OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

why you put my post?

Al Golden had better success than Will Muschamp

and I capitalized "NOT SAYIN it will happen but I can see it..." as far as him bringing miami somewhat back 

*shrugs*

Last edited:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...eonte-carroo-allegedly-slammed-woman-concrete

"Including Carroo, seven current or former Rutgers players have been arrested this month."   
eek.gif

idiot
Should just give that trash program the death penalty then kick them out of B1G
mean.gif

And I thought Tennessee was "back" this year, that's all we heard all summer
laugh.gif
been hearing it since Dooley 

Strong's best move now is to get the hell out of Austin. He's gone too far, put in time and payed his dues. He'll be back to coordinating if not

New Orleans AdvocateVerified account ‏@theadvocateno  4h4 hours ago
LSU coach Les Miles offered John Chavis $5.4 million deal night of Music City Bowl game http://ow.ly/Sgqbz  
 Chavis refused the $1.8-million-a-year offer during a meeting with Miles and Miles’ lawyer in the team’s hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. Chavis had decided weeks beforehand not to return to LSU because of a contract dispute involving a clause in his contract, and Miles knew Chavis was leaving his staff in the weeks leading to the bowl game, documents say.

The clause “would allow LSU to terminate Chavis’ employment in the event Les Miles’ employment (is) terminated with LSU,” documents show. The contracts of all other LSU assistants include the clause.

Chavis was promised by Miles when hired that his contract at LSU would “mirror that of his contract with Tennessee and rollover automatically every year,” the documents say. As a result of that agreement, Chavis turned down other jobs, he claims in the documents.

Miles, Chavis and Alleva were expected to meet in “early December” to discuss the contract dispute, but the athletic director never showed, documents say.

“Alleva advised Miles that he was busy and that Chavis had a contract on his desk,” the filings say.
 Chavis, meanwhile, continues to contend that an LSU official  altered his contract after he signed it and before it was approved by the LSU Board of Supervisors. Chavis is requesting a jury trial, documents show.

Last edited:
Strong's best move now is to get the hell out of Austin. He's gone too far, put in time and payed his dues. He'll be back to coordinating if not
what he look like leaving Texas and going to a smaller program voluntarily?
laugh.gif

Last edited:

what he look like leaving Texas and going to a smaller program voluntarily?
laugh.gif
Honestly quitting would be his worst move.

Even if he is fired, another program would scoop him up on the spot. Miles could be fired by Texas today and hired by a struggling SEC or ACC school tomorrow. Why quit?

Last edited:
Who said Tennessee was back?

And the talent is definitely top tier again.

And losing to Oklahoma in 2OT is proof a team isn't back?

:lol:

Why can't you guys just say you where wrong about Golden and want him out...

My feelings about the Golden hire at the time, pulled directly from Nako's post:

Looks like Golden will be our new coach, so much for making a huge hire. Florida loses their coach, goes after only one guy and two days later he accepts their offer. We go after every single established big name head coach in the country, have every single one laugh in Kirby Hocutt's face so we end up settling for Temple's coach. Boy has this program fallen.

I was right at the time. You lowball good coaches and you'll end up with Fat Al Golden.

Last edited:
:lol: playing to many night games so the team dosent have as much time to prepare I forgot bout that one

Honestly, I think most fans just want a change, including me. The best part about the Independence Bowl, my first Miami game, was the bar I went to after the game; met some cool as* dudes from Florida that also thought it was time for Al to leave. I'll take Strong. 

What about the rest of you? Would you be alright with strong?
I'd be fine with him. They just can't mess up this next hire after the 3 previous hires were trash. Whoever it is, they just need to get it right.

It's also perfect timing with the scholarship and visits sanctions ending after this year. The new coach will be in a good spot. 

Last edited:
Unfortunately for Charlie, that's a legitimate possibility...

But they won't fire him this year... It'll be next year.

Back
Top Bottom