OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Turns out JT was just operating a dumpy old trail blazer while intoxicated.

Last edited:
:lol: that return was crazy, but it shouldn't have stood. And please guys, stop calling it the "greatest play in Miami Hurricanes history." It was against Duke, and we're still 5-3. Glad we won but calm down folks.

Last edited:
Not sure how I would feel about Rich Rod. I always thought for years that if we had him here combined with Bud's defense we would EAT in the ACC. Wouldn't be as enthused about the hire now though. Neither him nor Bud are very good recruiters and Bud has let our talent level/depth slip significantly; I said going into the season our D had some possible weak spots but I didn't see it being this bad. Everyone is too small and running QB's kill us.

I still think Bud is a great coach but recruiting is part of the job too and our scheme/system doesn't put any front 7 guys in the league and gets manhandled against elite teams.

I'd be cool hiring Herman, Fuente or Campbell, a good OC and a lot more recruiters on staff if we keep Bud. But if we had the chance to hire a guy like Kirby Smart as head coach and that meant Bud had to go, I wouldn't mind at all.

:lol: that return was crazy, but it shouldn't have stood. And please guys, stop calling it the "greatest play in Miami Hurricanes history." It was against Duke, and we're still 5-3. Glad we won but calm down folks.
The game shouldn't have got to that point anyways it was over when Artie had the INT.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB  52m52 minutes ago
Hearing that #UGA power brokers & big dogs now asking questions/talking about potentially moving on--unlike ever before in Mark Richt era.
 Word in the scouting community is Notre Dame could have as many as four first round picks coming from the 2016 draft. Nick Martin is the surprise senior projecting as a potential top 32 selection along with Ronnie Stanley as well as juniors Jaylon Smith and Will Fuller. The most recent word is both underclassmen will enter the draft. I’ve been told for a while Smith will opt for the NFL once the season is complete and recently heard the same on Fuller.

Will Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch declare for the draft? I’d say its about 95% “go” for Lynch at this point and that’s being cautious. I’m told members of Lynch’s inner circle have been meeting extensively with agents and its just a matter of the quarterback staying healthy for the rest of the season.

Sources tell me barring injury offensive tackle Germain Ifedi will likely enter the draft. I rank the Texas A&M junior higher than most and at this point grade him as a mid-to-late first round pick.
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=10957

Nebraska's AD has already issued a "vote of confidence" for Mike Riley.  Same guy who hired Golden at Miami. 

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Hearing that #UGA power brokers & big dogs now asking questions/talking about potentially moving on--unlike ever before in Mark Richt era.

3583ee70-22f8-11e4-91f2-03992a47bfad_RichtDiveGft.gif

He'd get the program back on track which is what Miami needs right now.  Some other guys might have higher upsides, but he's probably the "safest" coach they could get. 

Tried to tell y'all the loser of that Tenn/UGA game would probably end up getting canned.

I would take Richt right now, Shotty Jr can't be the OC tho.
The thing about Richt is how come he doesn't win more big games.
Pruitt is probably too expensive, I wonder if UGA would make him the HC.

Last edited:
:lol:  

No to Richt. He's going to do a better job at a place with less resources? I'll pass. 
easier schedule , and he's put as many quality players in the league as almost anyone so recruiting will be a cake walk . but even then I agree ..I'm OK looking else where

Last edited:
Planned Coliseum stadium renovations (ahead of Raiders and Chargers moving) :

Coliseum.jpg

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Coliseum Renovation plans announced[/h1]
THE CONTENT

by Garry Paskwietz

The renovation plans for the Coliseum have been announced after the university board of trustees approved the plans and submitted them to the Coliseum Commission. Once approved by the Commission, the full project launch will be announced in spring of 2016.

Here’s our initial thoughts after reviewing the plans:

* Very understated. A lot of stadium renovations around the country can remove some of the charm from the original building but it looks like a good job was done maintaining much of what makes the Coliseum special.

* First and foremost on that list is the Peristyle. It is great to see a clean look once again returned to the Peristyle, without being blocked by temporary suites or signage boards. The Peristyle is supposed to be restored to more closely reflect the original stadium design.

* The basics: new seats, handrails, larger aisles, increased leg room. All good.

* The main addition will come on the south side with the structure that will house the suites, loge boxes and new press box. This is where the money will come from to largely pay for the total upgrades, and those who pay will get the perks. This will also be a critical element to judging how the renovation is viewed because this addition will take up a lot of space on the south side.

* I’m not a huge fan of the fact that the “sun deck” will stay but that is a minor issue.

Here are some other details on the plans:

* Will reduce seating capacity to 77,500. I’m not a big fan of reducing so much from the current capacity.

* Cost of $270 million, with that being privately funded through naming and sponsorship, capital gifts and non-USC events.

* Construction will begin after the 2017 season and will be finished for the 2019 season. USC will be able to play in the Coliseum in 2018.

* Student/band seats will not be moved.

* Updated wi-fi, sound system and 2 new video boards.

Methinks a both coaches jobs are on the line in UGA-Tenn on Saturday
That lil W got you going full ******
Lol no. Mark Richt ain't going nowhere.
butch is gone mane
Well really guess it was just the homer in Cardo and the resident know-nothing in Nako, but still. 

Oh and speaking of Know-Nothing Nako, how many more scheduled losses does my team have left?

Back
Top Bottom