Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

i can agree with that. when i see kawhi i dont think of elite scorer. i think of best overrall player in the game , but im not afraid of kawhi giving me buckets. i think la was close to being an elite scorer in portland tho. 
he was, remember that series against htx where dropped like 40+ first two games.. just took over and was so dominant, he could do that with the spurs but why do that when the spurs are so big on ball movement and are so unselfish.. not to mention he also adjusted to a whole new offense

Last edited:

If you were to ask 100 NBA fans to name the top 10 scorers in the NBA, I guarantee you an overwhelming majority of them wouldnt name either LaMarcus or Kawhi.  They are great players.  They absolutely are not elite scorers.
Then we're arguing over semantics at this point.

The fact is, they provide a combo of volume AND efficiency that most players can't. Period.

We arent arguing semantics at all.  You claim that LaMarcus and Kawhi are elite scorers.  Regardless how you shake it, they simply are not elite scorers.
LMA finished 7th in scoring the past two seasons. In a 450 player league, if I'm in the 99th percentile of anything, I'm elite at it, no?

Then LMA came to the Spurs & points dipped as Pop drastically reduced his mins & he adjusted to a new offense & teammates. But he's still the same guy.

And the combination of Kawhi's volume and efficiency are what make him elite. 50/44/87 on 21 a night, (25 ppg per 36) is elite. I'm baffled as to how it isnt.
Shhhhhhhhhh. Stop making sense.

In all honesty, who cares if Kawhi is an elite scorer or not. I'd rather be a complete overall player anyway. 

LMA likes to play the disappearing act though. We'll see how elite his scoring is next round.

it's a "career night" when kawhi scores 35 points 
laugh.gif

no one thought LMA was elite in portland and he's even less elite now that he's a system player
He plays 33 mins a night on the 24th slowest team in the league & has to split touches with another elite option. Where's the joke? Even the best offensive players would struggle to get 35 in an environment like that.

No one thought LMA was an elite offensive player in portland?
roll.gif
actual elite scorers like steph and KD can get 30 by halftime every other week

all I see is a bunch of excuses to why this guy cant put up big scoring numbers

cant blame the system for his lack of scoring when the system is the reason for his scoring 

Someone bet me that the Spurs wouldn't sweep the Lakers and they did not pay me. No ill will against that person though.

I know personally I would for sure pay up, I'm on here too much to have my name tarnished for something like that.

Last edited:

The biggest problem I am having with your side of the argument is the fact that you are using a few completely different qualifications to back up the idea that both players are elite.

First its about Kawhi's efficiency, which for sure is good.  Then you talk about points per 36 minutes, which absolutely isnt even close to elite. So which one is it?  

Now you want to bring up LaMarcus' points per game the last 2 years, and completely ignore his inefficiency (46% for a PF isnt great).  

This is completely putting aside the fact that I have no idea why you brought up points per 36, as both Kawhi and LaMarcus' numbers are fairly similar per game as they are for this metric.  
My " completely different qualifications" were volume and efficiency, which are related qualifications when talking about someone's ability to score. It's not a one or the other kind of thing. They go hand in hand.

I didn't intentionally ignore LMA's efficiency in PDX. It wasn't stellar, it wasn't horrific. The fact still is, you combined that efficiency with his volume & he was still one of the best scorers in the league.

Obviously using per 36 because Pop limits minutes. And the numbers aren't similar at all.

player A: .48/.47/.88 per 36 minutes he is scoring 21 points per game

player B: .50/.44/.87 per 36 minutes he is scoring 23 points per game

nerd.gif

Wait.....@Antidope
 you agree that those two are "elite scorers?"
They aren't? LMA put up 40 in back to back games against the best defending big in the league and Kawhi it's simply a matter of touches. Give that guy the shots and he'd drop 50+ easily. I don't have any reason to think they aren't elite scorers

Someone bet me that the Spurs wouldn't sweep the Lakers and they did not pay me. No ill will against that person though.

I know personally I would for sure pay up, I'm on here too much to have my name tarnished for something like that.

word got to keep respeck on your name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom