OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

For those of you who do keeper leagues. Can you explain exactly how your leagues work? Im the commissioner of my league this year and all my friends want to make it a keeper from here on forward. Currently, I made it so if you want to keep your first round draft pick from this year ie. Lesean McCoy, it will cost you your second round draft pick next year. We are going to do three keepers per team. Is that a sound strategy? I'd love to here other alternatives too.
@Nickthestick91  adopted this as well... My league has a 3 tiered progressive system.  

1 keeper per tier from 1-5th, 6-10th, 11-15th.  

Player X is drafted in the 15th this year, can be kept in the 15th next year... The year after that, he becomes an 11th rounder, and then a 6th.

1st round draft picks are not allowed to be kept at all. and keepers from the 1st tier cost a 1st round pick in their 2nd year of being kept.

Thats a quick breakdown of it and how a couple scenarios work, I'll give you more info if you're interested in that concept.

Found what I posted earlier in the thread... Heres the keeper portion of our rules.
Section 2: Keepers  (See “Keeper Cheat Sheet” below)

A - Keeper Eligibility

1. 3 Keepers are allowed per team per draft. 1 player from each of the following brackets;

1. Rounds 1-5

2. Rounds 6-10

3. Rounds 11-15

1. A player who goes undrafted and is signed from Free Agents will garner a 15th round status if it is decided by an owner to keep that player the following year.

1. A single player is allowed 3 season’s MAX of Keeper status, once he has run his course as outlined below, he is recycled back into the Free Agent pool to be drafted the following year.

1. First year of kept status costs the same draft position as originally drafted.

2. Second year of kept status will elevate the cost to the top of the original keeper tier

1. In the case of a 6th or 11th rounder being kept for their second year, the player will once again repeat their position at 6 or 11 for that year.  The following year the player will move to the front of the next highest draft keeper bracket as outlined in Rules Section 2-A-3-c.

3. Third and final year of kept status will once again elevate said players draft cost to the top of the next highest keeper bracket

2. Regardless of how many years a player has been kept previously, a player may only be kept as a 1st round pick for one year.  Thereafter, the player shall return into the free agent pool.
B - Dropped/Released Players

1. “The DHB Rule”  - If a player is dropped from his original team during the season and has not suffered a season ending injury and clears Waivers - He is then considered to be a Free Agent and will cost a 15th round pick to his new team.

2. “The Harvin Rule”  - If a player suffers a season ending/threatening injury and is dropped by his original team - regardless of clearing waivers, this player must keep his current keeper status. Downgrade in keeper round status will be voted upon by GAFFA Council if the player’s owner is interested in keeping.
C - Traded Keepers

1. If and when a keeper is involved in a trade, he is to stay on his current keeper schedule.  This means if a player is in his 2nd year on the same team and was kept as a 12th round pick, the following year he will become an 11th round pick and then a 6th in the year thereafter if the owner decides to use his keeper on said player.

Keeper Cheat Sheet

[table][tr][td]
Rd. Initially Drafted
[/td][td]
Year 1 Status
[/td][td]
Year 2 Status
[/td][td]
Year 3 Status
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
FA
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

*Cheat Sheet is subject to all rules stated above  e.g.  “The Harvin Rule” and the “The DHB Rule”.

Last edited:
Pro I peeped my team for the Keeper league... My keepers are sooooo garbage. 
sick.gif
 Rodgers is all I got.

For those of you who do keeper leagues. Can you explain exactly how your leagues work? Im the commissioner of my league this year and all my friends want to make it a keeper from here on forward. Currently, I made it so if you want to keep your first round draft pick from this year ie. Lesean McCoy, it will cost you your second round draft pick next year. We are going to do three keepers per team. Is that a sound strategy? I'd love to here other alternatives too.
In the keeper league that I run you have 3 tiers to choose your keepers from.

Tier 1: Rounds 2-6
Tier 2: Rounds 7-11
Tier 3: Rounds 12-16+FA.

You can only keep 2 players, and you can't keep both of them from the same tier.

You're eligible to keep a player for a maximum of 2 years. The first year, you lose the draft pick from the round you took the player in the previous year's draft. For example, if you drafted Gio Bernard in the 6th last year and wanna keep him this year, you lose your 6th round pick. If you wanna keep a player for a 2nd year, you lose 2 draft picks ahead of where he was originally drafted. So staying with the Gio example, if you wanted to keep him again for a 2nd year, you would lose your 4th round pick.

1st round picks aren't allowed to be kept, which in turn makes players kept from rounds 2-3 only eligible to be kept for 1 year. For the most part, this keeps the top players in circulation every year.

Keeping a FA pickup who was originally undrafted loses the pick of the player you dropped to acquire him. For example, last year you dropped Cecil Shorts to pick up Julius Thomas, and this year you wanna keep him. Shorts was drafted in the 10th round last year, so that's the pick you would lose if you kept Thomas.

If a player was drafted but later dropped and re-acquired as a free agent (by the same or different team), he retains his original draft round status if he is being kept.

In order to keep a player, he had to have finished the season on your roster, and you had to have started him in a regular season game. This stops people from hoarding guys in their IR spot or on their bench for a whole season.

It all sounds a little complicated in words but it's really simple when put to use :lol:.

EDIT: Yeah, I modeled my keeper system off of Fraij's league. I brought it up to my boys a week or 2 before draft day and we tweaked it a bit to everyone's liking.

Last edited:
Marvin Jones out approximately 6 weeks with a surgically repaired broken foot.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/291725/marvin-jones-out-few-weeks-with-broken-foot

Sucks. I was targeting him in mid-late rounds. I was expecting a more consistent season from him this year, rather than how boom-or-bust he was last year :\.

Also, it looks like Andre Brown isn't the clear cut handcuff for Arian Foster. Bill O'Brien confirmed today that Grimes is currently their number 2.

Last edited:
Flyer draft in 30 mins btw

edit: nvm timer was messed up

Last edited:
one guy maybe to take a late flier on is deangelo williams.  if  ( just a longshot guess ) the panthers let him go which they would take a salery cap hit , he would look very nice in a colts uniform. i think barner is the best rb in carolina and will be the starter by week 5 or sooner. they have stewart coming back and tolbert to knock people down so just maybe they take bite the bullet here. i think the colts leading rusher is not on the team yet. trich was not worth giving a number one for and as tough of a guy as bradshaw is i just don't see him injury free. just a guess here.

one guy maybe to take a late flier on is deangelo williams.  if  ( just a longshot guess ) the panthers let him go which they would take a salery cap hit , he would look very nice in a colts uniform. i think barner is the best rb in carolina and will be the starter by week 5 or sooner. they have stewart coming back and tolbert to knock people down so just maybe they take bite the bullet here. i think the colts leading rusher is not on the team yet. trich was not worth giving a number one for and as tough of a guy as bradshaw is i just don't see him injury free. just a guess here.
Barner has big play ability, just wonder if his frame can withstand a season's workload as a primary back.

damn texans released andre brown..foster gonna miss games like he always does so thats big

with the texans def if foster can stay healthy ( big if ) there is top 3 rb upside there. there is not a handcuff to draft on this team. it's to the top or freefall here. but in later rounds you can take a few shots with a devonta freeman or barner or another flier for protection. in the leagues i play in there is 26 rounds cause we start (1)qb, (2)rb , (3)wr (1)flex , (1)te,d, k  . leagues with 12 teams it is easier but 14 team leagues test your draft skills. 

First draft of the season. Props to FlyerThanDelta for organizing quickly. 10 teams, standard.

Give myself a B. Room for improvement.

QB Matty Ice
RB Charles
RB Le'Veon Bell
WR Fitz
WR Cruz
TE Pitta
Flex Stacy
D/ST Rams
K Walsh

Bench
RB Trent
WR Hilton
RB Miller
WR Floyd
QB Romo
TE Ertz
RB Hill

Wow ur stable of even is nice. Questions about Cruz and Fitz tho. Hopefully they get it done or ty steps up. Which is highly probable imo

you gotta be happy with that draft. For me personally I am NOT a bell or trich guy but you have a lot of upside guys including Pita which I think will have a very nice year

My squad is kinda meh, lots of question marks/risks on the bench. RB position is a bit weaker than I would have liked.

Overall, I give myself a strong C.

QB RG3

RB Forte

RB Ellington

WR Dez

WR Julio Jones

TE Witten

FLEX Keenan Allen

D/ST Cardinals

K Vinatieri

Bench

RB Vereen

WR Mike Wallace

RB Shonn Greene

WR Eric Decker

TE Jordan Reed

WR Kenny Britt

RB James White

First draft of the season. Props to FlyerThanDelta for organizing quickly. 10 teams, standard.

Give myself a B. Room for improvement.

QB Matty Ice
RB Charles
RB Le'Veon Bell
WR Fitz
WR Cruz
TE Pitta
Flex Stacy
D/ST Rams
K Walsh

Bench
RB Trent
WR Hilton
RB Miller
WR Floyd
QB Romo
TE Ertz
RB Hill

team stinks

gimmie ertz.

Wow ur stable of even is nice. Questions about Cruz and Fitz tho. Hopefully they get it done or ty steps up. Which is highly probable imo
Need your opinion. Would you have preferred Keenan Allen and D-Jax to Fitz and Cruz?

I went Fitz for the safe route. Best hands in the league, reliable. Cruz I think is due for a bounce back year. Nicks out of the picture. Eli needs his security blanket with no viable TE.

you gotta be happy with that draft. For me personally I am NOT a bell or trich guy but you have a lot of upside guys including Pita which I think will have a very nice year
Took a flier on Trent, think it was Round 6. I like Bell's versatility to do damage pass-catching out of the backfield.

Pitta seems to be overlooked with all the love for Cameron, Reed, etc.

My squad is kinda meh, lots of question marks/risks on the bench. RB position is a bit weaker than I would have liked.

Overall, I give myself a strong C.

QB RG3
RB Forte
RB Ellington
WR Dez
WR Julio Jones
TE Witten
FLEX Keenan Allen
D/ST Cardinals
K Vinatieri

Bench
RB Vereen
WR Mike Wallace
RB Shonn Greene
WR Eric Decker
TE Jordan Reed
WR Kenny Britt
RB James White
Self-depricating. Give you an A-. My depth is better but your receivers trump mine by a country-mile. Might rue passing on Allen for Fitz and Cruz.

10 teamer Rck?
Same league as me. 10, standard.

Back
Top Bottom