OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Sonny ****s better be smart enough to keep that whole Mizzou defensive staff should he land there

probably replace them all with offensive assistants.

didn't one dude on that mizzou staff recruit all those d lineman? thought someone posted an article on him recently.

Mullen was lukewarm on the job, so it's all over the map with that one. At this point, we'll probably never know how that truly went down, but I can say with certainty it was never close to getting done.
Moving along ... As mentioned, I'm still thinking Durkin the likeliest hire, with Locks and Reich as wildcards.

Didn't Pruitt and Richt have a rift of some sort just a couple weeks ago? Why would he go to Miami?

And among the 65 power-five schools, Syracuse ranks among the bottom third in institutional support.

According to federal data recently released as part of compliance with Title IX regulations, Syracuse ranked 46th out of the 65 schools in the amount of money the school put toward its football program last year.

Syracuse spent $19.8 million on its football team in 2014-15 according to the Title IX data, just over a third of Alabama, which led the country in football spending at $51 million.

That spending was down from the $23.6 million spent on the football team in 2013-14. The football team's revenue generated, meanwhile, rose from to $38.5 million to $41.8 million.

Syracuse ranked ninth out of the 14 ACC teams on the list in spending on football last year.

While the numbers are not a perfect comparison because schools use different accounting methods, they serve as one of the only methods available for taking a broad look at the country's public and private school athletic budgets. The expense numbers include the value of scholarships, where private schools typically exceed public schools.

Still, the financial figures could explain why Syracuse spent this season with the lowest-paid football coach in the ACC and presumed top choice Scott Frost wound up with the $18 million budget at Central Florida of the American Athletic Conference, and not the $19.8 Syracuse is spending in the ACC.

:lol: Frost was on the local radio show today taking fan questions and the first two questions were about uniforms. :rofl:

At least he said names are going on the backs of jerseys and uniforms are a great recruiting tool.

Thats how much Oleary deprived the fanbase of anything concerning unis. :smh:

Last edited:
Durkin sounding more and more likely to head to Maryland.. No clue who he would take of the staff or what recruits would leave

UCF: Scott Frost has a five-year deal with an option for a 2-year extension, worth $1.7 million in the first year. The salary pool for his assistants will be $2.3 million. Athletic director Danny White says that Frost was offered a higher annual salary, but wanted a higher pool for his assistant coaches.

Last edited:
^wait so now who's telling the truth about the 'Cuse fallout?

Was it the supposed $1.2m offering or the contract length, "Frost wanting 2" and Cuse not budging off 5? :nerd: I guess we'll never know.

and $2.3m for the staff is :pimp: hope we can hire a defensive guru and genius recruiter with that money.

Last edited:
Can Miami hurry up and hire Richt? Now I'm hearing bs about him actually interviewing at UVA, please tell me that's not actually a realistic possibility...

Bill Connelly ‏@SBN_BillC  1h1 hour ago
S&P+ averages by conference

SEC +8.6
B1G +7.6
ACC +6.9
B12 +6.3
Pac-12 +5.3
AAC -1.0
MAC -2.8
MWC -4.5
CUSA -7.2
Sun Belt -7.5

Bill Connelly ‏@SBN_BillC  1h1 hour ago
S&P+ averages by division

SEC-W +14.4
ACC-A +9.5
B1G-E +8.9
B1G-W +6.3
P12-N +5.8
P12-S +4.8
ACC-C +4.4
SEC-E +2.8

AAC-W -0.7

Schiano was also rumored to be a finalist for the opening at Southern California. If USC had lost to UCLA this past weekend, there is a strong possibility that he would have been named the head coach of the Trojans.
Damn, I would've loved to see that meltdown if true.  
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom