OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

he's going to have to prove it. Everyone is always weary of players coming off injury, but I think he can be had at great value should he fall into 3rd

Maybe it’s just me but I would be nervous about drafting Spiller and Martin

I’m from DC and Jordan Reed is the most hyped player on our squad

Until he can play for a full season I wouldn’t get my hopes up
I'm targeting Spiller and Ellington as my RB2's in every league.

Not for fantasy purposes, but David Amerson is real.

Good luck with Spiller and Ellington as your RB2....I like them I just don't trust either one of them.

Grabbing Spiller or Ellington as your RB2 is risky, but if they pan out you'll most likely be sitting pretty. Their ADP allows you to fill out other positions with elite players before having to draft them. Personally I'm higher on Spiller than Ellington. If I can get either one of them in the 4th round come draft day, I'll definitely be pulling the trigger.

My ideal draft is Ellington or Spiller at RB2, West as RB3, and Terrance Williams starting in my Flex spot.

Draft Matthew Stafford.

Outside of 2012 dude always goes 3 round later than he should.

In a lot of ESPN mock drafts he's ben taken in the 4th rd. I think he's due for a big yr but I wont take him in the 4th. Rather wait a round and take Luck in the 5th

In a lot of ESPN mock drafts he's ben taken in the 4th rd. I think he's due for a big yr but I wont take him in the 4th. Rather wait a round and take Luck in the 5th
Strictly in terms of value, I prefer Luck, Brady, Matty Ice, and RG3 to Stafford.

Grabbing Spiller or Ellington as your RB2 is risky, but if they pan out you'll most likely be sitting pretty. Their ADP allows you to fill out other positions with elite players before having to draft them.

this isn't true...Ellington at this rate is flying up draft boards and is being draft in the 3rd rd maybe early 4th. Spiller in the 4th as well. So you're not going to be able to really get either one of htese 2 guys as a flex or an RB 3.

this isn't true...Ellington at this rate is flying up draft boards and is being draft in the 3rd rd maybe early 4th. Spiller in the 4th as well. So you're not going to be able to really get either one of htese 2 guys as a flex or an RB 3.
I've got C.J. and Ellington ranked in the same tier but just behind Gio and Murray.

I've got C.J. and Ellington ranked in the same tier but just behind Gio and Murray.

I will never have Murray on my team, I don't trust him staying healthy.

Gio and Murray are in that 3rd tier, back end #1 RBs in 12 team lgs so that is a very fair ranking

Which site does everyone play on? 

I work for one of the major ones -- interested to see which ones y'all prefer and why. 

Testing fantasy games and finding issues is actually my job. 

I work for one of the major ones -- interested to see which ones y'all prefer and why. 

I've done them all and I think ESPN is the best

ESPN is my favorite. I both run and play in leagues on there. The league manager option is awesome. Pretty much everything is customizable. Everything is just so simple and easy when it comes to playing too. Their mobile app is also by far the best one.

I've played on Yahoo and CBS also, but have never ran a league on either of those sites. I've also heard pretty much nothing but bad things about NFL.com's fantasy too :lol:.

I've done them all and I think ESPN is the best
ESPN is my favorite. I both run and play in leagues on there. The league manager option is awesome. Pretty much everything is customizable. Everything is just so simple and easy when it comes to playing too. Their mobile app is also by far the best one.

I've played on Yahoo and CBS also, but have never ran a league on either of those sites. I've also heard pretty much nothing but bad things about NFL.com's fantasy too
laugh.gif
Yahoo only for me
what makes those your sites of choice? 

I can't stand Yahoo... it's just too visually unappealing 

Last edited:
what makes those your sites of choice? 

I can't stand Yahoo... it's just too visually unappealing 
I agree, Yahoo is nasty looking.

ESPN just keeps everything simple. It's really easy to search for/sort/get info on players. It's hard to explain :lol:. They just make it streamlined while also keeping it semi-sophisticated. Clicking on a players name gives you a small popup with weekly point totals/schedule, average points per week, as well as a small writeup on this weeks projection. And on your roster page (as well as the Free Agents page) it gives you all the necessary info on a player as well.

Last edited:
I agree, Yahoo is nasty looking.

ESPN just keeps everything simple. It's really easy to search for/sort/get info on players. It's hard to explain
laugh.gif
. They just make it streamlined while also keeping it semi-sophisticated. Clicking on a players name gives you a small popup with weekly point totals/schedule, average points per week, as well as a small writeup on this weeks projection. And on your roster page (as well as the Free Agents page) it gives you all the necessary info on a player as well.
True. ESPN is very clean and easy to use. 

I work for CBS and we recently did a redesign to our fantasy football ...  it's has a social media base and tries to encourage user interaction with each other all season long, not just close to game days... and as always there's a huge emphasis on customization and league history. 

If y'all have some free time, create a football league on CBS ( cbssports.com/fantasy ) and let me know what you think of the new layout and functionality... we've been updating the app a lot as well...  IMO, I think our app is really dope, no bias... 

Last edited:
why is Yahoo "nasty looking"

Im comfortable with Yahoo, frankly I like the writers and analysts on Yahoo more than ESPN and that factors into things. I have always been on Yahoo and I find ESPN's platform not as appealing. Also laziness probably factors in. Not having to switch sites or have multiple apps to manager a team.

But overall I just like it more, it has never let me down. Their stat tracker is always fun

Yahoo!

More of a loyal customer thing. And as venom mentioned about the analysts. I like the layout when you go straight to the front page of the fantasy section and it has all the info for the analysts on the page and their most recent blogs/articles.

Back
Top Bottom