OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

IDK

the Pirates don't run. 30 SB for the entire team, Marte leads with 13.

In comparison, Dee Gordon has more than their ENTIRE TEAM...George Springer stole bases in the minors, but he isn't running in the MLB, probably bc he is striking out a lot as well. But the team just doesn't run so it'll be interesting to see if they let him.

teams / managers that don't steal are morons. I feel like it is such an under utilized strategy in the MLB

Wil Myers out for two months. Should I drop him? My other OF's are Bryce Harper, Jay Bruce, Angel Pagan, Oscar Taveras and Gregory Polanco

As long as they let him bat lead off, they'll be fine. Nobody likes Clint anymore, I thought he was the best manager in the NL? :lol:

Long term, I'll stick with Polanco. He'll be the most consistent one outta the 3 of them.

why did i have a feeling that jon singleton was going to hit a HR tonight in his first major league appearance
mean.gif
left him on the bench

You don't just skip AAA with a kid who it's pretty obvious still has something to learn.

That's against everything Theo/Jed are building there though. So you sacrifice a kid's growth and education because you have nothing to lose? That's how you get stuck with having nothing to lose for another decade.

Put him in AAA after June and see if he can still make the contact he's making now and maybe try to cut down the K's. Amazing season so far but they want a stud for 10-15 years not Matt Dominguez. Let him marinate.

Nothing to lose, but also nothing to play for. It won't hurt to be patient with him. The one thing I'm always nervous about with young guys is how much they strike out in the minors. Sure, when they make contact, it's usually a hit, but when the get up to the bigs, it's not like hitting becomes easier. Players like that need to learn more plate discipline and selectivity to become, as pro said, less like Dominguez and more of the guy who has a monster ceiling. That's my take, but for fantasy purposes...Call him up! :lol:

Last edited:
i give up:

ortiz

werth

i get (pick 2):

verlander

mike leake

charlie morton

masterson

gallardo

willy peralta

nathan eovoldi

cliff lee

i'm desperate right now for stats (11th/12) so i dont think i can hold lee for that long

im thinking verlander and leake

Back
Top Bottom