OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
this dude really crying though 
roll.gif

chris paul jr is more of a man than this clown 

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/intentionally-fouling-deandre-jordan-is-futile/

A good article that piggybacks his points or he piggybacks their points

I think what Bosh is overlooking is the type of minutes played

Defensive minutes are generally harder to play than offensive minutes

If you are intentionally fouling the other team they cant tire you out as much on defense

Meaning a guy like Duncan isn't having play as many hard defensive minutes

Therefore you can potentially play him more

Also the Spurs weren't really scoring on the fast break, so set vs un set defense wasnt really a factor

Last edited:
Imo the only time you should be using hack a Jordan is if you are down 10+ near the end of the half or the game, other than that it seems dumb.

a. The shooter only has to go 45-50% to beat expected value for half court possession.
b. Offensive rebounding, further lowers the break even point at the line.
c. the fact that teams are way more efficient after getting an offensive board vs scrambling takes it down again.
d. you then have to scor against a set defense in the half court lowering your own expected value on you offensive possessions.

Unless someone is shooting sub 35% from the line it doesn't make sense.
I remember Scott Brooks decided to hack Omer Asik a couple of years back in the playoffs. Mind you Asik was shooting like 60% that year. I think he ended up making like 5/8.

Scott Brooks, man. :lol:

Funny thing is this is the only team besides houston where pop could exploit hack a shaq. not that big a deal

There's less than 2% of the league this works against, it's stupid to change something for that.

Last edited:
Yea rondo also. But I mean it's kinda like harden ft cheese or pitch outs or intentional walks in baseball. Sucks to watch and kinda lame but hard to take it out the game

I really can't believe that people are still campaigning for a rule change that affects like five nba players. Stop catering to their weakness these guys should just go learn how to make free throws then they wouldn't be subjected to This. It's that simple.

Whether a player makes $1 or 1 million has no relevance to us as a viewer. Try to find me one person that actually enjoys watching that **** for 20+ minutes. And it if it only effects a handful of players then what's the harm in changing the rule? We don't have to watch that crap anymore and it's not a big impact in the game. It's a win-win situation. The League is trying to make these games finish in less than 2hours so there's no doubt this rule will change in the off-season.

Last edited:
Whether a player makes $1 or 1 million has no relevance to us as a viewer. Try to find me one person that actually enjoys watching that **** for 20+ minutes. And it if it only effects a handful of players then what's the harm in changing the rule? We don't have to watch that crap anymore and it's not a big impact in the game. It's a win-win situation. The League is trying to make these games finish in less than 2hours so there's no doubt this rule will change in the off-season.
i enjoy watching players fail at fts and cost their team the game

or the slander a coach gets when the strat doesnt work

so really its a win win for the viewers 

It's on TNT...and they know drama.

If they do change it they're rewarding players for being piss poor at the easiest part of the game.

Last edited:
I really can't believe that people are still campaigning for a rule change that affects like five nba players. Stop catering to their weakness these guys should just go learn how to make free throws then they wouldn't be subjected to This. It's that simple.
You can't forget that the NBA Players are entertainers first, basketball players second.

With that being said, this isn't desirable basketball for the consumer to watch. For that reason alone I definitely feel like they'll look into it this summer. 

That being said, it's been a great two games. There were a litany of things to be encouraged by. Loved our offensive execution and over 2 games we've really defended the spurs attack as good as you can. If Duncan does that 3 more times then we will for sure lose, but I don't see it. I definitely don't think this loss was anything to sweat. Beating the defending champs is hard, it's tough work. Game 2 was going to be a dogfight. Game 3 is pivotal. We've played well there this season. Look forward to seeing what we do on the road this weekend. 

My bad meth and co., had to say my piece about the series :lol: if it's disrupting the community in any way, shape or form let me know and I will refrain from posting.  
Any mods that see this, my apologies. Will refrain from posting if its construed as me disrupting the community in any way. Not my intentions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom