OFFICIAL 2014-2015 @miamiHEAT SEASON THREAD (31-36) : RILEY GOT DRAGIC....DISCOUNTED!!!!!

Don't have it all yet- that interior D, gotta patch that up, Minny noticed and started to take advantage.

Good game, now for a good game tmmrw against pretty, pretty, pretty parsons and the Mavericks:pimp:

Excellent point. Once Birdman is back and McRoberts and Haslem gets back up to speed our interior defense should improve. That being said, I like how much of a trooper Shawne Williams has been. He's been guarding guys 3 times his size.

Seeing wade split that them throw it down made me feel good :lol:

I had to give Wade a props for that play. Well done....
View media item 1253066

Shabazz is special man... He shows flashes of greatness almost every night. He's so nonchalant about it too :lol:

DevotedEnchantedGrayreefshark.gif

Nice bounce back win for us tonight Heat fam :pimp: love seeing some vintage Wade!

Stupid yahoo FB app didn't put my starting lineup in for tonight :smh: might be up against toon squad if not for that....I'm coming after you tomorrow tho :evil:

Last edited:
McBob looking alot more comfortable,

Got sloppy the second half of the fourth,

and we got took in the paint again, though there isn't much you can do sometimes to stop some of these big guys.

Overall great win.
pimp.gif

Now for Indiana at home... too bad about Hibbert, could still be a good game

The Heat looked really good last night. For stretches the ball movement and offensive execution was picture perfect. When your team scores over 100 points while shooting 50%+ and you get 30 assist, your team is playing great team ball. They are playing with trust and within their given roles... kinda like another Texas team :wink:

Spo has done a great job so far with this new look Heat team, especially considering the schedule they've had so far. 3 back to backs, 4 games in 5 nights against what looks like some talented squads... He puts players in positions to succeed and allows new guys to get acclimated to what the Heat want to do offensively and defensively.

I like how McRoberts seems to be growing the more he plays in the system. Wade (20 pts, 10 assist) and Bosh (20 points, 8 rebounds) are having excellent starts to the season. Deng is your all around guy that can give you whatever is needed. The Heat have a three headed monster at the PG spot (Cole, Napier, and Chalmers) and when one has a good game the Heat usually win.

They still have some holes rebounding, but they managed to get enough rebounds to win the game. Defensively the Heat did a great job limiting Dirk in he 2nd half and completely shut down Parsons :smokin

After watching them through 7 games and knowing that they'll probably add another key piece prior to FA concluding, I truly feel comfortable with the way the offense is forming. Again, I had no qualms nor worries going into this season wondering about the defense. We already knew Spo would've had even D league players suiting up for us playing great defense in the NBA. It was moreso, for me at least, how we would gel offensively. Extremely proud of our guys and moreso proud of Spo and his attention to detail in this new offense!

@TEKtheMAESTRO

Thoughts through these 7 games?

BTW probability of striking big in 2016? Durant, Davis,etc. Plausible?
were looking good. shabazz is ironing out his kinks. wade is coming back to form. ennis is solid. chalmers off the bench was genius. cole is doing well in his role. bosh doing exactly what we all thought he would. deng looks like hes a great role player. mcrob the jury is still out but hes not bad by any means.

i still want to see shannon with a few more minutes tho. but honestly...were looking GOOD. like a very solid team. the real test will come when all these top players with injuries return in a month or 2... but im also impressed with spoelstra's coaching right now. looks like hes completely changed up his style, and i LOVE it.

and i dont think we'll hit big in 2016. durant doesnt seem like the type to up and leave his team to me. davis? who knows. i dont even know who else is up in 2016

Miami...Spurs? Spo is outchea COACHING EM UP! Such a great team to watch, especially when we gel offensively. I'm patiently waiting to see us at full strength with Birdman, McBobs, and Granger all at 100%.

So far, it's been so enjoyable. :smokin

Can't say this team is better without Lebron, but they definitely move the ball better....

Can't say this team is better without Lebron, but they definitely move the ball better....

I agree. Last few years the Heat had spurts where they would move the ball very effectively... especially during that 20+ game win streak a few year ago. But when things got stagnant they Had LeBron as their superstar play maker. Then last year happened. Something was off and I couldn't quite put my finger on it until I saw how the Spurs steamrolled them in in the Finals.

At a certain point the team and Coach Spo began to over rely on LeBron becasue they never recovered from losing Mike Miller and Wade never get into rhythm becasue of the "maintenance program." As a result, when we needed Wade and other role players to step up they didn't have it. Over the course of the season, they never developed those Championship habits. They couldn't even regain the number one spot from a struggling Pacers team becasue they never got to a point where they were playing elite basketball on a consistent basis.

In the end, last year you had a Heat team that was searching for a spark that never came.

I've also noticed that elite teams without a "LeBron" type player seem to be more balanced. Perfect examples are the 2011 Mavs and basically all Spurs teams. Sure they had all stars, but the core of the team relied on ball movement and role players hitting open shots. I think coach Spo took a page out of those teams playbooks and has adopted that play style for this new look Heat.

This team was designed to stretch the floor. When you have veteran guys like McRoberts, Deng, Bosh, Haslem, Williams, and Granger who have length and shooting ability, you have a recipe for success in today's NBA. Couple that with a top defense and you get Championship level play from a team who lacks a "superstar." Only question mark in Granger thus far. Can he be healthy enough to compete when we need him?

Just as well i believe Hibbert is playing tonite(could have sworn I heard he was injured), so it should make for a decent game tonite...

Last edited:
Only watched the 4th quarter, but judging from the box score- evident what happened... hopefully a better game against Hawks who are in-ways similiar to the Pacers in structure, and if no adjustments are made, will kill us on the boards

Have we always been a terrible rebounding team? I mean even during the Lebron era we were always in the bottom of the pile. On another note I've been defending Chalmers ever since his 2012 Finals performance, but I can't anymore. Makes me appreciate Shabazz more, plays within himself and he's very smart. Chalmers is a smart guy, but tries to do too much. I won't put this whole loss on Chalmers though. We were terrible on the boards and FTs. Dang and Bosh left their games in Dallas.

Back
Top Bottom