Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great fight. Saw GGG winning 7 rounds to 5. Some rounds Canelo would be aggressive, throw combinations, be active, in the 1st minute, but then do nothing in the next 2nd and 3rd minutes. GGG was more busy on a consistent basis. And people have to stop with Canelo being on the roped on purpose, that was really due to fatigue and GGG controlling the ring.

118-110 score is a joke.

If you're upset at Bird's card but not the draw, well you should be. A competent judge would likely have given us a clear cut winner.

Canelo was given the W against Lara for being the aggressor despite landing less than 100 total punches. Now he's awarded a draw instead of another L while being on his bike this fight counterpunching with zero effect.

Talked to 2 of my co-workers who were Canelo fans, both agreed he lost the fight. I had it 8-4 GGG it wasn't really that close, no wonder boxing is dying after continuous BS like this and the Pac-Horn fiasco.

Paid $10 to see the fight and I will not pay a dime to watch the rematch
Had a feeling everyone involved wanted a rematch and that 118-110 score confirmed it
The undercard was atrocious and I will not be hustled with a rematch

Putting the money I saved not purchasing this ppv and the one they set up for next May
And I'll be purchasing a ticket to the Wilder vs Ortiz fight this November

The way I judge is simple. If you landed more punches you win the round, if you won more rounds you won the fight, either that or you get the stoppage. It shouldn't involve anything to do with opinions just count the shots landed, how hard it was doesn't matter unless it's a knockdown or knockout

That's a horrible way to judge fights

Canelo seemed to land more power punches. Golovkin, overall, didn't seem too fazed. GGG was a jab machine, but it also didn't seem to effect Canelo. Canelo won the early rounds, in my opinion and also won the last few -- started tough, finished strong. Says a lot. A draw makes sense to me, but would almost lean Canelo.

One thing is certain...Lederman is always wrong. :lol:

I'll give you a scenario about why pure numbers is not a good approach:

- Say a fight goes all 12 rounds.
- Fighter A only lands 15 punches per round, but they daze Fighter B without knocking him down.
- Fighter B lands 30 punches per round but zero power punches all night.
- Fighter A is never dazed.
- By the end of the 12th Fighter B has landed 180 more punches despite being dazed in every round.
- Fighter B won?

Yes fighter B won if the fight goes the distance assuming his chin holds up from being dazed every single round for 12 rounds

I'll give you a scenario about why pure numbers is not a good approach:

- Say a fight goes all 12 rounds.
- Fighter A only lands 15 punches per round, but they daze Fighter B without knocking him down.
- Fighter B lands 30 punches per round but zero power punches all night.
- Fighter A is never dazed.
- By the end of the 12th Fighter B has landed 180 more punches despite being dazed in every round.
- Fighter B won?

Canelo was getting washed for damn near 6-7 rds in a row and finally showed some fight the last couple. I would have been heated paying full price or betting on this fight.

I mentioned this a couple days ago, that GGG looks to have less power in his punches recently since the suspicions of his gloves was brought up. In tonight's fight his power was not very apparent, Canelo threw the harder shots by far and made his head snap. Meanwhile, GGG's punches looked like Conor McGregor's.

Canelo was getting washed for damn near 6-7 rds in a row and finally showed some fight the last couple. I would have been heated paying full price or betting on this fight.

Outboxed, sure, but not washed. Canelo looked tired, but at some point (round 6 or 7?), Canelo landed a shot and suddenly GGG looked just as lethargic. He jabbed, Canelo landed blows and Saul finished much stronger.

I mentioned this a couple days ago, that GGG looks to have less power in his punches recently since the suspicions of his gloves was brought up. In tonight's fight his power was not very apparent, Canelo threw the harder shots by far and made his head snap. Meanwhile, GGG's punches looked like Conor McGregor's.

Oh, I think the opposite. I thought GGG's punches that landed on Canelo, hurt Canelo more than Canelo's punches landing on GGG. GGG seemed to be eating all of Canelo's best punches and looked unfazed. Kell Brook's punches looked more painful when he landed on GGG. But I respect your opinion.

So Horn can be aggressive and win the fight against Pac but triple G can't against canelo... some bull man

Either way I think Canelo wins the rematch. This match and a draw is exactly what him and his team needed. GGG will fight the same but as far as Canelo i think he adjust since he knows he can go 12 with GGG. He should of went to the body much more and what the hell was he thinking staying on the ropes against this man.

Cinco De Mayo :pimp:

Oh, I think the opposite. I thought GGG's punches that landed on Canelo, hurt Canelo more than Canelo's punches landing on GGG. GGG seemed to be eating all of Canelo's best punches and looked unfazed. Kell Brook's punches looked more painful when he landed on GGG. But I respect your opinion.

I'm going to rewatch the fight. I think it could look that way because Canelo actually tried to slip or circle around from the punches to zap the power. The best punch in the whole fight was that right hook from Canelo that sent GGG's head flying, which would've KO'd anyone else. Luckily, for GGG he has a granite chin. Kell Brook is my favorite boxer, but I know he was going for broke in that round when he landed that huge uppercut after surviving an onslaught in the prior round. He was sitting on all his punches. Canelo took a more strategic approach and paced himself.

overrating canelo power punches.

GGG took the hardest most flush haymaker Canelo threw. It was perfect and spot on. Dude acted like it missed. He immediately proceeded forward. Didnt even stumble.

Because you're the one true boxing aficionado?

No, because I follow the guidelines set forth by the association of boxing commission.

Clean punching
Effective aggressiveness
Ring generalship
Defense

Most people don't even know there are guidelines to scoring rounds. They just see a dude go forward throwing a **** load or punches and giving him the round.

That's not how it works.

Back
Top Bottom