Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Portland should be ashamed?

A team starting the likes of..

Al Farouq Aminu - Who last year, started only 3 games for the Dallas Mavericks and averaged 5.6 PPG

Maurice Harkless - Who played a grand total of 45 games last year for the Magic and only started 4, The guy who also averaged a grand totalof 3.5 PPG

Mason Plumlee - A guy with 67 starts in the last two years who averaged sub 9 points both years?

Yeah, you're right. Portland should be ashamed. Meanwhile, the Clippers can't get out of the second round with Top 10 players CP3 and Blake Griffin and one of the best centers in the league.

Your team just lost to a team with two good players. Not two All Stars, mind you. Two GOOD players. Hell, the head coach probably couldn't name the entire damn depth chart.

Sure they got injured this year, but what will the excuse be in 2 years when they've still yet to make a conference finals appearance? CLips just lost to a D-league team with Dame and CJ
What are you trying to argue? That your team is complete garbage and should not have blown out a team missing their two best players even though they were favored by 10? Fine, you win. Your team is trash.

@DarthSka  I meant to compare it to the Car thread.. they had one member who would dominate the thread, post the same repeated things all the time, derail discussions, and play the "wait.. what am I  doing wrong?" card. He got removed, and that stuff stopped. Weird, right?

Last edited:
Major respect to Austin for leaving it all out on the floor after getting his face smashed, and for playing one of his best games of the season, if not the best.

The I-told-you-so's are still funny, like that's the way he's been playing all along. Just like people last night were real eager to say "Where are all the Austin haters now!" I didn't see anyone beating that drum when he had 4 points in 22 minutes on 1-7 in Game 4 for example.

Like I said before, we can revisit this next season and if he plays well I'll admit I was wrong about him.

What are you trying to argue? That your team is complete garbage and should not have blown out a team missing their two best players even though they were favored by 10? Fine, you win. Your team is trash.
You say my team should be ashamed when your team constantly loses in the playoffs despite having an infinitely better roster.
The Blazers were projected to have the second worst record in the league and look what they accomplished: they've made it as far as CP/Blake ever have/will with fewer expectations.
Point being, the clippers should have swept us. But they didn't, because they're the clippers and cp3/Blake are trash.

Last edited:

@DarthSka  I meant to compare it to the Car thread.. they had one member who would dominate the thread, post the same repeated things all the time, derail discussions, and play the "wait.. what am I  doing wrong?" card. He got removed, and that stuff stopped. Weird, right?
I haven't been keeping up with the thread. Someone's been banned ?

Anyway, yea, I'd have to finally agree that the NBA thread has jumped the shark. Still gonna post in it tho 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Major respect to Austin for leaving it all out on the floor after getting his face smashed, and for playing one of his best games of the season, if not the best.

The I-told-you-so's are still funny, like that's the way he's been playing all along. Just like people last night were real eager to say "Where are all the Austin haters now!" I didn't see anyone beating that drum when he had 4 points in 22 minutes on 1-7 in Game 4 for example.

Like I said before, we can revisit this next season and if he plays well I'll admit I was wrong about him.

All of this. He had a 'breakout' game or two last postseason and then went back to being dry vag. Whoopty do. Pretty sure those same I told you soers were down on austin powers at times during the season.

I haven't been keeping up with the thread. Someone's been banned ?

I think they're talking about Chris Paul :lol:

Last edited:

Kyrie to LAC and CP3 to the Land?
This.

NEEDS.

To happen.

I don't care about Myrie on LAC. Clipps gon' Clipp regardless.

But CP3 and Bron NEED to be on the same team, for NT's sake. :lol:  We would have SOOOOO many people just hating on the same team. Can we get Harden to join them, too?

Would just be sooooo convenient.

:D

I'm here for jokes that would happen in here daily. Pray for those teammates though. :smh: :x and you can litterally get whoever to coach that team.

I'd be down to see that. A PG that Bron would trust? And CP doing damage in the East.

Ditto. He's simply a below average NBA player that every so often plays legit.

