OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everyone saying who's going to guard Steph, but who's going to guard Lebron. No one on the Warriors is going to hold him down and make him have Harden games. This series will be won on which team shows up the most. Steph and Bron are going to get theirs, now can they get their teammates to get some is the question. That's where this series will be won. Steph and Bron will provide the daggers.
Ummm...we have Draymond, Iggy, Barnes, at times even Klay. I think those guys are more than enough to do a decent job whereas the Cavs have literally NOBODY that can guard Steph. Like others have said, Bron will not be able to guard Curry. That's not even really a knock on Bron, it's just Curry is THAT good!
I mean you can't be serious with this. How would Klay hold down Lebron. And I get it Steph can get his no one is denying that, but so can Lebron. All of a sudden Bron is stoppable because Curry can shoot 3's and the warriors have the front line of the 80's Celtics. WTH

Steph Curry is great. The Warriors are great. But at the end of the day, this is the NBA Finals. First time for pretty much everybody on the Dubs. You never know if the stage is too big and bright for being first timers.

Dwight Howard after being eliminated by the Warriors: "No matter how the season ends, I’m still a champion." http://t.co/sdXQtyu4wm
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) May 28, 2015

Ummmm oh :lol:

I told y'all he isn't built right. His mentality is his biggest issue. He's content. It doesn't pain him to lose. That's why his numbers don't impress me. He's capable of more than what he already does. He doesn't seem to care enough to max out. IMO

I mean you can't be serious with this. How would Klay hold down Lebron. And I get it Steph can get his no one is denying that, but so can Lebron. All of a sudden Bron is stoppable because Curry can shoot 3's and the warriors have the front line of the 80's Celtics. WTH

Yeah, I was probably trippin on that one, now that i think about it...but anyway, point is...we got 3 able bodies that are pretty good at defending, with one, Draymond, being a REALLY good defender.

I'm happy for Andre Iguodala. He took a bunch of criticism over the years from stupid people who acted like he stunk and acted like it was his fault he was given the contract that he had and was put in a role he wasn't suited for. But he was one of the best perimeter defenders in the league for many years and I'm glad he found a key role on a Finals team. He showed his worth last night with the job he did on Harden.
Iggy aint out of the woods yet. It's a situation where the further you advance, the more opportunity there is to get slandered. He'll be the main scapegoat if the Warriors lose the series

If you look at posts throughout each series you'll see several "Iggy is washed" "Iggy is trash" "Get Iggy out" "Iggy=Manu" posts

I'm happy for Andre Iguodala. He took a bunch of criticism over the years from stupid people who acted like he stunk and acted like it was his fault he was given the contract that he had and was put in a role he wasn't suited for. But he was one of the best perimeter defenders in the league for many years and I'm glad he found a key role on a Finals team. He showed his worth last night with the job he did on Harden.
Iggy aint out of the woods yet. It's a situation where the further you advance, the more opportunity there is to get slandered. He'll be the main scapegoat if the Warriors lose the series

If you look at posts throughout each series you'll see several "Iggy is washed" "Iggy is trash" "Get Iggy out" "Iggy=Manu" posts
iggy almost let them back in the game last night...kerr saved him from himself cuz he was melting

took them free throws looking like vc in Orlando

Last edited:

Yeah, I was probably trippin on that one, now that i think about it...but anyway, point is...we got 3 able bodies that are pretty good at defending, with one, Draymond, being a REALLY good defender.
So now they are PRETTY good. Yes Warriors have great defense, for sure, no one is denying that, but to say they're going to guard Lebron and hold him down and Curry is like Jesus walking on water is just silly. It's like when the sports world thought Joe Dumars could hold down MJ. We all know how that turned out.

klay is an inch shorter and heavier than DC

dont see why he wouldnt be able to slow lebron down for stretches 

Remember the other day when I said this GS team reminds me of a potential new running of the Bulls?

Well GS is the first team since the 91 Bulls to get to the Finals without any players with previous Finals experience.

Damn I'm good.

Last edited:
Pretty even matchups this Finals
Bogut=Mozgov
Draymond>TT
Iggy/BarnesIrving

GSW Bench is better than the Cavs bench slightly though
GSW in 7

do they play with different rules in the finals or something?
Dead at "At the end of the day this is the NBA Finals" 
roll.gif

Cleveland will field 7 men at a time and the Warriors will have to play without Kerr every other quarter. This is the NBA Finals, let's be real here, Steph is in trouble 

I told y'all he isn't built right. His mentality is his biggest issue. He's content. It doesn't pain him to lose. That's why his numbers don't impress me. He's capable of more than what he already does. He doesn't seem to care enough to max out. IMO

I think it does pain him to lose. More so than Harden. At the end of the day, he made it to the WCF. Lucky or not. Dwight is what he is, at this point. His offensive game/tough will never improve, but he's still a beast on D. Been a beast the past two years. Playoff Dwight is legit.

steph too cool bruh. and he has faith. don't underestimate that. I'm sure the homie will pray, and leave it in God's hands. That's really the best way to do anything. It takes the pressure off of you. Dude will be cool as the other side of the pillow. Warriors just have to play their game and they'll win. Cavs have to play better than their game. The wild west is where it goes down at b. this red dead redemption.

I think it does pain him to lose. More so than Harden. At the end of the day, he made it to the WCF. Lucky or not. Dwight is what he is, at this point. His offensive game/tough will never improve, but he's still a beast on D. Been a beast the past two years. Playoff Dwight is legit.

I won't argue that. He's a legit NBA big/good player. It's my own expectations of what he could be that forms my opinion.

Dead at "At the end of the day this is the NBA Finals" :rofl:

Cleveland will field 7 men at a time and the Warriors will have to play without Kerr every other quarter. This is the NBA Finals, let's be real here, Steph is in trouble 

Warriors pulled away last night, but they didn't look comfortable, considering what was at stake. We saw it with OKC a couple years ago. Usually there's some growing pains. I dunno, we'll see.

What about the real fans that booed management for trading away Ellis for bogut?

I was definitely one of them, along with a ton of others, but you're talking in present time now. Go back to when they made that trade. Steph was coming off of numerous ankle injuries looking like he was gonna break down at any moment. Steph was pretty much a injury prone player at that time which is the reason why he's playing on the contract he's on right now. Then you throw in Bogut, who has been a injury prone player his WHOLE career and you figure, damn, there could be times where BOTH could be out. Add that to the fact that Monta was a fan favorite, more so for the way he played hard EACH and EVERY night that it made a ton of sense why people were angered by the trade.

It was definitely a high risk, high reward trade and I'm just glad it payed off.

As disappointing as the playoffs have been outside of Spurs/Clippers im so damn happy we got this Finals match up. And with the way this entire year has gone including the playoffs w/ injuries I am so damn happy there's going to be a week break.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom