biggest need is at the point, but if Burke and McCollum are both off the board, they could look elsewhere. Enter Muhammad. The Jazz also need an elite scorer, and Muhammad is one of the most gifted in the draft. His stock has slipped the past few months, but no one doubts that there still a lot of talent there. This would be an absolute steal for the Jazz if he's still on the board.
PLAYER CARD
Allen Crabbe
Milwaukee Bucks
COLLEGE: Cal

Analysis: The Bucks need a shooter, and Crabbe might be the best one left on the board. Crabbe had one of the best performances of the week at the combine. Not only did he measure with great size and length, he shot the ball as effortlessly as any player at the combine and tested as a much better athlete than expected. His inconsistent effort on the defensive end really is the only major question surrounding him.
PLAYER CARD
Dennis Schroeder
Boston Celtics
HT: 6-2
WT: 165

Analysis: With Rajon Rondo's future up in the air, could the Celtics take the guy who many scouts compare to a young Rondo? Both are quick, long and have huge hands. Both play a frantic style of basketball and both have swagger. The rumors flying around Chicago were that Schroeder had a promise from a team. The Celtics seem like just the sort of team that would try to lock him down.
PLAYER CARD
Mason Plumlee
Atlanta Hawks
COLLEGE: Duke
HT: 6-10
WT: 238

Analysis: Plumlee reminded everyone this week why he once was a highly regarded potential lottery pick. His elite athletic ability combined with a 7-foot frame make him a unique prospect at this point in the draft. At 23, he's a little older than everyone else, but I think a team that wants to fly up and down the floor like the Hawks could love having him on the floor.
PLAYER CARD
Jamaal Franklin
Atlanta Hawks via Houston Rockets
COLLEGE: San Diego St.
HT: 6-5
WT: 191

Analysis: Franklin didn't play at the combine. His ankle was in a walking boot. However, the injury isn't expected to keep him out for long. While the Hawks have a pretty crowded backcourt, I think if Franklin can play some small forward he might be worth the trouble. His infectious energy and athletic ability should give the team a real shot in the arm.
PLAYER CARD
Rudy Gobert
Cleveland Cavaliers via Los Angeles Lakers
HT: 7-2
WT: 238

Analysis: It's difficult to tell whether Gobert's surprise appearance at the combine helped or hurt his draft stock. His standing reach of 9-foot-7 was the longest ever recorded at the combine. It's pretty easy to see what a player with his length could do to protect them rim. However, Gobert seemed a bit out of shape and his athleticism actually ranked dead last at the combine. While it is possible Gobert could go considerably higher than this, there also are a lot of scouts who think he's grossly overrated as a prospect and actually like Brazilian Lucas Noguiera better. We're splitting the difference here at No. 19, but it's very possible that Noguiera could be the pick for Cleveland instead.
PLAYER CARD
Gorgui Dieng
Chicago Bulls
COLLEGE: Louisville
WT: 230

Analysis: Dieng also was in a walking boot for the entire combine process and wasn't able to really help himself. A veteran team like the Bulls would love to have him, however. He's not only a good rebounder and shot blocker, but he also is an excellent passer out of the high post. The team desperately needs size to back up Joakim Noah, and Dieng measured with the second tallest standing reach of anyone in the draft.
PLAYER CARD
Shane Larkin
Utah Jazz via Golden State Warriors
COLLEGE: Miami
HT: 6-0
WT: 171

Analysis: The Jazz still need a point guard, and Larkin looks like the perfect fit. He had a terrific performance at the combine, shot the ball well and tested off the charts athletically with a 44-inch vertical (the second highest ever measured at the combine) and showed elite speed. Yes, he's undersized, but with that athletic ability and range on his jumper, he should be just fine in Utah.
PLAYER CARD
Jeff Withey
Brooklyn Nets
COLLEGE: Kansas
WT: 222

Analysis: The Nets got a great season out of Brook Lopez, but they don't really have a credible backup for him. Withey is unlikely to be a star, but he is one of the two or three best shot blockers in the draft and should be able to come in and play great defense for 10 to 15 minutes a game in Brooklyn.
PLAYER CARD
Isaiah Canaan
Indiana Pacers
COLLEGE: Murray State
HT: 6-0
WT: 188

Analysis: The Pacers learned the hard way what life could be like without George Hill when he went down with a concussion in the playoffs. With D.J. Augustin hitting free agency this summer and the Pacers unlikely to pay him, Canaan could be a potential fit in Indiana. He's strong, quick, athletic and can really score the basketball. The Pacers probably would prefer he was a better shooter, but he's solid from 3 and should be able to step in and play right away.
PLAYER CARD
Glen Rice Jr.
New York Knicks
COLLEGE: Georgia Tech
WT: 211

Analysis: Rice wowed NBA scouts and GMs with his stellar play in the D-League, but came to the draft combine and laid an egg. His athletic ability is terrific, but he didn't shoot the ball particularly well and just didn't seem to be clicking last week. That's hurt his stock. He's going to need strong workouts. However, he seems like a great fit on the Knicks who, after Carmelo Anthony, don't have a lot going for them at the small forward position.
PLAYER CARD
Pierre Jackson
Los Angeles Clippers
COLLEGE: Baylor
HT: 5-11
WT: 176

Analysis: If the Clippers hang onto Chris Paul, they're probably going to have to trade Eric Bledsoe or risk losing him in free agency this summer. The opens up a spot at backup point guard. Jackson might be one of the two or three most exciting athletes in the draft. He proved this season he can really run the point. I think he'd be a great fit in L.A.
PLAYER CARD
Sergey Karasev
Minnesota Timberwolves
HT: 6-7

Analysis: Did we say the Wolves needed shooting? Even if Minnesota lands McCollum, don't be surprised if the Wolves pick even more shooting with their second first-round pick. Karasev is one of the best shooters in the draft and should be able to make a smooth transition from Russia to Minnesota.
PLAYER CARD
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Denver Nuggets
COLLEGE: Michigan
WT: 199

Analysis: Hardaway had one of the best performances of anyone at the combine. Not only did he shoot the ball well, but he brought an intensity with him that few players could match. While the Nuggets have both Andre Iguodala and Evan Fournier at the position, the team needs as much shooting as it can get.
PLAYER CARD
Lucas Noguiera
San Antonio Spurs
WT: 218

Analysis: The Brazilian had a coming out party a few years ago at the under-18 Americas Tournament and then fell off the map for a few years. Lately he's putting up solid numbers in Spain and a number of international scouts have him ranked higher than Gobert. He's rail thin, but he has a great motor and really can block shots. Assuming the Spurs re-sign fellow Brazilian big man Tiago Splitter, the transition could be pretty smooth.
PLAYER CARD
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Oklahoma City Thunder
HT: 6-9
WT: 215

Analysis: The Thunder already have a lottery pick and should feel comfortable enough to roll the dice on the draft's most mysterious player. Antetokounmpo has the size and skill level to be a special point forward in the pros. But he's completely unproven. Completely. He's the perfect draft-and-stash candidate.
PLAYER CARD
Reggie Bullock
Phoenix Suns via Miami Heat
COLLEGE: North Carolina
HT: 6-7
WT: 200

Analysis: Bullock also really impressed at the combine with both his size and shooting ability. He's not going to be an All-Star, but as a big wing jump shooter, he's a very good get at this point in the draft.

Ask the Raptors from the Andrea Bargnani draft, trading down from #1 is hard as **** when you have the number 1 pick in a weak draft.

Tell me, is there a team that absolutely must have Nerlens? Bobcats, Magic, Pelicans, Pistons, Kings?

Suns and 76ers look like the only options, and what assets do they have?

You are forgetting about McLemore man. He's a legit candidate for #1 pick too. From the teams you listed, Bobcats and Pistons would probably pick McLemore ahead of Noel if they were given #1 pick. Then again, they don't really have players that Cavs are looking for.

I don't know, I'm kinda torn. If Noel is brought up properly, he could be the defensive anchor for Cavs for years to come. On the other hand, his injury and thin frame kinda scares me. Cavs don't exactly boast great medical staff to take care of their big men.

Magic draft mclemore and sign jarret jack you got the 8th seed

Jack
Mclemore
Harkless. >>>>> 2013 milwaukee bucks
Tobias
Vucevic

Being terrible another season and a chance at a top pick next year >>>>>>>>>>>>> getting swept by the Heat

If I'm Orlando I say develop and improve but don't You dare win any basketball games

Last edited:
bigJ lowkey about to dip the Knicks to hop on hometown Orlando and their soon to be bright future :lol:

I may be in minority but I think the Mclemore would thrive off kyrie Irving!!!

I don't like Noel in Cleveland .

But what to do with waiters?

You are forgetting about McLemore man. He's a legit candidate for #1 pick too. From the teams you listed, Bobcats and Pistons would probably pick McLemore ahead of Noel if they were given #1 pick. Then again, they don't really have players that Cavs are looking for.

I don't know, I'm kinda torn. If Noel is brought up properly, he could be the defensive anchor for Cavs for years to come. On the other hand, his injury and thin frame kinda scares me. Cavs don't exactly boast great medical staff to take care of their big men.

I just don't relive teams will be falling all over themselves to get a defense three's and athleticism guy. I have a hard time envisioning this, I like Mcelmore, but is Oladipo that pad of a consolation prize, or KCP?

Back
Top Bottom