Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Isn't everything in that article a few days old? Mayweather's attorney responded and in a nutshell said that Mayweather deliberately pays late because the money he makes from holding on to the money a little longer outweighs the penalties for paying late.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://deadsp.in/1ddEL4A[/URL]"]
 Deadspin‏Verified account @Deadspin  5h5 hours ago

Floyd "(Ran Out Of) Money" Mayweather owes the IRS more than $22 million, says he doesn't have the cash: http://deadsp.in/1ddEL4A 

:smh:

So they're forcing him to pay now rather then later just because he still has assets? That's messed up.

The media LOVE trying to expose another man's pocket.

I bet IRS gonna send another letter like "Oh we saw you bring out that 100 million dollar check at the press conference" :rolleyes[/quote]

Isn't that how it should work? Imagine if everyone does that and writes IOU's saying I'll have it for you next month when I get paid instead of selling these Jordan's that are collecting dust? We all have to pay up when it's the deadline, but know that the IRS is going to take their sweet time when it's the other way around. :lol:

Last edited:
Also why are Omar Figueroa and Robert Guerrero fighting in LI? 
laugh.gif

Even with Monaghan on the card they are probably going to have to paper the **** out of it.  Fight probably would have done pretty well in South TX. 

It w
Oh I see, I don't think anyone would want to pay that upfront. :lol:

It was ALOT more he made 200 summon off the Manny fight alone... he prolly cleared 300Ms that year... so even with tax breaks if he gets down to let's say 30% fed taxes that's 100 mill bones... he paid the muh*****ss handsomelyyyy alrdy but they want it all now and he's letting his money work for him all the while

It's what rich people do

It w
Oh I see, I don't think anyone would want to pay that upfront. :lol:

It was ALOT more he made 200 summon off the Manny fight alone... he prolly cleared 300Ms that year... so even with tax breaks if he gets down to let's say 30% fed taxes that's 100 mill bones... he paid the muh*****ss handsomelyyyy alrdy but they want it all now and he's letting his money work for him all the while

It's what rich people do

Right, I caught that there is no way his entire tax bill for 2015 was ONLY 22 M. But ultimately he's probably lost or will lose more from dealing with shady people than his actual spending habits. I believe a few years ago around his first retirement, a shady business associate swindled him for M's and fled the country.

Last edited:
Remember when 50cent had to go to bankruptcy court and he swapped his watch for a gshock

2AB9F95300000578-3169786-image-a-17_1437498211349.jpg

Floyds doing the same with the IRS creating this image that he doesn't have the money, so he doesn't have to pay them upfront.
All his money is in offshore accounts.

Last edited:
Remember when 50cent had to go to bankruptcy court and he swapped his watch for a gshock

2AB9F95300000578-3169786-image-a-17_1437498211349.jpg

Floyds doing the same with the IRS creating this image that he doesn't have the money, so he doesn't have to pay them upfront.
All his money is in offshore accounts.

Floyd is saying he has money invested and instead of liquidating he would rather wait till after the fight to use that money towards the tax. 50 flat out pretended to be broke. :lol:

Floyd would never admit to being broke even if he really is. That's why he went out of his way to flaunt that 100 M check. Oh and btw wouldn't the check be void by now if it is from one of his last fights.

Last edited:
Damn! Arum hasn't paid Pac or Roach yet? :smh: :lol:

Freddie Roach says Manny Pacquiao was avoiding him after his loss to Jeff Horn.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2017/7/...acquiao-is-mad-at-him-says-he-hasnt-been-paid

After the contest was over at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Roach claims that Pacquiao wouldn't even say two words to him or look him in the eyes. Roach also claims that he's yet to be paid for his work in the fight.
“I was trying to see where his head was at, and I could not even get him to say hi to me. I don’t know if he was upset with me or what,” Roach told Sports Illustrated.
“I really don’t know if he’s mad at me. But I can tell you this: I haven’t been paid yet. So who knows?”
Pacquiao issued a statement, letting everyone know that Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is in charge of paying Roach. And the boxer revealed that he hasn't been paid either. He also denied that there was any friction with his long-time trainer.
"My purse has not yet been released by Arum," said Pacquiao. "I have no problem with coach Freddie Roach. I'm not the one paying him. It's Bob Arum. So if coach Freddie has not yet received his payment, we are on the same boat."

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-arum-charge-roach-pay-i-paid-too--118429

I feel like Boxers have financial troubles at a higher rate than even athletes of other sports.  Like out of all the 90s boxers that made forbes lists dam near all of them have had financial issues from Tyson to Holyfield to Riddick Bowe, Razor Ruddock, Roy Jones Jr. etc.  Even Naseem Hamed had to sell his house for a million pound loss.  Fortunately for Foreman and Tyson they were able to bounce back and still make millions after financial issues but how many others can luck out with the Grill deal like Foreman and how any have the personality/character like Tyson to still be able to make millions doing chinese action movies, cartoon, Vegas shows etc

Trinidad's situation is probably the worst one I know of relative to where he was at his peak. I know Froch bought as much property as he could, so don't expect to hear about any financial woes from him. Surprisingly, I've heard that Brandon Rios is very good with his money. :lol:

Last edited:
Damn if I was a boxer I would just buy a crib or two, invest with vanguard and call it a day.

Damn if I was a boxer I would just buy a crib or two, invest with vanguard and call it a day.

Boxing is the worst sport ever...as a participant. As a fan it's A1. But these cats take years off of their lives and 90% of the time have not much to show for it afterwards. These dudes are warriors. Only thing worse is mma.

Like the saying goes, you can play football basketball etc. you can't play boxing.

Back
Top Bottom