Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just gonna assume that a lot of folks don't care to watch raptors' basketball when it's not playoffs due to the reaction to Lowry and DD. both these dudes have been inefficient scorers and high volume shooters the bulk of their careers. They just get the benefit of the doubt because theyve played in a trash conference. No way in hell either if these dudes would be all stars if they played for a Western conference team

Last edited:
Lowry just been really horrible in the playoffs last 2 yrs idk whats the deal if he's scared too much pressure no reason to be that bad. DD is another guy i just think he wants out so inconsistent as well i hope he don't come to LA don't want him!

I'm just gonna assume that a lot of folks don't care to watch raptors' basketball when it's not playoffs due to the reaction to Lowry and DD. both these dudes have been inefficient scorers and high volume shooters the bulk of their careers. They just get the benefit of the doubt because theyve played in a trash conference. No way in hell either if these dudes would be all stars if they played for a Western conference team
I don't think YOU don't care to watch Raps ball when its not the playoffs :lol: Lowry is FAR from an inefficient scorer in the reg season when healthy. He's hurt & it shows.

I and SEVERAL others have never liked DD's game & have mentioned it well before the playoffs. It just bears repeating given that he's become even more inefficient.

Last edited:
I don't think YOU don't care to watch Raps ball when its not the playoffs :lol: Lowry is FAR from an inefficient scorer in the reg season when healthy. He's hurt & it shows.

I and SEVERAL others have never liked DD's game & have mentioned it well before the playoffs. It just bears repeating given that he's become even more inefficient.

You're right, I really don't. But having both players on fantasy basketball teams relegated me to watching their games, there were plenty of seasons and games I watched where both players' bad shot selection consistently pissed me off. Don't get me wrong, Lowry is a solid PG, but I doubt he can carry a team deep (past 2nd round) into the playoffs

Last edited:
People said "OKC played a perfect game and Spurs struggled, and OKC barely won"

Eyetest said neither played perfect but Spurs were closer to perfect in that 2nd game, than were OKC if you look at the bare components.
I'm right in the middle of piecing together my DFS lineups for tomorrow so trust, I'm knee deep in these stats.

OKC's advantages (as it always is, Rebounding) 

1. 48 for us 37 for Spurs (we Rank 1 in Offensive rebounding for the year and 2nd in Defensive). 
2. Steven Adams controlled  contained the paint on both sides
3. Pace/Legs/Youth
4. Kanter although he posted a -11 (usually negative) he keeps our 2nd unit alive with another near DD in only 19minutes; 12pts 8rbs, 3bks, 100FT% with 4-4

Spurs advantages (who cares but here goes)

1. LMA shot 71% with over 20fga's following up his game 1 performance of 78% with 25fga's
2. SPurs total FGA were 94 to our 79 but we got to the line almost 1o more times at a 80+% clip.
3. TO's- Spurs had only 10 to our 18. (only 10were steals OKC just sloppy with the rock)
4. SPurs only had 10 steals (Thunder can actually live with this if they don't cough up the ball 8+ more times on top of the steals)

Now, the new take per ESPN any media outlet including NT is "how will the Thunder stop LMA"

Answer, they won't need to. As many of his shots that were were wide open, were also contested. He was/is just hot.
Thing to keep in mind, my man still has a bum wrist and Lighting the Thunder up is something he HAS NOT made a career out of.

Will it happen again, WHO CARES, but probably not.
If it doesn't, KAWHI better come with one of those GSFOAT performances because Adams got the box in the middle on lock.

Key to Spurs victory for game 3, Boris to the Diaw. 
Pop will come with him, too, I believe

Ramble yes, break from #'s crunching was needed. 
a-friend out

good post

Lowry ever going to shoot over 40% in a playoff game? Goes back further than this yr.

Lowry ever going to shoot over 40% in a playoff game? Goes back further than this yr.
First playoff run with the Raps against Brooklyn he put up 21 on 48% eFG, 57% TS.

Year after that he hurt his back around the ASB and was a shell of himself for the rest of the season & the playoffs.

This year its his elbow.

Looked at the espn app and seent the Spurs play tonight. Thought to myself, "i thought they didn't play until Friday?" Realized today IS Friday. This week flew by. Might just cancel these meetings and leave early.

Both games should be great tonight. I'll bet a rep that Hawks keep it within 5. They might wven win.

thunder in 6.

PG and C position are too weak for the spurs right now.

I'm not ready to drink the OKC Kool-Aid

picked them in the playoff bracket to win in 6, who knows.

interesting that the spurs are relying on 2 players to score almost as much as OKC does, if not more. LMA really can't play any better than he has in the first 2 games. Kawhis career high is 33 points i believe, improbable he will drop 30 on any given night. who else is stepping up in SA?

all i know is we have been waiting too damn long for game 3

Ain't been around here in a while. What's up with those radio hosts down in Atlanta advocating the Hawks committ flagrant 2 fouls tonight

Looked at the espn app and seent the Spurs play tonight. Thought to myself, "i thought they didn't play until Friday?" Realized today IS Friday. This week flew by. Might just cancel these meetings and leave early.

Both games should be great tonight. I'll bet a rep that Hawks keep it within 5. They might wven win.

I'll take that rep fam jam

Reactions: HIM

I can't pass up on that free rep

Reactions: HIM
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom