OFFICIAL 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Nothing wrong with going 3 wide receivers. Depending on how sharp your league is you'll start with obj, and the combination of cooks, Cooper, or Evans.

Lot of smart dudes in my league

I'll have OBJ for sure

Hoping Evans falls to me, if cooper is there in the 3rd I will grab him.

But I Haven't spoke to anyone but my buddy told me a dude picking before me in the 2nd round wants Evans so he might not be there and neither will jordy.

I will not take Jeffery is he's there honestly. Don't like cutler and don't trust Jeffery to stay healthy

so i'm in a 10 team, 2 QB .5 point per COMPLETION league (i know, weird settings)

the draft is on sunday and i have no idea what my strategy going into the draft is going to be. i have traditionally gone QB with my first pick, but it hasn't really worked out for me in the last few seasons.. i'm debating on holding off on drafting a QB until the 3rd-4th rounds and pray tom brady is still there and just limp through the season until he's back.
It's definitely not necessary to go after QBs early, even with .5 PPC, but if you don't hit on your mid-late round QB picks you'll be in serious trouble. Then again, hitting on an early-round QB isn't a guarantee either.

If going QB early hasn't worked for you lately, why not switch it up.

In my 10 team 2 QB league (6pt pass TDs, no PPC), if I'm not able to land Drew Brees in the 2nd round at pick #16 then I'm gonna wait to draft my QBs. And even if I do land him, I'm still gonna wait on grabbing my 2nd until later.

In general; which Bengals RB would you all rather have this year, Gio or Hill?
It's pretty much a toss up for me. Hill will probably get the TDs, Gio will get the receptions. However, if either one of them were to get injured, the other one would be in for some extra work and would become pretty valuable. Since I think Gio has a higher chance of getting injured, I'd give the slight edge to Hill.

Last edited:
Man I rewatched the OBJ vs Norman highlights from last year.... Crazy game... I remember it was a do or die game for me and he had next to nothing bc of that dropped TD pass... Then he redeemed himself

they meet up twice a year now...must watch tv
nerd.gif

In a standard league, how would you guys rank DThomas, Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen, and Jarvis Landry?
These are some guys I'm targeting with #26 overall

So am I the only one that thinks the Patriots are full of **** on the Dion Lewis "8-10 weeks" situation? If they don't put him on the PUP list I think he only misses a few games. If he's on waivers and any of you have an IR spot you'd be crazy not to add him and put him on there til he gets back. Worst case scenario he comes back in Week 7 and you have a top 5 PPR RB for the rest of the season.

Top 5 rb? [emoji]128526[/emoji] He wouldn't be top 5 if he never got hurt at all. 1- what makes you sure he comes back healthy. 2- is he automatically coming back to take over the starting job. 3- new england is known for using multiple running backs.i f you have a IR spot I guess it's not bad to put him there but I would never waste a roster Spot On Em right now

Sidenote, what's the deal with Yahoo not having Survival League's function on the app? :smh: I have to log onto Yahoo.com desktop every time for picks?

I have the 5th pick in my league

It usually comes down to David Johnson, Hopkins, or Gurley

I am torn between Gurley and Johnson but wouldn't mind going Hopkins either

Thoughts? Who would you guys go with?

^ I think Johnson has a much higher ceiling (and floor) than Gurley. He's in a top offense so TDs will be plentiful, and he's very active in the passing game. Gurley doesn't catch passes, and their offense sucks. So on days where he doesn't score a TD it'll be tough for him to put up good fantasy points.

I'm partial to drafting a WR in the first round so I'd go Hopkins, but you can't go wrong with Johnson either.

Last edited:
Big money league draft pushed up to today. Have the first pick gonna go with AB. Hoping to get a good haul on the snake back, what should i expect? .5ppr 12 man

I have the 5th pick in my league

It usually comes down to David Johnson, Hopkins, or Gurley

I am torn between Gurley and Johnson but wouldn't mind going Hopkins either

Thoughts? Who would you guys go with?
The only thing that worries me about DJ is that Chris Johnson and Andre Ellington are both healthy. 

I do agree with Nick that Gurley's team is horrible but he only has one guy to really fend off. 

