Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I think Luka would happily go to an up and coming Phoenix team and play for his old Slovenian coach. Problem is that despite the fact that the coach wants Doncic, Ayton is still consensously regarded as the #1 pick and he is who the owner and most of the fanbase wants given that he played at U of A and HS ball in Phoenix. I do not think Doncic wants to go to Sacramento. And I can't blame him. Tiny *** market, overshadowed by multiple teams in your own state, and still an organization run as badly as the Knicks. :lol:

Hypothetical trade scenario: If Doncic's people were pushing for NYC and Sacramento started exploring trade options, would you be willing trade this year's pick AND next year's pick to move up to #2? Honestly, I think I would. It would be a tough call but Luka really seems to be the goods. I'd be willing to put all the chips in the middle on Luka being the generational kind of talent we can build this franchise around (which he has proven himself capable of becoming), than trying to strike gold on 2 straight lottery picks with no guarantee that either can become all-star-level let alone franchise players. :nerd:

I don't usually give BR props, but that Dolan song at the end of GoZ (with cockroach Mills on the flute) was ****ing incredible. :rofl:

Last edited:
Hypothetical trade scenario: If Doncic's people were pushing for NYC and Sacramento started exploring trade options, would you be willing trade this year's pick AND next year's pick to move up to #2? Honestly, I think I would. It would be a tough call but Luka really seems to be the goods. I'd be willing to put all the chips in the middle on Luka being the generational kind of talent we can build this franchise around (which he has proven himself capable of becoming), than trying to strike gold on 2 straight lottery picks with no guarantee that either can become all-star-level let alone franchise players. :nerd:

HELL.NO.

With talk of sitting KP for the majority of the season, another top 10 pick is likely next summer too. Doncic is not worth potentially Miles/Mikal Bridges x Reddish/Zion. That makes absolutely no sense. I thought we were trying to build a contender here?

Frank x #9 maybe but not this years and next years. We got a bunch of holes to fill on this team and need as many talented/tradable assets as possible.

Last edited:
HELL.NO.

With talk of sitting KP for the majority of the season, another top 10 pick is likely next summer too. Doncic is not worth potentially Miles/Mikal Bridges x Reddish/Zion. That makes absolutely no sense. I thought we were trying to build a contender here?

Frank x #9 maybe but not this years and next years. We got a bunch of holes to fill on this team and need as many talented/tradable assets as possible.
It's all about how you evaluate talent. If Doncic becomes something like Ben Simmons this year and a top 3-5 player in the NBA down the road, how is that not building a contender with him Frank, KP, etc? It's not like I'm saying trade the picks for Kawhi or an NBA vet. Not saying it would be easy either. But I've seen all the Duke boys play numerous times and none of them move the needle like Doncic does.

Personally I'd rather go in big for the potential megastar franchise player than banking on later picks to find KP's #2 but also have the chance to draft multiple players. Doubt the scenario materializes anyway, just a thought I had. But I think I would pull the trigger.

I still think we should build a team that emulates the Pistons. Pretty sure that's what Perry is going for too since he was part of those teams. We have very similar type of players that hopefully and may grow into those roles. Who tf is our Ben Wallace though :lol:

Billups = Frank (if he pans out)
Rip = THJ
Tayshaun = Mikal
Sheed = KP
Ben = ??!?!

HELL.NO.

Top 5 protected and I’d do it

I thought flood was done with Frank since he dyed his hair

Dude reminds me of those callers on Francesa who complains about pitchers who slant their hats slightly

Last edited:
I thought flood was done with Frank since he dyed his hair

Dude reminds me of those callers on Francesa who complains about pitchers who slant their hats slightly
Dude has always had his hair dyed

The obvious joke wasn’t obvious enough for you I guess :lol:

Last edited:
I’m down for the Frank slander. ****s hilarious to me.

He deserves most of it, but can’t wait till he proves 90% of us wrong :pimp:

- Would you trade our 9th pick for Clippers 12 & 13th pick ?

- So as of right now we're projected to be around $98M IF we don't make any more moves.
- If Kanter opts out then we'll be around $80M in salary & the cap may be around $101M this year. :nerd:

Selecting the best player available + signing a near max caliber player could be a move in the right direction. On top of Noahs expiring $19M the offseason after

If Noah is 100% healthy come the start of the season he can def still contribute in spurts off the bench

^ noah has 2 more years left so 2020 he will be a free agent... and if enes and koq opt out we could have some money for 1 really good player

Keep KOQ. Especially if Kanter go. If KP, Kanter, KOQ aren't here who's going to play the 4 & 5?

KOQ contract is for $4.2M this season

Back
Top Bottom