OFFICIAL 2015 M!AM! DOLPH!NS SEASON THREAD (6-10) / NEXT:

1rWBqVO.gif

But nah, let's keep him in the doghouse all season!

Next season we might as well give Dion Jordan a shot with a real coaching staff too

Jason Cole saying Ross is considering axing Tannenbaum and Hickey?

:lol: I would LOVE if he gave everyone the Donald Trump treatment, just fire everyone. Including yourself, Stephen. :lol:

Read that last week. This staff has done nothing... literally nothing... to improve this team...

Why keep any of them around?

Last edited by a moderator:
spent so much money on a d that gave sd they 1st rushing td since week 1

cant afford to keep nobody now im sure 

spent so much money on a d that gave sd they 1st rushing td since week 1
cant afford to keep nobody now im sure 

I would gut out everyone. I don't want guys like Koa Misi and Sheppard on my team. They make Wheeler and Dansby look like Zach Thomas and Junior Seau

Get rid of Grimes, too expensive. We need a ball hawking safety that can actually cover TE's, next to Reshad. We need to gut out every CB, they're all scrubs. The talent evaluators are so bad at their jobs that they went into the season thinking these mops would contend for a division title.

Then the offense is a mess. I would look to upgrade every freakin position on the line. 2 injury prone Pro Bowlers, Pouncey and Albert, not long term solutions. The OG's are atrocious. James maybe swings to LT next season?

TE's are meh, Cameron is overpaid or under utilized in the passing game. WR's are fine. Pay Miller. Find competition for the QB, no more Matt Moores and Pat Devlins behind the starter.

The most I have seen is Shula and Payton.

At this point... I'd rather hire a Mackenzi type to get in as GM. A real football guy (what Tannenbaum is supposed to be) buffering between Ross and the Dolphins.

Have him hire the coach and so on...

I've been a Kevin Sumlin fan forever. It won't happen. Payton is probably the way to go. And with that he will pick his GM and so forth...

It's so hard to say what the hell is going to happen though.

Payton, Sumlin, Shula, Mangini, the list will go on by black Monday I'm sure. It's just a mess...

At this point, I kinda want to get a little bit crazy.

The roster is too weak as a whole, we won't be able to truly overhaul all 53, so to me, the closest unit to completion is the offense. So I would say finish that first. Then focus on Def the year after and beyond.

Cut or resign at much lower cost
Wake
Grimes
Albert
Jennings
Cameron

For all I care, they can walk away.

Draft LT, and LG round 1 and 2. No joke.

Re-sign Matthews and Miller.

We have Tannehill
Miller/Ajayi
DVP, Landry, Matthews, Stills
Sims + resign Cameron cheap, or draft one in rd 3
LT, LG, Pouncey, Turner, and James

Tannehill would literally be the oldest player, at 26-27. Give them a real HC and OC, and the offense is real, and usable.

The D would still suck, but can't fix both sides in one year, so do what you can.

Suh and Jones. Re-sign OV. Philips in year 2. Jelani Jenkins. That's 5 usable starters.

Maybe Coples comes back? Or this new guy Moore. Will Dion Jordan be back to use?

Whatever money we have left over, sign any FA's you can. Then use rounds 4-5-6-7 to grab anything you can find. DE, LB, CB, S.

Then the following year you can use every single pick on defense. All 7 rounds. Add multiple players to every level.

We might lose games next year 31-21, but at least we'll have a real core on O, and then just focus rebuilding on Def the next 1-2 years.

And that's off the top of my head. What if the money we save on Albert, Wake, Grimes, Misi is considerable? Maybe we get lucky and get an extra piece, like a LBer, or an extra Safety to play with Jones, etc.

But get me a modern NFL Head Coach that can coach an offense, give me real lineman on that Oline, and I think we can make use of RT, Miller, DVP, Landry, Stills, Ajayi, Matthews, etc. With terrible coaching, and no Oline, we're just wasting our time. :smh:

Brees can't play outdoors.
Has no oline.
Has NO defense.
No running game...

Sound familiar?

I honestly don't care right now. I could do a write up similar to CP, but I'm mad as sh-t at this team. This whole organization is dog sh-t. I have seen one good thing (signing Suh) follow by 100 bad things (this entire season. Offense. Defense. Play calling. Disorganization. Etc.)

I'm just waiting until black Monday at this point.

One, do you think the dolphins overpaid for suh?

No.
It's a prime player in his prime.
By the next two seasons his contract will be below market value.
They front loaded it there for it doesn't hurt the cap. (Posted that write up weeks ago).

Same with Tannehill.
The contract is Very team friendly.
Of all the QBs getting resigned or going to be resigned, the Dolphins won.

I do, absolutely..tannehill too

In due time, team will be rid of both underachievers. I want this organization to start from zero. The 7-9/8-8 every year is no better than 3-13/5-11 abyss. Blow it up Ross, or sell the team.

