OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Cali's always been part of Nebraska's recruiting footprint.

I'm sure old heads like Tom O wish they never left. He was getting cold feet before they left the Big XII. If anything I'm sure they wish the old Big 8 never expanded but I'm not sure that was any more sustainable than SWC

If he was getting cold feet it was because they were at a point of no return. Nebraska had been trying to separate themselves from the Big 8 schools since the 80s, same with Colorado.

ACC just signed a major deal with ESPN to get its own TV network, similar to the SEC, Pac-12, and Big Ten.

UCLA to the Big 12 
nthat.gif

It's not a possibility.

Neuheisel is the one trolling.
I don't think he has said one positive thing about ucla since he was fired
I do agree that the LA schools should maybe entertain meetings with the Big12/B1G if only to put some pressure on the rest of the Pac come next bargaining. The Pac12 needs UCLA and USC (athletically) way more than they do the rest of the conference.

But I don't think a move to the Big 12 is actually beneficial to them. They'd still be at a lower split for the next ten years there (I believe) and the Big 12 is on the verge of dissolution itself. Now, those schools joining could make all the difference but, I don't see it happening from a practicality stand point. If anything they should pull an ND.

It's not a possibility.

Neuheisel is the one trolling.

I don't think he has said one positive thing about ucla since he was fired

I do agree that the LA schools should maybe entertain meetings with the Big12/B1G if only to put some pressure on the rest of the Pac come next bargaining. The Pac12 needs UCLA and USC (athletically) way more than they do the rest of the conference.

But I don't think a move to the Big 12 is actually beneficial to them. They'd still be at a lower split for the next ten years there (I believe) and the Big 12 is on the verge of dissolution itself. Now, those schools joining could make all the difference but, I don't see it happening from a practicality stand point. If anything they should pull an ND.

You mean both UCLA and USC going independent?

^ Yeah. The way the Pac 12 contracts are set up, there's an even money split between each school (again I believe) but there's a greater benefit to all the non-Cali schools playing in California, specifically Southern California, than there is the other way around.

USC and UCLA wouldn't care if they never play Wazzu or Oregon State again. Wazzu needs to play those schools once a year.

------------

Bill Snyder was talking about Nebraska when he made that "two schools want to come back" statement.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/...a-rivarly-questions-huskers-big-ten-happiness

Back
Top Bottom