OFFICIAL 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Why would you ever bench Melvin? His usage is throught he roof. If theyre up, they will run it with him. If theyre down, he will get the checkdown balls for passing yards.

In my 2QB league I'm benching Philip Rivers (@ Denver) and rolling with Trevor Siemian and Brian Hoyer. It's 6pt/pass TD and QBs have been averaging just 14 fantasy points against DEN. Plus the fact that it's a Thursday game and they're usually stinkers (although Siemian is also playing Thurs.). I think it's worth the "risk" to bench a stud in this situation.

>D  I might roll with Hoyer to be honest.

@ Jacksonville too.

He's been BALLIN :lol:
Crazy thing is he's barely targeting Alshon Jeffrey. His numbers could be so much better :lol:.

I disagree about Melvin Gordon though. While his yardage numbers are atrocious, he's still been a good player this season. Their O-Line is terrible so he's pretty much forced to take what's given to him. He's shown some nice power and tackle breaking ability but there's not much he can do when the guys in front of him don't block. His pass game usage and carry stranglehold in a good offense make him a must-start every week imo. Especially with the way RB has pretty much been a crapshoot all year. And Denver is actually giving up some points to RBs this season.

Last edited:
I just don't see it.

Short week RB dependent on scoring for points against Denver
grin.gif

His usage is overrated.

He's not getting Zeke usage.

@KC 14/57 2 TD

Jax 24/102 1 TD

@Indy 16/35 1 TD

NO 19/36 2 TD

@Oak 16/69 0 TD

Take away his TDs he's pedestrian at best.

My thought is Gordon has guaranteed volume against a tough D. However, if the eagles D is able to control the game then Mathews should have volume. If its more of a shootout then Mathews will be phased out.

Melvin Gordon is like Lamar Miller but with a touchdown in every game.

Gordon's been really inefficent but he's the only guy in that backfield & gets goal line touches.

I just don't see it.

Short week RB dependent on scoring for points against Denver >D

His usage is overrated.

@KC 14/57 2 TD
Jax 24/102 1 TD
@Indy 16/35 1 TD
NO 19/36 2 TD
@Oak 16/69 0 TD

The thing is, he's almost guaranteed to get a TD (not necessarily tonight, just saying on a game-by-game basis). He leads the league in red zone carries (24) and also has 3 pass targets inside the 10yd line. Since they lost Danny Woodhead in week 2, he's averaging over 22 touches per game (on 19 carry/5 target per game averages). He's gained 70% of his yards AFTER contact this year. 70%!!! :lol: If he can start breaking long runs those box scores will look a lot better.

I'm not necessarily arguing against your point that you should bench him tonight (although I do disagree :lol:), I'm more so arguing against your "sell high" statement. With a stranglehold on ALL carries, pass targets, red zone/goal line work in an elite offense, I'm not selling Gordon at all.

Last edited:

I just don't see it.

Short week RB dependent on scoring for points against Denver
grin.gif

His usage is overrated.

@KC 14/57 2 TD

Jax 24/102 1 TD

@Indy 16/35 1 TD

NO 19/36 2 TD

@Oak 16/69 0 TD

Do you actually watch him play or just read box scores?

Need 2 for standard league...

Tavon Austin @ DET
Mike Wallace @ NYG
Cole Beasley @ GB
DeVante Parker vs PIT

The thing is, he's almost guaranteed to get a TD (not necessarily tonight, just saying on a game-by-game basis). He leads the league in red zone carries (24) and also has 3 pass targets inside the 10yd line. Since they lost Danny Woodhead in week 2, he's averaging over 22 touches per game (on 19 carry/5 target per game averages). He's gained 70% of his yards AFTER contact this year. 70%!!!
laugh.gif
If he can start breaking long runs those box scores will look a lot better.

I'm not necessarily arguing against your point that you should bench him tonight (although I do disagree
laugh.gif
), I'm more so arguing against your "sell high" statement. With a stranglehold on ALL carries, pass targets, red zone/goal line work in an elite offense, I'm not selling Gordon at all.
Yeah I think we both agree on everything except I don't think he can continue scoring at the rate he is, if he does he'll be amazing but I'd put my money he doesn't which is why I would sell him.

I got Amari and Sterling Sheppard for him
pimp.gif

Do you actually watch him play or just read box scores?
Why does that matter?

Fantasy is only about the box score
laugh.gif

But I watch as much as any non Charger fan I guess.

Damn I'm glad I missed out on Eifert this yr. Didn't even realized I drafted him last yr he fell so far. Just had him as Kelce's backup :lol:. I probably would have kept him too, if commish didn't make us pick keepers before the season started :smh:.

I have Matt Ryan in two of my leagues without a backup. Should I ride with him this week or pick up someone else? The options I'm looking at right now are Alex Smith, Mariota, Hoyer, and Tyrod Taylor.

I have Matt Ryan in two of my leagues without a backup. Should I ride with him this week or pick up someone else? The options I'm looking at right now are Alex Smith, Mariota, Hoyer, and Tyrod Taylor.
I'm would Roll with Alex Smith. I picked him up this week as I didn't want to use Phil Rivers against the broncos tonight. Plus It supposed to have heavy rain and a storm in the Northwest this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom