OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Real original Udeze

I thought I had seen it all with Michigan fans but now they are calling for Harbaugh to change recruiting strategies... Most frustrating fan base to be tied in with... Spending less and less time following the team because of their message boards and the crap it is filled with.

Change it how?

Real original Udeze

I thought I had seen it all with Michigan fans but now they are calling for Harbaugh to change recruiting strategies... Most frustrating fan base to be tied in with... Spending less and less time following the team because of their message boards and the crap it is filled with.

Change it how?

People are getting all bent out of shape because a couple of recent decommitshave been told (for one reason or another) to look elsewhere or their spot is no longer guaranteed. Their main issue is the proximity to signing day is leaving these kids with little time to find a new landing place. But according to some in the know, these things shouldn't be totally out of left field for the commits.

I choose to believe it's a vocal minority.
You on TheWolverine or GBMWolverine.com ????

I'm not, but message boards like that are the definition of vocal minority.

I was thinking today about if this is really a big deal, because for as much as some are flipping out about it on say, mgoblog, nobody here had mentioned it.

Last edited:
That's the business. If someone wants to come aboard late that you feel can help you more, o well. Gotta find somewhere else. Don't see how people get upset, kids commit and de-commit all the time. There's no binding contract.
If a kid is smart, he continues all of his relationsips with other coaches and teams and Takes all his OVs

It's a good learning experience, cover all your bases and have options! Always

Last edited:
All schools do this, literally. Only magnified when people want to use it as click bait or to negatively recruit against others. It just so happened that Michigan had a string of kids announce that they didn't have a spot over the course of a few days. 

Dantonio deleting tweets where he was throwing shot at Harbaugh. 
laugh.gif

Real original Udeze

Change it how?

People are getting all bent out of shape because a couple of recent decommitshave been told (for one reason or another) to look elsewhere or their spot is no longer guaranteed. Their main issue is the proximity to signing day is leaving these kids with little time to find a new landing place. But according to some in the know, these things shouldn't be totally out of left field for the commits.

I choose to believe it's a vocal minority.
You on TheWolverine or GBMWolverine.com ????

I'm not, but message boards like that are the definition of vocal minority.

I was thinking today about if this is really a big deal, because for as much as some are flipping out about it on say, mgoblog, nobody here had mentioned it.

Nah not all the recruits. Stewart Mandel talked about how one kid in particular had had his spot guaranteed to him as recently as a few days before Harbaugh pulled his offer and Harbaugh never communicated it to him. He had Drevno (who I think was the one who told him he was solid, unless I'm mistaken and it was Harbaugh who had told him that) contact him to tell him they were no longer honoring the offer.

It's dirty and foul, but it's also par for the course in D1 football.

I think with some of these kids in particular the uproar is because they committed early and stayed solid when Michigan was down with Hoke and other players wouldn't touch them and this looks bad PR wise.

Last edited:
Division 1 Football programs take away scholarship offers from commits without an injury?

Is this a fairly new thing?

Last edited:
Also Michigan is over signing SEC style. Not every coach does that. That's also a big part of the complaints.

Also Michigan is over signing SEC style. Not every coach does that. That's also a big part of the complaints.
Where have the oversigning complaints been? It's been purely about "dropping" kids from what I've seen so far.

Nah not all the recruits. Stewart Mandel talked about how one kid in particular had had his spot guaranteed to him as recently as a few days before Harbaugh pulled his offer and Harbaugh never communicated it to him. He had Drevno (who I think was the one who told him he was solid, unless I'm mistaken and it was Harbaugh who had told him that) contact him to tell him they were no longer honoring the offer.
From what I've read, that's false. I think you're referring to Erik Swenson, who the staff made several efforts to get to campus for one of the camps to workout, visit him at school to workout, etc. He was a Hoke commitment that held over if I'm not mistaken. All of the decommits had plans laid out to them, whether it's academic or performance based.

Swenson refused to be evaluated in person by the Harbaugh staff

Weaver had been told to look around a while back, they just now actually told him it was a 50/50 chance

Michigan is not oversigning, theyre dropping kids so that they do not oversign

What do you mean?

The only guy that got medically DQ'd and pushed out when he still probably could have played was Pipkins.  The rest of the guys who have been pushed out were RS Jr's who didn't get their 5th year renewed, which is a fairly common practice. 

Some of the EE's are getting counted towards last years class, which is going to allow them to sign 28. 

Lol listen Michigan fans, I'm not trying to shade or start problems. I was just chiming in with what sports writers and Twitter and boards have been saying.

Kids claimed they were told they were in and then dropped with little warning. RS Jrs or whoever pushed out and critics saying they're over recruiting cuz they're bringing in close to 30 or so.

I'm not making the stuff up, was just replying.

Y'all are quick to swarm. I don't want no beef was just answering a question :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom