Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uh, because the thunder have a huge drop off after Russ and Kevin....And golden state does not. They have players on the bench that would start for OKC. Like, most series are won by depth...not necessarily the stars.

Where is that verbatim quote again? @a-friend

Bruh, we aren't going to see eye to eye on this so whatever. You're saying one thing I'm saying something else, not even sure we are concerned with arguing the same thing at this point, it's been 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 days or something since the importance of bench was even brought up. I'm willing to say I was wrong or you were right or agree to disagree or whatever, I'm not going to debate this with you for the next 2 months though,

According to this one website Thunder has like a 64% chance of making the finals. Thoughts?
Full odds:
Thunder 64% then 42%
Warriors 36% then 29%
Cavs 71% then 23%
Raptors 29% then 6%
first being making finals second being winning
The 6
Raptors will shock the Nations

go undefeated rest of post season

I don't care to. I just laugh at how dudes in here hold Lebron at a higher standard while at the same time claim Steph is better. **** is funny.
laugh.gif
Yep, i wonder what people said about curry going 1/6 game 1 and in game 3 in the 3rd qtr and yucking it up with Steve Kerr down by 40 on the road.... hmm quite interesting [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:

Yep, i wonder what people said about curry going 1/6 game 1 and in game 3 in the 3rd qtr and yucking it up with Steve Kerr down by 40 on the road.... hmm quite interesting [emoji]129300[/emoji]
People probably said the same thing when Lebron lost by 40 points in the NBA finals to the Spurs.

I don't care to. I just laugh at how dudes in here hold Lebron at a higher standard while at the same time claim Steph is better. **** is funny.
laugh.gif
You can go back through the thread and find out. Idk what yall want. The most recent game is being discussed, it is what it is.

:lol: But but but but....Steph disappeared in the 4th too.

Kevin Love is missing the same shots he made for the most part through the first 10 games. And until I see him convert down low - he doesn't draw doubles, he rarely gets to his jump hook over his left shoulder and settles for that crap fade-away- why run offense through him there? He gets touches but he's done nothing to warrant more than what he gets down there. Play through him at the elbow? It's been said but it makes no sense to run offense through him especially at this time of the year when you have LeBron and Kyrie. They're better at creating offense, period. Not everyone needs a participation ribbon. Love's value is going to be based off of stretching the floor/making open shots and cleaning the defense boards, fair or not. He'll be fine on that end, he and the Cavs' greater issue is he can't play the 5 and has feet stuck in cement on defense. And the latter part is a team-wide issue.

Re-watched the fourth quarter.

giphy.gif

Cavs started 11-11 in the fourth running a variation of this set. Essentially Biyombo had to decide whether to guard Bron on the roll or Frye spotting up. Whoever he ignored would be wide open.

Occasionally RJ would pop open for the easy layup.

Casey never tried to stop it either. Didn't switch up his coverage or anything :rofl: . Baffling. They got one lucky stop & then luckily for him, the Cavs just went away from it in the last few mins.

And on the other end Lowry & DD made all those difficult iso shots. And that was it.

Cavs have been running that since game 1 & Casey hasn't changed anything :lol: . So I'm not really sure how they win the series if DD & Lowry start missing those tough contested shots. They obviously have a chance if those 2 continue to combine for 60+

Last edited:
it's like we not allowed to criticize Steph.
laugh.gif
Steph has bad games and it's real quite around here.
Not allowed? There's an entire thread for it: http://niketalk.com/t/645552/warrio...to-arms-haters-unification-thread-vol-why-not

In here? Of course it's allowed... but not allowed to dominate. The thread works best when no topic dominates. Not Bron stanning. Not Bron hate. Not Steph/Warriors stanning. Not Steph/Warriors hate. Hell, we've talked about cookies and how close people think they know their wife/girlfriend. But just for a bit, then back to the playoffs.

What does dominate mean? I mean, when you scroll through the the thread and it's one topic... for HOURS... and the same people keeping that topic going...

It continues to bottle my mind that people need this explained. Like I seriously wonder if people are like this in real life:

"Sucks that so-and-so got fired."
"Yeah... but idc. Warriors play tonight."
"Hey! Anyone make coffee yet?"
"No idea. I was looking up Draymond stats. He is REALLY good!"
"Who's cooking lunch in the cafeteria today?"
"I know Chef Curry will be cooking tonight! I know THAT!"

"I hate Lebron."
"Go Warriors!"

"2-4 smh"
"BACK 2 BACK!
"Lebby's so frail."
"Splash Brothers!"

"Eff a Drake!"

"Eff a Lebron!"

"DUB NATION!!"

Annoying as eff when I meet these people in real life, but I guess I'm one of the few out here willing to be a jerk and tell them, "Dude, we don't care. People only respond to try and shut you up so they can maybe change the subject to something else after obliging you."

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Cavs started 11-11 in the fourth running a variation of this set. Essentially Biyombo had to decide whether to guard Bron on the roll or Frye spotting up. Whoever he ignored would be wide open.

Casey never tried to stop it either. Didn't switch up his coverage or anything
roll.gif
. Baffling. They got one lucky stop & then luckily for him, the Cavs just went away from it in the last few mins.

And on the other end Lowry & DD made all those difficult iso shots. And that was it.

Cavs have been running that since game 1 & Casey hasn't changed anything
laugh.gif
. So I'm not really sure how they win the series if DD & Lowry start missing those tough contested shots. They obviously have a chance if those 2 continue to combine for 60+
very rare solid post in this thread

giphy.gif

Casey never tried to stop it either. Didn't switch up his coverage or anything
roll.gif
. Baffling. They got one lucky stop & then luckily for him, the Cavs just went away from it in the last few mins.

Cavs have been running that since game 1 & Casey hasn't changed anything
laugh.gif
Yep.

One time Lebby kept the ball at the top and Jefferson caught an easy deuce over the top, underneath. Another time Lebby kept the ball and Dellavedova caught the pass under the basket from Bron and Delly hit Frye wide open in the corner for 3.

All from the same set, like you said.
So I'm not really sure how they win the series if (when) DD & Lowry start missing those tough contested shots. They obviously have a chance if those 2 continue to combine for 60+
Fixed.

giphy.gif

Casey never tried to stop it either. Didn't switch up his coverage or anything :rofl: . Baffling. They got one lucky stop & then luckily for him, the Cavs just went away from it in the last few mins.

Cavs have been running that since game 1 & Casey hasn't changed anything :lol: . So I'm not really sure how they win the series if DD & Lowry start missing those tough contested shots. They obviously have a chance if those 2 continue to combine for 60+

Cleveland ran that to perfection for the first 8 minutes of the 4th. Unstoppable. Even Richard Jefferson was getting his. :lol:

Then, like you said, they went away from it after Frye finally missed.

it's like we not allowed to criticize Steph. :lol: Steph has bad games and it's real quite around here.
Not allowed? There's an entire thread for it: http://niketalk.com/t/645552/warrio...to-arms-haters-unification-thread-vol-why-not

In here? Of course it's allowed... but not allowed to dominate. The thread works best when no topic dominates. Not Bron stanning. Not Bron hate. Not Steph/Warriors stanning. Not Steph/Warriors hate. Hell, we've talked about cookies and how close people think they know their wife/girlfriend. BUt just for a bit, then back to the playoffs.

What does dominate mean? I mean, when you scroll through the the thread and it's one topic... for HOURS... and the same people keeping that topic going...

It continues to bottle my mind that people need this explained. Like I seriously wonder if people are like this irl.

"Sucks that so-and-so got fired."

"Yeah... but idc. Warriors play tonight."

"Hey! Anyone make coffee yet?"

"No idea. I was looking up Draymond stats. He is REALLY good!"

"Who's cooking lunch in the cafeteria today?"

"I know Chef Curry will be cooking tonight! I know THAT!"
"I hate Lebron."

"Go Warriors!"
"2-4 smh"

"BACK 2 BACK!

"Lebby's so frail."

"Splash Brothers!"

Annoying af when I meet these people irl, but I guess I'm one of the few out here willing to be a jerk and tell them, "Dude, we don't care. People only respond to try and shut you up so they can maybe change the subject to something else after obliging you."

I didn't mean "allowed" literally. :lol:

And this thread ain't dominated by 2 topics? Lebron hate and Steph love?

89754-SHEEIT-gif-Clay-Davis-The-Wire-R90q.gif

That's why these NBA threads are a mess. Filled with extremes and emotions. It's entertaining though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom