Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

1. The Sixers won, I don't even like MCW, but they still won. They got the biggest talent in the draft who also happens to play the most premium position in the league C. and a top5 pick in a LOADED draft.

2. Utah won, they got the best PG in the draft, he might be an early candidate for rookie of the year.

3. What New Orleans did was dumb, pulled the trigger too early in the rebuilding process. Jrue Holiday and his 41 million dollar deal ain't worth two possible top 5 picks.

4.Look trading down is really tough in a week draft, the Caavs clearly loved benett and the only trade up candidates like Minnesota or the sixers bennett would have been gone by 9. I don't even think he makes it past the bobcats, who clearly were searching for offense.

Bennett and Karsev is not a bad haul.

Top 5 protected. They wont get a top 5 pick next year. 6 or below

Rookies who will have the biggest impact next season:

1. OPJ

2. Trey Burke

3. C.J. McCollum

4. Ben McLemore

5. Nerlens Noel

6. Victor Oladipo

7. Shabazz Muhammed

8. Anthony Bennett

9. Alex Len

10. Reggie Bullock (my bias sleeper pick)

Honorable Mentions: Cody Zeller, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Michael Carter-Williams, Tim Hardaway Jr.

5199b9fe-965c-4819-b7bd-9e2dd850c06f_Nogueira.gif

bebestern.jpg.jpg

:rofl:

Sixers won big time. Pelicans aren't doing anything exciting next year. Philadelphia can potentially have two lottery picks in the 2014 draft, that is HUGE.

As a sixers fan, I gotta say I love the moves. I think alot of people are overrating Holiday. Ive seen all of his games, and while he is good, hes not a star.

The sixers are gonna be bad, like top 1-4 picks bad. NO will be better this season, but still not a great team. Id say around the 11-12 pick range. So the sixers get 2 first round picks in the top 15, 40 mill in cap space open( not to mention the bunch they already have) and two rookies this year who may or may not turn out to be good( if they are good, even better).

I cant complain with that. Plus the fans didnt go to the games, even when Jrue was here. So its a win win on that front to. Now the fans have an actual reason not to support the team.

Last edited:
wait wait wait... jrue holiday + 2nd rounder for noel + 1st rounder. what am I missing here

mj made that pick back in september. no need to scout or pay attention in general

cavs just plant crabbe on the wing and let him bomb away. if energy levels get low, have the coach shove him

Cavs MIGHT HAVE won the draft

fixed

Bennett is a wild card for me. I love his potential...but potential doesn't win games

But i think we can agree....bobcats lost.....can anyone explain the Zeller choice to me? I heard that in camps leading up to the draft he played center and looked good. But how in the hell did the Bobcats pass on Noel?

fixed

Bennett is a wild card for me. I love his potential...but potential doesn't win games

But i think we can agree....bobcats lost.....can anyone explain the Zeller choice to me? I heard that in camps leading up to the draft he played center and looked good. But how in the hell did the Bobcats pass on Noel?

Michael Jordan. That's the only explanation necessary.

wait wait wait... jrue holiday + 2nd rounder for noel + 1st rounder. what am I missing here

mj made that pick back in september. no need to scout or pay attention in general

cavs just plant crabbe on the wing and let him bomb away. if energy levels get low, have the coach shove him

the sixers had 2 second round picks in this draft. They traded jrue and one of those for noel and a first rounder next year( 1-5 protected)

Sixers won the draft and it wasnt even close IMO. That setup for 2014 :x

it could be potentially 1 of the greatest moves of all time. If noel pans out, and the sixers get 2 top 10-12 picks next year who also pan out

Last edited:
As a sixers fan, I gotta say I love the moves. I think alot of people are overrating Holiday. Ive seen all of his games, and while he is good, hes not a star.

The sixers are gonna be bad, like top 1-4 picks bad. NO will be better this season, but still not a great team. Id say around the 11-12 pick range. So the sixers get 2 first round picks in the top 15, 40 mill in cap space open( not to mention the bunch they already have) and two rookies this year who may or may not turn out to be good( if they are good, even better).

I cant complain with that. Plus the fans didnt go to the games, even when Jrue was here. So its a win win on that front to. Now the fans have an actual reason not to support the team.
I have no issue with tanking for stars, it WORKS. As a fan of a team that did it, I can say that with the utmost confidence. Tim Duncan, LeBron James, Patrick Ewing, Kyrie Irving. IDK if they'll luck out and get Wiggins, but its without a doubt worth the risk. Whats one season in exhange for 7-8 years?

the sixers had 2 second round picks in this draft. They traded jrue and one of those for noel and a first rounder next year( 1-5 protected)

I think he's asking why NO would throw a 1st rounder AND Noel for holiday (and the 2nd rounder, meh). I guess if you think holiday is or will be a lot better than Noel, you'd throw in the 1st. But I don't see it.

Bennett has huge potential but he also has game. The dude balled out at UNLV. Has the ability to shoot off the dribble and has the size to back down. He can pass and if he develops more muscle he can become a beast in the league. I think I'm the only one not surprised by this pick.

Noel and Bismack might have been the worst offensive front court in history. Zeller brings more offense to the table, runs the floor extremely well. He was indiana's best player this past season. I don't think it's that bad of a pick. It's just not "sexy". Don't worry they are in great position in wiggins anyway.

Back
Top Bottom