Do you not like AJ Green? he has a better Qb throwing him the ball than Hopkins does. 

^ I think Johnson has a much higher ceiling (and floor) than Gurley. He's in a top offense so TDs will be plentiful, and he's very active in the passing game. Gurley doesn't catch passes, and their offense sucks. So on days where he doesn't score a TD it'll be tough for him to put up good fantasy points.

I'm partial to drafting a WR in the first round so I'd go Hopkins, but you can't go wrong with Johnson either.

The only thing that worries me about DJ is that Chris Johnson and Andre Ellington are both healthy. 

I do agree with Nick that Gurley's team is horrible but he only has one guy to really fend off. 

Do you not like AJ Green? he has a better Qb throwing him the ball than Hopkins does. 

I think Gurley is matchup proof and am leaning towards him right now

CJ/Ellington does worry me about D. Johnson

That's why I'm hesitant and you know Gurley is the guy in LA

I do like Green but I like Hopkins more

Last edited:
Gurley is the entire offense which is good and bad. But I've been mocking Gurley over Johnson when applicable.

Top 5 rb? [emoji]128526[/emoji] He wouldn't be top 5 if he never got hurt at all. 1- what makes you sure he comes back healthy. 2- is he automatically coming back to take over the starting job. 3- new england is known for using multiple running backs.i f you have a IR spot I guess it's not bad to put him there but I would never waste a roster Spot On Em right now

He was a top 5 RB in PPR all the way up until he got hurt Week 9 last year. They just signed him to a new contract this past season, and the Patriots never do that with their RB's.

I think Gurley is matchup proof and am leaning towards him right now

CJ/Ellington does worry me about D. Johnson

That's why I'm hesitant and you know Gurley is the guy in LA

I do like Green but I like Hopkins more
I don't see Chris Johnson or Andre Ellington posing any real threat to David Johnson's workload. A large part of why David Johnson needed injuries to get significant playing time last year is because Bruce Arians is a traditional football mind, and doesn't normally play rookies right off the bat. He's gonna be a bellcow 3 down back this year.

Ellington only catches passes, David Johnson is better than him at that, and he gets injured every year anyway.

Chris Johnson is old, and looked done in the NFL over the past several seasons aside from last year. He may approach 7-10 carries per game, but not enough to put a dent in David's workload. And I expect David to get the short yardage/goal line touches.

The only thing Gurley really has going for him (aside from talent, obviously) is a massive workload. He has a really tough schedule too. The Rams play the Seahawks, Cardinals, Bills, Lions, Jets, and Panthers this season. Might he end up being matchup proof? Possibly. But that's an extremely difficult schedule for a guy who is the only offensive threat on his team. And a one dimensional one at that. Will the Rams be in the red zone enough for Gurley to get his TDs? Because that's really what you're banking on with him.

Last edited:
I don't see Chris Johnson or Andre Ellington posing any real threat to David Johnson's workload. A large part of why David Johnson needed injuries to get significant playing time last year is because Bruce Arians is a traditional football mind, and doesn't normally play rookies right off the bat. He's gonna be a bellcow 3 down back this year.

The only thing Gurley really has going for him (aside from talent, obviously) is a massive workload. He has a really tough schedule too. The Rams play the Seahawks, Cardinals, Bills, Lions, Jets, and Panthers this season. Might he end up being matchup proof? Possibly. But that's an extremely difficult schedule for a guy who is the only offensive threat on his team. And a one dimensional one at that. Will the Rams be in the red zone enough for Gurley to get his TDs? Because that's really what you're banking on with him.

I was looking at this also

His schedule is tough but he had great games vs good defenses last year

But yea another reason I'm considering D. Johnson

Last edited:

I was looking at this also

His schedule is tough but he had great games vs good defenses last year

But yea another reason I'm considering D. Johnson
No doubt.

I have Gurley on my Dynasty squad and I love him, I just think DJ is the "safer" pick. :lol:

And like gtmorgan said, if you're considering Hopkins, you ought to consider AJ Green too. He's gonna have a ton of volume and may approach his usage rates from earlier in his career when he was a shoo-in top 5 fantasy WR.

Back
Top Bottom