In due time, team will be rid of both underachievers. I want this organization to start from zero. The 7-9/8-8 every year is no better than 3-13/5-11 abyss. Blow it up Ross, or sell the team.
I predict another decade of mediocrity/worse than mediocrity
laugh.gif

That playoff win happened with Jay Fiedler, but your stupid *** wants to blame a younger, better QB, than he was with not even close to the same talent around him. :lol:

Underachiever. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That playoff win happened with Jay Fiedler, but your stupid *** wants to blame a younger, better QB, than he was with not even close to the same talent around him. :lol:

Underachiever. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:lol: And yet Jay Fiedler was never close to 8th picked overall, never got to throw to guys like Mike Wallace, Jarvis Landry, and DeVante Parker, let alone a Brian Hartline or Rishard Matthews.

Chambers, McMichael, and Oronde Gadsden?? C'mon dude, what would "Tan Marino" be doing with that core? James McKnight gonna be lighting up Bill B's defense? :lol: (Don't bring up Ricky, please)

We'll just leave that alone. The year Fiedler broke his finger on a helmet, that dude was gonna lead us to the #1 seed in the AFC. Only season I saw him look like a Pro Bowler. We get Ray Lucas in there and he promptly set us back to the stone ages on offense with that cluster #%^#$^

Yes, Taylor, Bowens, Gardener, Armstrong, Thomas, Rodgers, Marion, Sustain, Madison, Buckley, however did that team win games??????????

Surely Ryan has the same team backing him up.

Not to even compare coaching staffs.

But hey, blame one player, makes ya look smart.

Yes, Taylor, Bowens, Gardener, Armstrong, Thomas, Rodgers, Marion, Sustain, Madison, Buckley, however did that team win games??????????

Surely Ryan has the same team backing him up.

Not to even compare coaching staffs.

But hey, blame one player, makes ya look smart.

Obviously in hindsight Wanny looks like the better coach, and nowhere am I not blaming 40 other guys on this team, but give Jay credit... he was playing well and we missed the playoffs because we lost him that season. That was a Super Bowl team without Ray Lucas messing up

Classic finnnns right here.

Jay Fiedler: age 29 thru 33
62 Gms, 58%, 11K yards, 66 TD, 63 INT, 178 yards a game, 76.8 rating, sacked 107 times.

Ryan Tannehill: age 24 thru 27
62 Gms, 61.7%, 14+K yards, 85 TD, 53 INT, 238 yards a game, 84.8 rating, sacked 177 times.

Hypes Fiedler, wants Tannehill thrown in the garbage.

Omar would be proud of you man. Job well done.

62 Gms, 58%, 11K yards, 66 TD, 63 INT, 178 yards a game, 76.8 rating, sacked 107 times.

62 Gms, 61.7%, 14+K yards, 85 TD, 53 INT, 238 yards a game, 84.8 rating, sacked 177 times.

Classic CP, jumping to conclusions. No one cares about the stats so put them away, or up you know where. I zeroed in specifically on the 02 season and you're comparing their numbers. If you knew me back then, you would know I wanted Wanny out the door because he kept sticking with Jay, BUT... before he got hurt that season, he was playing extremely good football. I'm guessing you followed the team just as closely back then but maybe I'm wrong...

Last edited:
Mike Wallace 36 catches, 440 yards, 2 TD
Brian Hartline 46 catches, 523 yards, 2 TD
Brandon Gibson, out of the league

They suuuuuuuuuuure are feasting without Ryan Tannehill holding them back. Boy lemme tell ya.

Rishard Matthews, a 7th round draft pick, has 43 catches, 662 yards, and 4 TD's. And he's missed 3 games.

View media item 1337276

Classic CP, jumping to conclusions. No one cares about the stats so put them away, or up you know where. I zeroed in specifically on the 02 season and you're comparing their numbers. If you knew me back then, you would know I wanted Wanny out the door because he kept sticking with Jay, BUT... before he got hurt that season, he was playing extremely good football. I'm guessing you followed the team just as closely back then but maybe I'm wrong...

Oh, even better. :lol:

2002 you say.

When Ricky Williams was on the team. THAT Jay Fiedler "led" team? :rofl:

Ricky, Taylor, Zach, Madison, Surtain, Bowens, Marion, Ogunleye, all in their primes. But Jay Fiedler tho. That team is comparable to what Ryan deals with now? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Joe Philbin, Lazor, Dan Campbell, and Kevin Coyle led team. With old Grimes, old Wake, broken OLine, zero linebackers, and coaches that can't figure out how to use Miller or Cameron, or how to get anything out of their first round pick, second round pick, or fifth round pick(s) or their fourth round pick that got benched two games into the year?

He has Suh, and Reshad Jones, and a solid WR core.

THAT'S the comparison you wanna go with finnnns? :lol: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom