OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

danny woodhead ate last year in ppr formats...i drafted sproles in the 3rd or 4th and thought i had a steal...

ended up in 2nd place cause the 1st place owner had peyton and woodhead

what are your guys thoughts on sproles' role in philly in chip kelleys offense? 

only valuable in ppr as 3rd or 4th RB? 

Last edited:
danny woodhead ate last year in ppr formats...i drafted sproles in the 3rd or 4th and thought i had a steal...
ended up in 2nd place cause the 1st place owner had peyton and woodhead

what are your guys thoughts on sproles' role in philly in chip kelleys offense? 
only valuable in ppr as 3rd or 4th RB? 

I like him alot..flex option in a 12-16 man league. Would like to see how chip uses him first before starting him tho

16 man league
smokin.gif
mans league

16 man league? My god that would be awful.

actually fun. Makes you really have to manage your team due to have less consistant players and trusting in your low draft picks

Last edited:
Monte Ball seems like the biggest boom or bust pick this year in fantasy. I mean, if Knowshon can have a season like last year in Denver's offense just imagine. I'm still 50/50 on Ball though

Monte Ball seems like the biggest boom or bust pick this year in fantasy. I mean, if Knowshon can have a season like last year in Denver's offense just imagine. I'm still 50/50 on Ball though

i mean..if his adp wasnt so high and he was around that 3rd round value then he'll be perfect. But taking him in the first round?! nah man

dudes can sleep their way to championship in an 8 team league. 

when me and friends started with fantasy football it was a 10 team, went 12 team after the first year ( same with fantasy baseball) 

Did my first ever Dynasty/Keeper draft last night. 12 man league. PPR.

How do yall think I did? Any suggestions?

QB - Brady
RB - McCoy
RB - Montee Ball
WR - VJax
WR - Cruz
TE - Gronk
Flex - Percy Harvin
D - Bengals

BEN - Kendall Wright
BEN - Decker
BEN - Kelvin Benjamin
BEN - Lamar Miller
BEN - Kenny Britt
BEN - Devonta Freeman
BEN - Eifert
BEN - Latimer
BEN - Bryce Brown
BEN - Gresham
BEN - Green-Ellis

if yall doing a keeper league, draft christine michael with one of your very late round picks. Seahawks prolly gonna let lynch walk next year and boom, michael instantly becomes starter

I think Emmanuel Sanders is a real sleeper this year. Can easily see him replacing Decker's production and for his ADP that would be great value.

fantasy sports in general is first all about preparation and how you adapt to the draft. After that it's how attentive you are and a mix of luck and timing

i mean..if his adp wasnt so high and he was around that 3rd round value then he'll be perfect. But taking him in the first round?! nah man

Now that he is out for the entire preseason with the appendectomy I think he'll fall to the middle / end of the 2nd where he should be. I'm a little weary of him because I want him to really prove himself. But he's in a great situation and sometime you just have to trust the pieces around him.

No piece better than Peyton.

I think Emmanuel Sanders is a real sleeper this year. Can easily see him replacing Decker's production and for his ADP that would be great value.

theoretically this should be true...

but

Sanders failed to make an impact with the Steelers when he was with Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. Now he has both Thomas' and Welker to overcome. I think if priced right in the late rounds he's a solid WR 3 / flex. But don't set your hopes too high

Came up with the idea to do a mock draft at every spot...make an Excel spreadsheet highlighting what I do/don't like to do at each spot. That way I can be prepped for any spot on draft day.

I know, I am a nerd.

James White is getting first team reps in New England now. Id probably stay away from their RB committee even though they werent too highly valued anyway.

but

Sanders failed to make an impact with the Steelers when he was with Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. Now he has both Thomas' and Welker to overcome. I think if priced right in the late rounds he's a solid WR 3 / flex. But don't set your hopes too high

I see what you are saying but there is a BIG difference between Ben Roethlisberger getting you the ball opposed to Peyton Manning. Everyone going to eat again in the Denver offense.

but

sanders was still coming into his own when wallace was there, last season was the only year he was allowed to play without a leash and he produced ( 67 reps, 740 yards and 6 tds) solid #'s for a flex/3rd WR

if a few of those 10 td's to cotchery went his way he would be a bit more valuable. 
I see what you are saying but there is a BIG difference between Ben Roethlisberger getting you the ball opposed to Peyton Manning. Everyone going to eat again in the Denver offense.
decker had 87 receptions, 1288 yards and 11 tds last year, those numbers have to go to someone. i dont think J Thomas can stay healthy all year so i think the majority of these #'s are headed to sanders and welker. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom