OFFICIAL 2015 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS OFF-SEASON THREAD (Lance, PP, Josh Smith, Aldrich - pretty nice l

I've always been a fan of his since OU. but come on man, he has to do this against my team?

Sidenote: I have no idea how y'all stand the NBA thread. Between Chris Paul and Blake Griffin slander, I'd probably get banned if I was a Clippers fan

I've always been a fan of his since OU. but come on man, he has to do this against my team?

Sidenote: I have no idea how y'all stand the NBA thread. Between Chris Paul and Blake Griffin slander, I'd probably get banned if I was a Clippers fan

It's a challenge, man. That's why I don't really go in there during games. I wait until they're over.

laugh.gif
 It's all fun to me man. Can't take the internet too seriously. 

also, i think i goes without saying but "i come in peace". please don't get me banned from here :lol:

just like to check in and here the opposition's thoughts.

i come in peace. if cp doesn't play game 3 then he must've played through something bad in that game 7. always have been a fan of cp since he almost beat the lakers by himself w/ the hornets. hate ballmer.

:lol:  It's all fun to me man. Can't take the internet too seriously. 

I try not to take it too seriously either, but guys like Chester and sea manup are so relentless and over-the-top with the slander that I can't help being annoyed by it sometimes. But yea, for the most part, its all fun.

Houston did a great job of making Blake's catches harder in the 2nd half. He didn't have virtually any clean catches, if he got the ball at all. Then, on the rare occasion he did get the ball, they were either doubling on the catch, or he catching it very far from the basket with the shot clock winding down. We played too much basketball against the clock in the 2nd half.

The hope is that with CP back in game 3, we can move away from such an iso-blakecentric offense that we morphed into in the second half. Blake has improved leaps and bounds as a one on one offensive player, but with CP he can actually get the ball on the move, and his catches as a result should be much easier since CP is a huge threat when they play two man basketball.

Also, hopefully JJ redick can get some cleaner catches and looks with CP in the lineup tomorrow.

Also, don't let the blunder at the end of the game fool you. And i'm a bit bias here, but you have to loveee what Austin Rivers has brought us through the first two games.

If nothing else, his confidence should be there and this should allow us to be able to spell CP3 a bit throughout game 3, should he play. It won't be complete panic mode if he sits out in the middle of the 2nd quarter, or the start of the 4th or something like that. These two games will do wonders for Austin and Lester as this series progresses, hopefully.

Houston did a great job of making Blake's catches harder in the 2nd half. He didn't have virtually any clean catches, if he got the ball at all. Then, on the rare occasion he did get the ball, they were either doubling on the catch, or he catching it very far from the basket with the shot clock winding down. We played too much basketball against the clock in the 2nd half.

The hope is that with CP back in game 3, we can move away from such an iso-blakecentric offense that we morphed into in the second half. Blake has improved leaps and bounds as a one on one offensive player, but with CP he can actually get the ball on the move, and his catches as a result should be much easier since CP is a huge threat when they play two man basketball.

Also, hopefully JJ redick can get some cleaner catches and looks with CP in the lineup tomorrow.

started putting dwight on blake and he couldn't bully dwight.

then put ariza on blake and blake couldn't run point forward anymore because ariza not getting beat by blakes 7th grade handles :lol:

interesting to see what changes in game 3

started putting dwight on blake and he couldn't bully dwight.

then put ariza on blake and blake couldn't run point forward anymore because ariza not getting beat by blakes 7th grade handles :lol:

interesting to see what changes in game 3

You guys definitely defended him better in the second half, but I also think part of the drop off in numbers was him not being aggressive enough. He was passing up shots he was drilling in the first half. (In fact, he was in such a zone in the 1st half that I actually was kind of annoyed when halftime rolled around. :lol:) But then again, we got away from a lot of stuff that was working in the first half. Some adjustments will need to be made, but Blake needs to keep attacking no matter what.

Chris Paul comes back semi healthy and Rockets can't defend Blake the way they did last night. Should also create open looks for JJ. We'll see how CP looks tomorrow :nerd:

People killed GM Doc all year, and our bench is looking the deepest it's have been all year at the perfect time.

^^^ Yeah. Aside from Austin's outburst, the most surprising development last night was Hawes having a productive stretch when the game was still close. If we can continue to get contributions from him it will only make us that much better off because it will probably mean a few less minutes for Blake. I won't get my hope up too high though.

Gotta take care of business Sunday. Don't want to let these guys hang around

Was drunk as ***last night, celebrating my mans bday. Saw the box score one time in the club and thought I was seeing stuff. Namely Austin going off lol.

Woke up this morning and that **** was still true. Wow, that's big of him going forward. Dude seemed to gain some confidence this playoffs and I know his Pops is loving it. Must be a great feeling. Then I saw in the bar that D. Rose banked in a game winner? What a night :pimp:

How did Cp3 look health wise? Was he moving gingerly? Or should he be straight going forward?

Last edited:
Was drunk *** ***last night, celebrating my mans bday. Saw the box score one time in the club and thought I was seeing stuff. Namely Austin going off lol.

Woke up this morning and that **** was still true. Wow, that's big of him going forward. Dude seemed to gain some confidence this playoffs and I know his Pops is loving it. Must be a great feeling. Then I saw in the bar that D. Rose banked in a game winner? What a night
pimp.gif

How did Cp3 look health wise? Was he moving gingerly? Or should he be straight going forward?
He should be straight going forward. Austin's play allowed Doc to not overextend CP, and it was almost as if it was another shootaround for him in a game setting. Still got to his spots at the midrange, still orchestrated some good stuff, namely JJ getting off and hitting blake when he was rolling to the rim. Didn't appear CP was laboring on it, and he looked much better as the game went on.

Was drunk as ***last night, celebrating my mans bday. Saw the box score one time in the club and thought I was seeing stuff. Namely Austin going off lol.

Woke up this morning and that **** was still true. Wow, that's big of him going forward. Dude seemed to gain some confidence this playoffs and I know his Pops is loving it. Must be a great feeling. Then I saw in the bar that D. Rose banked in a game winner? What a night :pimp:

Bruh...I was a mess by the 4th quarter. Lost my car keys. Just ordered my Austin Rivers jersey.

Not that this matters much at all, since they had the Spurs with a higher probability of winning the title than the Clips, but for the first time All Season / Ever ESPN's NBA BPI Playoffs projections ranks LAC as the favorites to win the title. Go figure. 

- In any event, today is a must win for LAC, considering they would have the Homecourt if they won. No need to extend this series farther than it has to go, and put yourself in terribly tough conditions. 

- The bench as the postseason progresses has been a fantastic spark for the Clips. Really, this is the best it's been at all year and it isn't even close. Hopefully Austin can come in and continue to play aggressive (Not necessarily scoring as much as he did in game 3) and Jamal can stay away from the contested long 2's / 3's. Spencer Hawes looked great last game and if i'm Doc I may have to call his number again today as well. Big Baby has been a constant in the postseason for the Clips from his energy and defense perspective. (Although dwight is killing him this series, as expected) Just need the bench to play with energy and pace, but responsibly. Good shots, good dives to the rim. We have a blessing in that we have two shot manufactures now in the 2nd unit that can break someone down off the dribble, hopefully that continues to bold well for LAC.

- DJ got in early foul trouble in game 2. Blake got in early foul trouble in game 3. Gotta stay away from that today. Unnecessary fouls messes up our rotations and puts us at a disadvantage obviously. Limit that.

- 3's. Clips virtually unbeatable when they make 12 / 14 3's. Can win without them, but it's much harder with them.

- Continue to keep Harden off of the line. 

thoughts?
Harden hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been great. In particular he's turning the ball over a lot, and is defending terribly. Houston is a plus 2 with him off the floor. Now obviously that doesn't mean they are better without him, but it alludes to how bad he's been on the defensive side of the floor.

Also, he hasn't been very good offensively when the game is in the balance. Can't have any team go on a 23-0 run against you. He's also got to find a way to get to the free throw line. In losses he's totaled 11 free throw attempts.

Not that this matters much at all, since they had the Spurs with a higher probability of winning the title than the Clips, but for the first time All Season / Ever ESPN's NBA BPI Playoffs projections ranks LAC as the favorites to win the title. Go figure. 

View media item 1527438

- In any event, today is a must win for LAC, considering they would have the Homecourt if they won. No need to extend this series farther than it has to go, and put yourself in terribly tough conditions. 

- The bench as the postseason progresses has been a fantastic spark for the Clips. Really, this is the best it's been at all year and it isn't even close. Hopefully Austin can come in and continue to play aggressive (Not necessarily scoring as much as he did in game 3) and Jamal can stay away from the contested long 2's / 3's. Spencer Hawes looked great last game and if i'm Doc I may have to call his number again today as well. Big Baby has been a constant in the postseason for the Clips from his energy and defense perspective. (Although dwight is killing him this series, as expected) Just need the bench to play with energy and pace, but responsibly. Good shots, good dives to the rim. We have a blessing in that we have two shot manufactures now in the 2nd unit that can break someone down off the dribble, hopefully that continues to bold well for LAC.

- DJ got in early foul trouble in game 2. Blake got in early foul trouble in game 3. Gotta stay away from that today. Unnecessary fouls messes up our rotations and puts us at a disadvantage obviously. Limit that.

- 3's. Clips virtually unbeatable when they make 12 / 14 3's. Can win without them, but it's much harder with them.

- Continue to keep Harden off of the line. 

Agreed on all counts. And I'm not sure how I feel about the media/general public finally acknowledging we have a chance at this thing. I think I'd rather continue to be written off. But I guess beating the defending champs in an epic 7 game series is bound to earn a team some respect.

And, man, Blake has really established a high standard with his play in these playoffs. 22-14-4 last game and I didn't think he played all that great. :lol: Keep it up Blake.

Back
Top Bottom