You say my team should be ashamed when your team constantly loses in the playoffs despite having an infinitely better roster.
The Blazers were projected to have the second worst record in the league and look what they accomplished: they've made it as far as CP/Blake ever have/will with fewer expectations.
Point being, the clippers should have swept us. But they didn't, because they're the clippers and cp3/Blake are trash.
I already agreed that your team is trash and should have lost last night. I'm sure the Clippers are ashamed of their playoff failures. 

I called him awful which might have been a little bit of an exaggeration. I don't think I called him the worst player in the league though. Actually I know I didn't, because I said that about Bargnani. :lol:

They should've won, they're just slightly less trash than the Clippers are
eyes.gif

Point is: We were expected to be a top 3 draft pick this year yet we made the second round of the playoffs while players like CP3 and Blake are heralded as top 10 players yet they can never make it any further than us. So you really don't have a right to say the Blazers should be ashamed because they've defied any and all expectations set at the beginning of the year while the Clippers (year in and year out) never make any real waves in the post season.

I'll bite

The point isnt that Austin is a really good player.

He's going to be wildly inconsistent because he's a bench level / rotational player. He isnt anything spectacular.

But when you go to an extreme and say "he's terrible, he doesnt belong in the NBA" thats what I object to. There's some middle ground to be had with him and thats the only thing I was trying to argue. The individual defense he showed against Lillard and McCullum isnt anything new.

As if he didnt step into CP's shoes and avg 15 a game before we blew the 3-1 lead or that this year for the majority of this year he was at over 10 a game in 20 min on 40% on 3's. And he's 23 years old.

Last edited:
Forgot to post about the games last night. I think Toronto takes game 7 at home despite how unconvincing they have been and my opinion on Derozan as a player has changed after this series.

Charlotte have really impressed me in this series i was expecting the heat to take it in 6 would be cool if they win are 7

I feel bad for the Clippers situation. Losing their 2 best players on what is already a pretty thin squad is a terrible situation to be in. Hopefully Griffin and Paul recover well. That being said Portland did what they should have done and take advantage of the situation by not letting it get to a game 7 for the Clippers to rally around.

Last edited:
I called him awful which might have been a little bit of an exaggeration. I don't think I called him the worst player in the league though. Actually I know I didn't, because I said that about Bargnani.
laugh.gif
Oh, I wasn't saying you did. I meant the only time I defend him is when someone claims he's only in the NBA because of his dad. Just the other day someone said they can't name a worse player in the league than him. That was the last time I took part in an Austin Rivers debate 
laugh.gif

That's... pretty much EXACTLY what is happening right now. My PMs all last night were exactly that. Hours and hours of "I don't understand. I'm talking about a playoff player in the playoff thread. Your ego is too big to handle people talking about playoff players in the playoff thread? I honestly have no idea what I did wrong."

People need to just... man up.

wink.gif

I haven't been keeping up with the thread. Someone's been banned?
I think they're talking about Chris Paul
laugh.gif
Nah, no one was banned.

I'm cool w/ an outlandish statement here & there, but yesterday dudes were doing too much. But anyway, excited to see the Spurs/OKC series start. Thinking bout going to a sports bar just to see it :lol:

Yeah, we're all adults (for the most part). We know when we're having actual debates and conversations vs just baiting people and then trolling them with the same repeated things over and over again.

I've been in plenty of debates over the years where it's hard to tell if the person is trolling or actually believes some of the outlandish things they say.. but that's not what was happening. It was the same conversations, same repeated "jokes", over and over. And it's not about everyone needing to agree with each other or not wanting to debate.. but it was hurting discussion.. time and time again.

We've seen it with others in the past, hopefully it fixes the problem... until a new challenger appears like clockwork.

Hopefully Chester is perma-banned next.
tumblr_muz8luyYOy1r2d19io7_500.gif

Last edited:

That's... pretty much EXACTLY what is happening right now. My PMs all last night were exactly that. Hours and hours of "I don't understand. I'm talking about a playoff player in the playoff thread. Your ego is too big to handle people talking about playoff players in the playoff thread? I honestly have no idea what I did wrong."

People need to just... man up.

wink.gif

Nah, no one was banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom