Official 2015 New York Giants Thread VOL: Odell Beckham > *

It's been a long time since the Mets were competitive close to the football season. Season hasn't even started yet anyway!!!

Offensive line play looked a lot better vs a tough Jaguars line, you just hope the offense can continue building on the positives on how the season ended.

I don't put much stock into preseason or how certain players look, you just have to have concerns about the defense and the injuries at this point.

And Cruz needs to get on the field

Preseason doesn't mean anything, I'm just keeping my eyes focused on the Oline and some parts of the defense. Nice having Prince and Collins out there together for some drives.

Pugh and Flowers looks good on the left side, even center was good, just need to see improvement from the right.

Hopefully Cruz and Randle will be ready come week one, offense has a lot of potential.

2015 SCHEDULE

DATE OPPONENT TIME

Sep 13 @Dallas 8:30 pm
Sep 20 Atlanta 1:00 pm
Sep 24 Washington 8:25 pm
Oct 4 @Buffalo 1:00 pm
Oct 11 San Francisco 8:30 pm
Oct 19 @Philadelphia 8:30 pm
Oct 25 Dallas 4:25 pm
Nov 1 @New Orleans 1:00 pm
Nov 8 @Tampa Bay 4:05 pm
Nov 15 New England 4:25 pm
Week 11 BYE
Nov 29 @Washington 1:00 pm
Dec 6 N.Y. Jets 1:00 pm
Dec 14 @Miami 8:30 pm
Dec 20 Carolina 1:00 pm
Dec 27 @Minnesota 1:00 pm
Jan 3 Philadelphia 1:00 pm

Last edited:
Even though he hasn't been in the league long nor been on the field in general, maybe Louis Nix III needs a change of scenery. As a Texan, he was injured for a full season, and played all this preseason. Seemed to just not work very hard in practice from what I read and heard, and O'Brien seemed to just lose patience with him after awhile. Maybe it'll be different in NY.

how much do the giants have in their pocket far as cap room? my estimate is at least 8 mil. giants should have signed mathis and moved pugh to RT that OL would be much better than what we have now. we have too much talent on this team to have 8 mil in our pocket and weak OL and no depth. if we have a losing season i put it on poor management of signing players on reese
i'm ok with the defense if beason is playing we will be around avg at worst.

Defense and OL are trash.

Brought back Craig Dahl, he's 100% garbage.

Released Stevie Brown, he's gotta be bad if he can't make our team.

I want to bring back Nicks for cheap. He's familiar with the team, can't be that bad. He's better than Preston Parker, maybe better than Randle. Can't stand Randle.

I want Andre Williams and Larry Donnell cut, waste of roster space.

Last edited:
Andre Williams adds some depth, and donnell would probably be a backup, there is opportunity. Nicks is nowhere near as good as Parker at this point.

The offense line has looked a lot better in preseason, it will be a continued work in progress but the left side and center looked solid.

Lots of question marks, but lots of potential as well especially offensively.

Last edited:
I definitely want him back. His last season with us he had 96* yards. He's better than any of our 4th options. He might be better than Randle. And he would be dirty cheap.

Last edited:
I just don't remember going into a season without having 1-2 premier pass rushers, they are relying on too many things to go right for them.

I can see games where the offense will actually have to carry the team, and I expect a usual up and down season.

.500 record is very realistic imo

I haven't watched one bit of pre-season, been waiting for this Sunday game anxiously though.

From the way it sounds in here our defense has actually gotten worse.

I'm expecting 7-9 this yr and I think that's being optimistic. The schedule doesn't look too bad, but we don't have enough good players. Just have to hope all these guys we've drafted recently can be legit starters in the NFL now that they're getting a chance to play. The oline is worrysome, but we do have 3 recent high draft picks in flowers/pugh/richburg that can hopefully develop into a decent core. Schwartz is good when healthy, as is Beatty so it's a work in progress but one that could be potentially decent in the future. Besides that no big issues on offense, besides Reuben Randle, who is one of my least favorite Giants of all time. Poor performer, bad attitude, and I've never seen so many miscommunication INTs w/ any player in my life. I still don't understand what in the world he is better than James Jones at, but feel like Reese has hung on to him and Jayron Hosley in an attempt to try to prove that he got 2 rosterable players from the 2012 draft.

Defensively, we're a mess but there is some hope w/ young guys like Damontre, Owa, Bromley, and Hankins (who already is a top notch DT) on the line and Kennard, Collins. Tho we really are putting alot on Kennard/Collins bc we basically have no competent safeties or LBs besides them. i'm just assuming Beason will never play again, and tbh he has lost a step if not 2 or 3. I guess you could say Brinkley is an avg LB, and maybe Reese knew something about JT Thomas and Casillas the rest of the league didnt when he massively overpaid them. But it'd be great to see either Damontre or Owa emerge and Collins be a playmaker bc we're going to need that going fwd. We'd really only be 1 lb, 1 safety, and a nickel corner away from being ok next yr.

And it does seem like we have more cap room than in years past, but my guess is they roll it into next season bc they know we need to sign jpp/jpp's replacement, resign Prince, and likely 1-2 impact players on defense. Either way i'm looking fwd to seeing Cruz get back on OBJ play. Hope its a good yr

I haven't watched one bit of pre-season, been waiting for this Sunday game anxiously though.

From the way it sounds in here our defense has actually gotten worse.

Lot of new blood but we'll see how it goes, Giants are asking a lot from the young guys to step up, sometimes it works out or it can blow up in your face. Hope the hunger is there, looking forward to seeing Collins, Prince and DRC working as a unit

Good job keeping Eli for another four years with the extension, well deserved and good to keep the franchise QB. Hopefully he retires a Giant

Our corners are good, we have pretty much two starting rookies at safety. That's not good at all.

No LBs, no pass rush. Our defense is trash. Luckily, Dallas' defense is trash. So both offenses should put up points.

Happy we're just about done with Eli's extension. Good to see he'll retire a Giant.

Last edited:
They should but Dallas has the best Oline in the league by a mile, i expect to see Romo go untouched . if the Giants Oline can match the effort, they should be able to match scores

Doubt Cruz plays either, did not practice yesterday

4 yr extension for eli. how do you all feel about this? think the giants should've moved on. this year isn't gonna be that great. might as well start now

Back
Top Bottom