Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Health and nutrition should be taught in grade school so that people grow up with an understanding of what they put in their bodies

It kinda is...

Yeah, but some people prefer the convenience. People just like coming home and tearing into a bag of garbage rather than spending 15-20 min in the kitchen.

Exactly... Fat is usually synonymous with lazy

well...

even with thyroid issues, there are ways to get it done.

There really is no true reason someone is fat except they choose to be that over in shape.

Elliptical is good for people who have bad knees. I used to ball everyday to before . I noticed since I stopped balling so much my knees don't hurt me at all anymore. Now I only ball like once a week
i had to medically retire :nerd:from college track. knees and hammys are shot. i can ball once a week now. but elip and spin is crucial.

after i stopped running i kinda let myself go. but the last 6 months ive droped 30 lbs due to eating right and workinh out 6 days a week

I'm insinuating that because I remember you admitting that you weren't a fan until they got good
laugh.gif
. Unless I'm misremembering.
You are not...sort of. They became like my "only" team that I "root" for and like care for and **** like that. But even then, I was like 17, 18 years old. It's kind of like Politics, where you almost are socialized into a party due to your surroundings and what not, and as you get older become a bit more individualistic, finding out what you like, don't like, who you identify with, etc. etc. same thing here. Clippers drafted Blake the same year I went off to college, started living on my own, finding myself, getting bread, etc. and I identified with their come up so I said **** it, let's rock and that's when I like really started riding for them.

But I've always been a fan of the Clippers. I was that guy hooping on the Clippers court at halftime during a 2000 game against the Bucks. (I think it was them)  Rocking the OG Jeff McGinnis jersey and working on my floater to be just like him. Bobby Simmons was like my Glen Rice in 06'. I was in section 107 when we beat Denver with string haired Kaman lol But I don't count those years because Like I said, I wasn't loyal to any particular team, I was a fan of everybody, I was 10, 11 years old 
laugh.gif

People who lose a ton of weight are extremely interesting to me in that the amount of discipline it takes to lose that much weight is unfathomable to me.
this, fat jokes aside got mad respect for people who put the time and effort into their personal health 
how do you feel about people whom are currently fat? 
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

tbh we deserve it, I am ashamed
Ehhh, I don't know man, I don't know how I feel about trivializing other people's struggles. Just because it's easier for one person to be in shape doesn't mean that it's the same for someone else.
its difficult as hell tbh

I legit think if I had the money that Pablo Sandovall had, I'd prob have that bod going for me. I just love to eat man

I'm just saying, in my experience it's probably harder/more expensive to be fat than regular or skinny so I don't really have sympathy. There are different body types and whatever but at the end of the day it's calories in vs calories out. You wanna lose weight, you don't even have to workout. Just stop eating so damn much :lol:.

Gaining weight I had to make sure I ate 3 big meals a day and if I missed one or even had one light or medium meal, I was gonna lose 1-2 lbs. **** was a challenge. And don't let me hoop that day, I was guaranteed to lose 3-5 pounds in 1-3 hours of hooping, easy. Everybody is different but I'm 100% positive it was just as difficult for me to force myself to eat more as it is for others to force themselves to eat less. It was tough but not THAT damn tough.

Sorry rck :\

Last edited:
But that's YOUR experience. 

You can't project how hard it was for you to gain weight on other people. You don't have sympathy for Fat people because of YOUR experiences, which is fine but it is, your experience and your experience with weight isn't indicative of other people's relationship with weight issues. 

tbh we deserve it, I am ashamed

Ehhh, I don't know man, I don't know how I feel about trivializing other people's struggles. Just because it's easier for one person to be in shape doesn't mean that it's the same for someone else.
its difficult as hell tbh

I legit think if I had the money that Pablo Sandovall had, I'd prob have that bod going for me. I just love to eat man

How would money help you if you love to eat? More bread = more access to even tastier richer food. some of the richest people are heavy af. Losing weight isn't expensive, it's pretty affordable and very possible. It's a very simple concept really. It's anatomy. Calories in Vs. Calories out.

Last edited:
But that's YOUR experience. 

You can't project how hard it was for you to gain weight on other people. You don't have sympathy for Fat people because of YOUR experiences, which is fine but it is, your experience and your experience with weight isn't indicative of other people's relationship with weight issues. 

Like I said it's calories in vs calories out at the end of the day. You really have to commit yourself to eating and spend a good amount of money on food to gain weight. It's not complicated. You have to eat past the point of satisfaction. I've seen fat people in action, it's a basic lack of discipline more than anything.

Last edited:
How would money help you if you love to eat? More bread = more access to even tastier richer food. some of the richest people are heavy af. Losing weight isn't expensive, it's pretty affordable and very possible. It's a very simple concept really. It's anatomy. Calories in Vs. Calories out.
I'm saying if I had Pablo money, I'd be pushing a Pablo body 
laugh.gif
 I agree with you that more money=more delicious foods to stuff down my gullet 

Last edited:
Our bodies are machines.

If 100 people have 3 donuts and hot chocolate for breakfast followed by loaded nachos with extra cheese for lunch followed by a chili dog and a milkshake for dinner EVERY DAY FOR A MONTH and also instructed to refrain from physical activity, every single one of them will gain a significant amount of weight.

All of them.

Healthy is not relative, regardless of America's insistence that it is.

Now if we want to have the conversation about people never being taught healthy choices, I can dig it. That doesn't change the science behind the machines that are our bodies, though.

Or if we want to have the conversation about 'food addiction' or emotional eating, I can dig it. That doesn't change the science behind the machines that are our bodies, though.

My first jersey was a Clippers Lamar Odom.

Props to the dudes who lost major weight that's awesome.

Like I said it's calories in vs calories out at the end of the day. You really have to commit yourself to eating and spend a good amount of money on food to gain weight. It's not complicated. You have to eat past the point of satisfaction. I've seen fat people in action, it's a basic lack of discipline more than anything.

You're wrong on a few points here. Eating unhealthy is far cheaper than eating healthy. You do not have to eat to the point of being stuffed to gain weight. And for a fair amount of fat people, they skip meals, which contributes to their weight problem. The rest is spot on tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom