OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

There's nobody in the upcoming draft worth taking. It's just as bleak as last year outside of Bridgewater, the rest are crap.

2015 is no different. We waste a pick on one of these QB's, we're just throwing yet another pick away.

mean.gif

There's nobody in the upcoming draft worth taking. It's just as bleak as last year outside of Bridgewater, the rest are crap.

2015 is no different. We waste a pick on one of these QB's, we're just throwing yet another pick away.
Mariota? Miller? Petty? other than those three everyone is doodoo. it's not reaching to take miller in the fourth but he will likely stay this year do to the redshirt.

We play at Oakland at 1? That's a 10am kick for them then. Usually west coast games are at 425

View media item 1191727
View media item 1191732

Think we can add this to the perfect pass dropped by Sims for a TD in game 1, the perfect ball dropped by Clay in game 1, the perfect ball dropped by Hartline for a TD in game 2, the perfect ball dropped by Lamar Miller in game 2, and now perfect ball by Gibson in game 3.

5 receivers, 10 hands, all 5 were PERFECT throws, on target, in stride, perfect placement, DROPPED.

Let's get Matt Moore in there tho. ******* bafoons. :rolleyes

I'm not impressed with Bill Lazor through the first 3 games. This offense looks like the same bull#^@^ we saw under Mike Sherman.

Another one where all of Twitter starts shouting, "He holds the ball toooooooo longggggggg"

Well, where would you throw it? :lol:

View media item 1191813

Again, Matt Moore fixes nothing. All this **** everyone keeps blaming Ryan for, need to talk with the guys that actually have coaches film. As you can tell, this guy is not abusing Ryan at all, he sees what Ryan sees, and what can you ask a guy to do more than what he's doing.

Unrelated, if Ryan would have slipped out of this pocket (he got tripped up at the LOS) , he would have had a nice gain. But 5 guys in the pattern, not a single one of them was even close to open.

For those that want a new QB next year, these are your only real options.

Marcus Mariota, OR 6-4 215
Jameis Winston, Fla St 6-4 230
Brett Hundley, UCLA 6-3 220
Bryce Petty, Baylor 6-3 225
Sean Mannion, OR St 6-5 225
Connor Cook, Mich St 6-4 220
Kevin Hogan, Stanford 6-4 230

I like, none of these guys really. If I HAD to choose one, I like Cook from Michigan St. But that's not saying much. None of these guys will be better than Ryan next year, or the year after. So if you want to go this route, you're once again talkin about multiple years of waiting, and not even being sure, yet again if he's the guy.

We're better off using the pick on other talent (Safety, LBer, OG, RB, etc)

Also, Matt Moore's contract comes off after the year, that's another 4-5 million we can spend on other parts.

Get a new head coach, and use our assets better, then Tannehill will benefit from it. Better to go that route, than scrap him, and start over. We'll see.

[COLOR=#red]My thing about him holding the ball too long... which I think he does, but that's because he can throw at least half out of bounds or at his outlets feet... He also needs to check for his check down more often than not. Why he doesn't do either and takes a sack I have no idea. Mariotta is going number 1... I want none of them on the Dolphins. I do like Brett Hundley though. [/COLOR]

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 2m
Really think the #Dolphins would be 2-1 or even 3-0 if they copied the #Cowboys offensive approach rather than doing what they've done.

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 1m
Miami tried throwing deep on 2nd-and-1 and 3rd-and-1, down 21-15 in 4th QT. Run the f'n ball. @evansilva

Not sure about the Cowboy approach, but what Scott says is what matters.

#BlameRyanDoe

Dan Marino: Not evaluating Philbin or Tannehill

Special advisor Dan Marino on Tuesday gave the most comprehensive explanation of his role with the Miami Dolphins since being hired in August and it most definitely does not include reporting to owner Stephen Ross on head coach Joe Philbin or quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

In talking about his new role Marino shot down a report by Bleacher Report that stated the Hall of Fame player is this season evaluating Tannehill and Philbin and was "not impressed" with Philbin -- particularly the coach's handling of Tannehill.

"This whole thing with the thing [Bleacher Reportt] said, there's not once in this whole situation where Mr. Ross has asked me, 'Hey you have to sit down and evaluate Joe Philbin or Ryan Tannehill,'" Marino said by phone. "My whole thing from the beginning has been to support on the football side, be excited about being back in the organization and as far as the community stuff, working on the sponsorship side -- things like going over to meet with some of the sponsors in London. And that's really it.

"I don't know where [Bleacher Report] got this information."

Marino has met Tannehill and had dinner with him once. But he has not been with Tannehill a lot. The two have never been on the field together, Marino has never thrown with Tannehill nor tried to coach Tannehill.

And that's not likely to change in the near future.

"That's not my role," Marino said. "I'm going to be around and be supportive. I'm just happy to be back and be part of the organization. But none of that other stuff."

Joe Philbin STILL will not name Ryan the starter, even tho Ryan says he was told he was starting, and Matt Moore says he has not taken one single rep with the first team offense, but Philbin still says he's sticking to his guns.........

If they lose to the Raiders, before the bye week, Philbin won't be coaching the GB game.

Joe Philbin STILL will not name Ryan the starter, even tho Ryan says he was told he was starting, and Matt Moore says he has not taken one single rep with the first team offense, but Philbin still says he's sticking to his guns.........

If they lose to the Raiders, before the bye week, Philbin won't be coaching the GB game.

I hate to say I hope we lose to the Raiders, but if it means Philbin is gone...

But does Philbin's approach bother Tannehill?

"Honestly, yes," the quarterback said. "Does it feel good to deal with all the distractions that have been created? No. But that's life. You face distractions and you face adversity in life. You have to be able to handle it. You have to be able to fight through it and become a better player because of it. So here we are and we're getting ready to play."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

Back
Top Bottom